2 (2.2%)
Gerbil
0 (0%)
Hedghog
0 (0%)
guinea pig and/or rabbit
2 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Author Topic: Whats better?  (Read 19316 times)

Offline Frozen_Flamez

• Ritten
  • Rat Lover!
Whats better?
« on: June 22, 2002, 06:16:55 PM »
Which One Do You Like MOST!

Offline Lacey

• Rat Lover!
Re:Whats better?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2002, 06:22:05 PM »
   Out of the list and what I have owned in the past. I would have to say my vote is for the RATS!!!
All though I love all little animals.
  Now if you were to ask what some people like better Rats or Horses. That would have to be a tie.
There is a rat at the end of my tunnel

Offline PatrickC

• I'm my rats pet. :)
    • The Rats of Arizona
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2002, 06:25:19 PM »
I am yet to own a chinchilla, I think they're SOOOOO cute! But rats still win by a long shot.  :)  :ratsmile:
Sincerely, Patrick Cooper and the rats, Khaki, Oreo, LeRoy, and Seymour

Check out my site! Just Click Here

Offline Bonnie

• Posts Too Much!
  • Professional Treat Dispenser
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2002, 06:26:18 PM »
I can't vote! I have 4 rats, one ferret and I breed rabbits (currently have 5, but you know- they breed like rabbits and all)

I've owned rabbits longer than rats and rats longer than the ferret (whom I've only owned for 2 weeks) but I love them all!

They have different things I like about each one, but I really can't make one superior than the other! That's like picking which of your own children you like better.

Now if you asked which I liked the least- I'd have to say the hamster. Appologies to hamster mommies and daddies out there!
~Bonnie~

www.petfinder.com --Adopt a pet, save a life!

whispurrr

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2002, 04:51:30 AM »
Hmm, considering this is a rat forum I think your results may be a little biased... :)

Offline Yresim

• Posts Too Much!
  • My baby plays hide-and-go-seek!
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2002, 07:56:56 PM »
Rats.

With short-haired guinea pigs as a close second.

SADCAT

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2002, 08:11:43 PM »
Wow I'm surprised someone voted for hamsters... lol... I definitely choose rats. But like Laura said, I think the voting is going to be a little one-sides here on a RAT forum. ;)

Offline DesertSands

• Rat Lover!
    • Desert Sands Rattery
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2002, 08:21:56 PM »
Rats are at the top of my list and hamsters at the very bottom. I've owned all of the above (except sugar gliders), and have to say the rats have been the best.

My order of choice (just for kicks)...

1. Rat    
2. Ferret  
3. Chinchilla
4. Sugar Glider (guessing, never owned one)
4. Guinea pig
5. Rabbit
6. Hedgehog
7. Gerbils/jirds    
8. Hamster  
"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they pissed me off. "

Offline quantadreamer

• Rat Lover!
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2002, 09:23:24 PM »
 :confused: Nai nai nai... all I've owned on that list is a gerbil...  :shocked: Nai nai nai... Of course, my ratties WILL be coming soon... ;D ;D ;D So that'll change!  :ratsmile:
To my loving animals who have passed over the rainbow bridge! Cameo- the sweetest cat ever. Sugar and Spice- such cute gerbils! Mr. Furball- to an amazing 7 years of gerbilishness! Rico and Corey- Such nice kitties!

Offline emmamay

• hello!
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2002, 10:45:21 PM »
although i have only ever had rats (coming up 2 years) but i would love to own all of those animals so i cant say! even though i have never seen a hamster or gerbil or sugar glider!
I'm a New Zealander!:P

Offline Shawnda

• Rat Lover!
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2002, 11:25:52 PM »
Rats are the best, with ferrets and gerbils tied for second. Hampsters and sugargliders are evil! (apoligies to hampster & sugerglider fans.) Thats my vote, Rats all the way!! ;)
Moeshee & Flips Mom

Offline maloot

• Ritten
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2002, 07:17:59 PM »
I have only owned rats, hamsters, and rabbits, but I agree rats are the best.  After our boys our family will never have another hamster.

But rabbits run a close second.  We have a house rabbit who is a real character and a lot of fun.  He even went on vacation with us.  My daughter got a lot of attention when she took him out for bathroom breaks.

But Sorry Baxter, rats still rule! ;)

Offline kim

• Posts Too Much!
  • high drive
    • I Dream of OTCH
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2002, 07:27:19 PM »
well, i couldnt vote for my dog so...

definitely rats. ive had about all of them, and rats rule!
ARCHX Bowie's Semper Fidelis v DRU, CDX ASCA-CD CD-H RE RL1X  RL2X RL3 ATT WAC TT CGC VC FFX-OG
Beja's Bombs Away v Bowie, CD-H RN RL1 WAC YTT PTT CGC

Offline Scamp

• Posts Too Much!
  • Cannot Resist Warm Fuzzies
    • My Livejournal
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2002, 11:08:32 PM »
I voted for rats.

