Author Topic: Cage Photo Gallery - Post Yours! (no conversations please)  (Read 224570 times)

Offline kmw

• Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • No longer a rat mom
Cage Photo Gallery - Post Yours! (no conversations please)
« on: January 28, 2005, 09:59:07 AM »
Here's a thread where you can post pictures of your rat cages, show off your cages, and get ideas from others. 

I'd ideally like to keep this thread to photos and a short description of what cage, how many rats, and what you have in the cage.  If you like what you see in somebody else's cage - Private Message them, rather than hijack the thread!

So, who wants to be first?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 09:31:16 AM by Suebee »
kmw
RFC Moderator

"Everybody knows how to raise children, except the people who have them." - P.J. O'Rourke

The Bean  Bean 2.0

Offline Sunilata

• Posts Too Much!
  • one tough lobstahgirl
    • Island Gliders
Re: Cage Decorating Pictures - Post yours!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 10:03:02 AM »
Ooooh ooooh me!

Mine is a RUUD from martinscages.com, and home to my 15 girlies. :D You can PM me if you are wondering about any of my accessories. I have lots of bird toys, a senior Wodent Wheel, a tire swing, igloos, Ferretrail tubes, PVC pipes, a weeble wobble, a litterbox...yeah...

Here is a more recent picture (1/31/05) - Sorry it's a bit dark.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 02:22:21 PM by Sunilata »
islandsugargliders.com

Offline Suebee

• Honourary Canadian!
  • Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Rimmer: 7/26/99 - 08/31/02
    • ratsrule.com
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 10:08:33 AM »
Here's a pic of my Martin's 695 when the Barenaked Boyz held court...

Top balcony - hammock/tent
Top right - white corner shelf from Petsmart, manzanita bird branch below it
Middle floor - PVC "Y" tube connector, vinyl carpet runner floor covering, Flat Bac water bottle
Just below - Ferret litter box (cable tied w/ dowel support), another manzanita branch
Bottom - stainless steel bird dish (screwed to cage), another Flat Bac bottle, purple resin "log", Kleenex Family Size tissue box)

I'll have to take a pic of the 680 when my new boys move in this weekend. ;D

Spiralgirl

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 08:52:06 PM »
Here's mine, but it's from about a year ago.  I've since moved my computer desk (seen to the far left in this pic) to another wall of the room and spread the cages out a bit more on the same wall.

I use heavy duty cardboard shipping tubes, jean leg hammocks, plastic corner Hi-Bac litter trays, and plastic shoeboxes for furnishings.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 03:42:50 PM by Spiralgirl »

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
  • Pick the adoption option!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 09:01:04 PM »
This is my homemade cage. It's 4' wide, 3' tall, and 2' deep.  It's big enough to house 12-14 rats, but currently only holds my crew of eight (for now ;)). 

Generally in the cabinet cage is...

• 2 igloos
  • 2 monster igloo
  • 6-12 hammocks
  • SuperPet Comf-E-Cube
  • Marshall's Ferret Ark
  • Ferret tunnel tubes
  • 1-2 big ferret play balls
  • 3-5 fabric ropes
  • Ferret play boat
  • 2 large litter boxes
  • 7-8 hanging bird toys
  • 1 hanging ferret toy
  • 10 or more cat jingly balls
  • 2 lock-crock food bowl
  • 2 water bottles
  • ...and lots of other accessories switched in and out.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 11:34:28 PM by SuccubusOfAngels »
  <~~ Add Chelsey's Cozies on Facebook!  :)

Offline RNPaulie

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2005, 10:37:08 PM »

This is .. or WAS my RUUD--it is now two separated cages--bad boys hehe.  four boys live in the bottom and three on top now.  They seem to like sleeping (and peeing) on the fleece, the pvc tubes are perfect for eating a treat in peace.  They do "jog" in the wheel, although not as much now as when they were little LOL..
« Last Edit: January 28, 2005, 10:41:51 PM by RNPaulie »

Proud Mom to 
Corbin,Zac,Lucas,Noah and Liam
miss you Melka and Brady..

Offline knuckles

• Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Lightening
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2005, 10:17:40 AM »
here is my cage/tank combo.  It consists of an 80 gallon tank for the base with one martins 695 and one 690 on the top (I plan getting another 695 one of these days).  The rats can move between the cages by going into the tank part via bird ladders.  Currently 17 girls live in it. 

Ayrn is posing with her toy (no its not a rat) for a size comparison.  She is a 65 pound golder retriever.

Offline aphoeniceus

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2005, 03:38:16 PM »

This is my Ruud, which I actually currently have split (the Ruud is actually the R680 and R695 together I believe).  The bigger section houses my 6 boys and the smaller section houses 2 girlies.  I decided to leave this picture up anyway because it shows the Ruud nicely. 

