Author Topic: carefresh ultra?  (Read 2443 times)

Offline sarahem007

• Posts Too Much!
carefresh ultra?
« on: February 25, 2005, 11:14:25 PM »
is carefresh okay for rats? i bought carefresh ultra because my girls didn't like aspen, they've been on towles, but it's just nasty because they pee too much.
Run your little hearts out at the bridge, Oreo, Jet, and Licky!

Offline aphoeniceus

• Posts Too Much!
Re: carefresh ultra?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 11:18:35 PM »
I have heard that carefresh is fine, but that it could be a little dusty.

Offline sarahem007

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 11:24:04 PM »
they seem to like it, they dig in it and stuff their noses in it, but they sneeze just a little
Run your little hearts out at the bridge, Oreo, Jet, and Licky!

Offline ratzrkool

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 12:21:29 AM »
I used carefresh up untill one month ago. Its good, the ultra (the white kind) is more expensive that the regular brown stuff and it is dusty. My fuzzies loved to eat it and pick up peices and rearange every thing and it was also fun for them to throw it out of the cage (big mess on the floor! :BlueDumboSmileTongue:).  I have now switched to yesterdays new because it is not as dusty and I think it fends off smells better. It's just personal preference.
The ratz- Tippy, Spike, and Hazel  
~RIP Mr. C, Timothy, Fink, Dot, & Mo~~(   )8:>
The kats- Senior, Seven (the 24 toed wonder), Padfoot, Voltron and Finn
The dog- Yogi

Offline Cass_Cass

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2005, 12:46:58 AM »
I also switched from CareFresh to Yesterdays News, because CareFresh made my allergies act up. It also made the girls sneeze something awful. I love Yesterdays News more than I do CareFresh, but it is definately just my personal opinion.
                                               Cassie :toothy10:

Offline critterkeeper

• I could NOT be any cuter! Well, maybe..........
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2005, 05:34:00 PM »
I'm also switching from Carefresh to Yesterdays News. Carefresh ultra is OK, but it is more expensive, comes in smaller quantities, and is a teeny bit dusty! No respiratory infections (yet) since YN!! Actually, in my case, YN is more expensive than the regular grey Carefresh by $1, but that will soon change. Be sure to get the cat litter instead of the small animal litter; it's cheaper, and there's no difference!
The proud trainee of 22 Rats:
Loki~Nemo~Snoopy~Paris~Dipsy~Kiwi~Mac~Otis~Coconut~
Billy~Mr. Maple~Twinkie~Montegue~Callie~and 8 new Jelly Beans!!!
3 Guinea Pigs:
Winnie~Mitzi~Hershey
1 Cat
~Sami~

Offline kim

• Posts Too Much!
  • high drive
    • I Dream of OTCH
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2005, 11:14:57 AM »
carefresh ultra (white tekfres) comes in all the same sizes that the regular stuff comes in.

it should not be dusty - the white tekfresh we sell and i used (i dont have experience with the carefresh), has no dust associated with it, no odor, and the rats loved it. its my personal favorite bedding, and i am switching back to it now tha ti am back to a manageable number of rats that won't put me out of house and home in bedding.

it is the best in odor absorbancy i have found, its soft, it doesnt get stuck in the carpets, it makes no noise when they kick it around, and it doesnt disintegrate.
ARCHX Bowie's Semper Fidelis v DRU, CDX ASCA-CD CD-H RE RL1X  RL2X RL3 ATT WAC TT CGC VC FFX-OG
Beja's Bombs Away v Bowie, CD-H RN RL1 WAC YTT PTT CGC