Although my lil hamster is awfully cute too. He's sleeping in the pocket of my cargo pants right now...
Sara and Ossie the Tiltyrat...
Rattie-Heaven kids: Pippin, Merry, Whiskers, Stubb, Stitch, Kupo, Noe, Mae-Mae, and Pudge.

Offline Dani

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'll always love my Nemo
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2002, 11:57:39 PM »
I would have to say either the Rat or Rabbit and I have Sugar Gliders ( If you don't know what Sugar Gliders are they are Marsupials and look kind of like flying squrrels) and love them very much! but they aren't realy meant to be domesticated and are hard to own.But if if You had included dogs I'd have to pick the dogs! But what the heck! I'll just have to say Rats! ;D

Offline Bonnie

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2002, 11:38:32 AM »
I have a friend who owns a sugar glider and it is just absolutly adoreable. I could never own one, personally, but I just love her litte Kissy.  She has her in her shrit when she goes to school and stuff, and the glider usually sleeps the whole time and no one even knows she is there!
~Bonnie~

Offline Marianne

• Rat Lover!
    • Cheesy Acres Rattery
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2002, 11:45:12 AM »
I agree with Laura. After all the name is the RAT fan club, hehe. ;D
Marianne ~Cheesy Acres Rattery~
www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/taiwan/83/

Offline Dani

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'll always love my Nemo
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2002, 09:02:37 PM »

I have a friend who owns a sugar glider and it is just absolutly adoreable. I could never own one, personally, but I just love her litte Kissy.  She has her in her shrit when she goes to school and stuff, and the glider usually sleeps the whole time and no one even knows she is there!

Yah, ours sleep all day and are realy active at night, their names are Pandy,Peanut and Tilly They are realy cute! Ours would like to sleep in our shirt pockets all day but if they woke up and escaped then we wouldn't be able to find them again.::)

Offline Panda

• Hopefully getting rats soon! <:3 )~
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2002, 09:10:24 PM »
Aww! How cute! Sugar Gliders are really cute! For me, I bet they'd tie for 1st!  ;)
I Luv RATTIES!!

<:3  )~......<:3  )~...<:3  )~....<:3  )~.....<:3  )~....<:3  )~....<:3  )~

Offline Taylor Parker

• If only Ratopia were a place on Earth... *sigh*
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2002, 09:44:09 PM »
oh I used to have a hedgie named Mort. I know, sucky name, but he was SERIOUSLY cute... Its a tie between hedgies and ratties. I have 8 ratties now and Mort has since passed on... but a sniffly little hedgie nose is hard to pass up!!!
Taylor Parker & Her Ratties, Lola (The Doting Mama), Demitri (The Proud Papa), & Their BRAND NEW LITTER Of 17 Babies... Good Luck In Heaven To The Wee Ones We Lost.
Also Gillian the Afghan Hound, & Caelin the Bengal Cat (& Also Demitri's Resident Angel!) =^..^=  

Offline BabyBlue

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2002, 04:21:29 PM »
From that list I've owned Rats, Hamster, Gerbils and Hedgehog. I have to say Rats are absolutely my favorite, with the hedgehog second.

My sister has this absolutely adorable hedgie Kitty (my sister thought it was just so cute to name her that since she eats cat food ???), who sleeps most of the time but still manages to do some silly things to crack us up.

I would like to get a ferret, but I don't know if I want them while I have rats, so there goes ferrets (I know some of you have both, but don't think I can handle it)

Offline Lee

• Professional artist... I do rats too!
    • Serpent's pride, arts and bettas
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2002, 04:32:54 PM »
I was so close to voting sugar gliders.
There was one at the pet store I used to work at, I called her Miss PricklySpazz. It suited her.
poor thing was always being harrassed by idoit customers (Sorry but really...) Kids would pull on her tail through the bars when she was sleeping...until the tip of her tail fell off, with all the hair.
As you can imagine, when I was working (I only worked on fridays and weekends) I went ballistic on people who did that to the poor thing...she was obviously screaming at them for a reason, and no it's NOT funny to harrass small animals.
The worst part is the parents would do it too. She bit a few people real good.
 Anyways I thought she'd never come around, poor girl would scream everytime you opened the door to her cage, or if you had to clean her cage she would get very upset and bite if you tried to grab her.
 Before I quit I got to the point where I could get her to climb onto my arm to get a cricket or meal worm, and sometimes I'd let her sleep in my hood (Only when she let me put the harness on her..)
 Luckily another girl that worked there bought her...and she's really social now...Still hates kids though.  :-\
-Lee