Here are all the accessories in the cage:
Two large igloos (one on top and one on bottom level)
Two hammocks (one on top, one in the middle level)
One bird rope (top level)
One bird fleece hide house (top level)
Two bamboo baskets (top and middle level)
One large pvc pipe (top level)
One wooden rat hideaway (middle level)
One plastic clothes pin basket (bottom level)
One ferret teeball with "T" tunnel (bottom level)
One large box with hole to accomodate the boys (middle level)
Two wooden hanging bird toys (top and bottom level)
One brick - for trimming their nails (top level)
One egg carton that will need replacing soon hehe (middle level)
And their new linoleum floors on the top and middle levels, to make for easier cleaning :)

Here is the R-695 seperated

« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 07:58:06 AM by aphoeniceus »
Human slave to 8 snakes, 2 cats, and 1 conure

Feithline

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2005, 07:54:17 PM »
Holly cow! er- Holly rat! Those things are huge! And to think, I thought my cage was big. But then again, I only have one rat, and pretty much everyone else on this site has at least five...

Well, as we all know, rats get sweeter as the numbers get bigger!  :rattysmiley: :BlueDumboSmile:

All the same, my cage is small compared to everyone elses--- or it just looks small. But my girls are small too, so that's okay.

Here's my cage, complete with new playarea! Now I've just gotta make something that can get the girls to and from without cutting wires... I'll probably just end up buying a bird-ladder at the petstore.  ;D
( all clickable thumbnails )

The overview of the cage and play surface and storage area.

The cage itself (in it's old position).

Lower section of the cage.

The girls' demonstrating how the door opens.

Inside view (looks pretty bare... I'm working on that...)

The top floor.

Since my cage is a bird-cage, the top is one that can open and close. This, of course, is a closed dome view.

Open Dome.

Offline Sapphire_Rats

• Posts Too Much!
  • GIMMIE!!!!
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2005, 05:17:19 PM »
ok, here is mine. It's completely changed now though. As the boys didn't like it before ;) lol.

Now the wheel is moved a bit, there is a fleece baby blanket on the floor, the grey litter box is on the floor. they have fleece material to lay on/snuggle in on the first balcony, along with a shredded paper dig box. On the middle floor there is another litter box under the balcony, a hidey/sleep box opposite the basket *on the floor*, there is only one basket now, the food and water bottles have been moved up to the upper balcony to make a "food area" which is where they will get all their extra treats, snacks, and meals :D

« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 07:45:43 PM by Sapphire_Rats »
One Ferret boy by the name of Chulo...

Rest In Peace Our Little Angels:
Boo-Boo-sep 2007 rest in peace puppy girl
Zion-male beige dumbo
Micky-Male Pomerainian
Mischief~ Our black syrian hamster
Sugar~beige white girlie
Neptune~blue/white split cap dumbo

Offline Suebee

• Honourary Canadian!
  • Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • ratsrule.com
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2005, 10:00:47 AM »
As promised, here's Stalag 13, home of Hogan, Schultz, Klink and Newkirk.

The little green blob near the door is a bit of chenille stem (pipe cleaner), because the door bows out just teeny bit, and they're so small that a little tenacity and a good push could lead to an escape. Once they grow a bit more, I can lose the pipe cleaner. LOL!

Offline Macie_and_Emma

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2005, 06:18:50 PM »
Well, my girls are confined to the itty bitty top half of the Ruud now that we're at college. *sigh*  Here's their setup.

This summer when the Ruud is back together I'll post pictures of how I normally set that up...

Conveniently hidden under my bed  :BlueDumboSmile:

Offline Scratch

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2005, 07:30:45 PM »

This is my cage! It's a Marchioro- not sure which model, but it's their largest size (two doors). This is my big boy Sam's cage- he gets it all to himself! Inside are a litter box, hammock, ferret tube, tissue box, Wobust Wodent Wheel, a sock, a cat ball, a TP tube, an igloo, food dish, and water bottle. One big towel covers the bottom.

(BTW, Sam doesn't use the hammock, ferret tube, or Wodent Wheel. :yelcutelaugh:)

Offline BlueMoon

• Posts Too Much!
    • Volunteers for Wildlife
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2005, 03:25:34 PM »
Here is the Martins R-680, home to Anastasia and Imogene. Lily and June are in the 30-gallon tank. There are a bunch of spare cages and random stuff under the table.

On the other side of the room, here's Beatrice in her R-690. The mice, Claudia-Jean and Donatella, are upstairs in the blue and white cage.

Offline cerulean.blue

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm up and dressed... What more do you want?
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2005, 02:45:10 PM »
Here's a really old picture of my cage setup. A Martin's R-695 and R-690.

[

Offline Ratwings

• Posts Too Much!
    • My Elfwood Art Gallery
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2005, 04:13:14 PM »
The girls' cage, a Martin's R-695:

The boys' cage, a Martin's Large Collapsible Carrier:
~Julie

Offline Tabby

• Tabby's Rats - Peanut & Twilight
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2005, 07:54:43 PM »
Well, first off I have to say WOW! There are some very impressive setups posted here.. nice job!

Here is our Martin's 670, home to Peanut and Twilight

They currently have a Dearpie hammock, tissue box, paper towel tube, newspaper shreds (packing from the box the cage came in, they LOVE them!), ferret ball, cat toy, Leapin' Ledge, PVC tube, small igloo, plastic basket (I tried attaching it to the side of the cage, but the girls chewed the cable ties the first day), homemade fleece rattie rope, 2 wooden bird toys, 2 food crocks (one for lab blocks, one for Suebee mix), Lixit Wide Mouth water bottle and on one shelf I am trying out the plastic needle point canvas. So far so good, the girls started to chew it, but have mostly left it alone. That is their favorite shelf to store lab blocks covered up with newspaper shreds.
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

Henry David Thoreau

Offline -Kelly-

• Posts Too Much!
  • I Was A Rattie Mommy For 9 Years...
    • My FaceBook
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2005, 07:19:43 PM »
Mine is an 'All Living Things' Cage from Petsmart. I like it, it's pretty easy to clean. and I like the wire spacing.

I have 2 Dearpie hammocks and a DP tube as well (Thanks Pie!!!) ;D

The rats love them and I love the quality & cost. These things go through the washer all the time!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 07:17:00 PM by -Kelly- »
Someday I will have ratties again, until then, chaotic (yet fun) mama life keeps me busy!

Offline Grace

• Posts Too Much!
  • Don't shop, adopt!
    • Graceful Moose Diapers
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2005, 09:33:32 AM »
Here's the two cages I have right now.  One is a Martin's R-685, the other is a homemade cabinet cage that I just finished (although the doors still need to be done - the ones on there are only temp.)

This is an old picture, but it gives you an idea as to how it's normally set up.  This cage houses Toddles and Lina.

This is the new cabinet cage.  It is 5' wide, 2' deep, and 3' tall, and can hold 15+ rats, though I don't think I'll ever have that many!  I haven't screwed in eyes yet to hang hammocks from, so it looks pretty sparse at the moment.  This cage has Milos, Pompeii, Tuscany, Benji, and Turin.

And for a size comparison, here's the cabinet cage with the 685 on top.  (Ignore the messy room)

And past cages...

The previous cabinet cage - 3' wide, 18" deep, 5' tall (including the storage at the bottom)

Martin's R-695  (Only pic I can find, it usually had a couple more things in there - cardboard boxes, t.p. tubes, PVC pipe, etc)

And the homemade "Ruud"

Visit us at Mainely Rat Rescue
Don't forget to visit our STORE

Offline Claire

• Posts Too Much!
  • Augie!
    • Rusty Rat Rescue
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2005, 03:32:28 PM »
Here is my 695!  Lots of assorted things in there right now - Wodent Wheel, Kleenex Boxes, toys, oatmeal container...

I have four females living in it right now

Offline KeepersPlay

• Posts Too Much!
  • YES I'M GONNA be a starr
    • KeepersPlay Myspace Page
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2005, 07:50:52 PM »

This is Solace and Lennox's cage. My boyfriend got this cage for Bella as a Christmas gift. She really enjoyed it while she was alive.
Now my boys jump around and play on the bottom lv.
In the cage I have cat toys, bird toys, 2 hammocks, 3 food bowls, the water bottle (this is an old pic. they have a new water bottle now) They have that tube they used to hide in. Now Solace just runs in there after I give him some "people" food.  ;D

I haven't taken pictures of the other two cages because Phoenix's is currently under construction (I'm putting some new toys in and a hammock) and my foster girl isn't staying so there's no point in making it all fancy when my boss wants her back.  :(
So, when I get Phoenix's cage all done then I'll post pix.
::KeE

Offline Suebee

• Honourary Canadian!
  • Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • ratsrule.com
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2005, 08:52:45 AM »
Just a little mid-stream post to remind people that this thread is ONLY for posting pictures of your cage, with any necessary description/commentary... if you want to comment on someone else's set-up, please send them a private message so the thread stays on track.

Comment posts are deleted on sight. Thanks.

Offline shaz

• Posts Too Much!
  • mummy to Peaches,Humbug,Tippex and Topaz
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2005, 09:38:43 AM »
mines a ferplast jenny..contains boxes,litter trays,large rock,wodent wheel,hammocks,houses,lots of shredded paper..tubes 
Nutz,Winnie Winston , Nibbles and my Star..lost suddenly...Play hard at the rainbow bridge,and remember i will always love you

Offline RNPaulie

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2005, 03:01:53 PM »

the top part of the new cage, which is a Martin's 685

bottom part is a 680

and all of it together--a bit smaller than a RUUD and bigger than a 695-- I have five males who seem to have plenty of room in it
My other cage is a modified 695, I had a bigger door put on and another door added to the bottom left side of the cage to get the wobust wodent wheel in/out without having to take it apart.

Proud Mom to 
Corbin,Zac,Lucas,Noah and Liam
miss you Melka and Brady..

Offline catsgurleygirl

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2005, 02:24:08 AM »
Whee!!  Here is my new cage. 

Here are a few close ups:

bottom:

Upper right:

Upper left:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 02:33:42 AM by catsgurleygirl »
My sweet girls:
Ginger, Bridgette, Paige, Phoebe, Anju, Sasha, Geetu, Kalypso, Siam