Offline Bonnie

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2002, 04:47:09 PM »

Yah, ours sleep all day and are realy active at night, their names are Pandy,Peanut and Tilly They are realy cute! Ours would like to sleep in our shirt pockets all day but if they woke up and escaped then we wouldn't be able to find them again.::)

Wow, my friends glider wont leave her! She tried putting Kissy on my and she hopped right back to my friend. She even put her on the counter and started walking away and Kissy tried to hop back to her.... they are really bonded.
~Bonnie~

Offline Katie

• Posts Too Much!
  • Got Rat?
    • Playful Design
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2003, 07:57:39 PM »
I of course picked rats as my fave. Although Guinea Pigs and Gerbils are close behind. Hamster's are next...I've had all of the ones I've mentioned and the Gerbils and Rats have been the best.
.:: Katie ::.

Offline HSH Rattery

• Just call me the Lil' Rattie Twerp!
    • By HSH Rattery
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2003, 08:16:09 PM »
I'd have to say rats. All other pets I've owned/have are of the non-rodent type.
Hannah aka PlatinumRat
Home Squeak Home
E-mail me~http://www.geocities.com/yeeillinois ~ http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rat_training_behavior

Everyone is wierd... just in different degrees
The only stupid questions are those left unasked

SAM_PIBB

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2003, 08:22:39 PM »
I voted for rats but I like all the choices with the exception of hamsters, I have some thing against them, I don't know why. And I like mice to but that wasn't a choive and bunnies are cute and and oh heck they're all so cute and lovable, I choose them all! ;D

Offline anklebitr

• Serenity and Door are marathon rats
    • Michael and Kari's page
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2003, 10:46:12 PM »
Rats are the only type of pet I have in that list.  I think Gliders are really cute.  My hubby thinks so to.  Well maybe someday.  
I have heard that Gliders really bond with their people.  

Lee- I am glad to hear that Miss Prickly Spazz has a good home now.  Ghee the poor thing.  
My girly rats:
Heidibear, Curious (Lunchbox), BVR Magic Penny (AKA Princess Door), BVR Testify to Love (AKA Serenity), BVR Charoite (AKA Luna), BVR Cats Eye (AKA Kitty)
http://kandm_perry.tripod.com/michaelandkarispage/

stripedrats

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2003, 11:03:40 PM »
Rats, of course!

Although Gambians wasn't an option...   ;)

Lenore, you have a gambian?? I've been toying with getting a Gambian when I don't have as many ratties. How easy are they to care for? same as rats? how sweet are they? are they cuddly? what is their avrg size?  ???

Offline Noe

• Posts Too Much!
  • There is no path - the path is made by walking.
    • The Rabbit Forum
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2003, 12:37:46 AM »
Lenore, you have a gambian?? I've been toying with getting a Gambian when I don't have as many ratties. How easy are they to care for? same as rats? how sweet are they? are they cuddly? what is their avrg size?  ???

LOL, no, I don't have a Gambian, but I am fascinated by them. Lone Star has a pair, though, so I'm sure she can tell you all about them. (And maybe post some new pics?)   ;D

I can tell you they generally weight 2-6 lbs and are a lot more trouble than rats in terms of noise, space required, and destructive ability, hence the my-not-having-any.
The Rabbit Forum
Making the web better for bunnies.

Offline Panda Phil

• Posts Too Much!
  • Uh-oh. Someones out of Yogies!
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2003, 03:53:51 AM »
 Hmmmm, don't laugh, but I think perhaps I'll go out on a limb here and predict that RATS will be the hands-down winner from that list.  ;)
Currently owned by Phil, Ivan, Stanford, Harvey, and Meatball.
Missing my dear departed Oscar, Bob, Rufus, Artimus, Geordie, Little Eeper, Smudge, Baby, Mr Flibble, and Bubonic.

ratties

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2003, 06:15:33 AM »
definetly rats!! I've had a lot of other kinds of pets but rats have been the best.

Offline Grace

• Posts Too Much!
  • Don't shop, adopt!
    • Graceful Moose Diapers
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2003, 11:48:29 AM »
I voted rats, but rabbits are a VERY close second.  Although, if cats and horses were on the list I'd be having a heck of a time choosing one.

Visit us at Mainely Rat Rescue
Don't forget to visit our STORE