Author Topic: Petco & Petsmart Ferret Cages  (Read 12793 times)

Offline Auntie Crazy

• Posts Too Much!
  • How could you NOT love those furry little faces?
    • CatCentric.org
Re: Petco & Petsmart Ferret Cages
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2005, 02:24:41 PM »
I used to have all my rats in Superpet cages. I absolutely love those cages but the reason I switched all my cages to Martins, my aging rats could climb the superpet ramps anymore. The superpet ramps are steep with nothing really to get a grip on....

I know what you mean about the ramp angle, I was surprised myself at how steep the directions called for. I would imagine, however, that the panels could simply be put closer together (vertically, I mean), until the ramp angle was as gentle as you wanted it. I didn't follow the directions, myself, because I had extra levels and ramps I wanted to put in the cage.   :)

By the way, Jorats, your cages look awesome (what a lot of stuff you have in there for your ratties)! Hmmm, just curious, what did you do with your SuperPet cages after you got the Martins?   ;)  :D
AC's Crew: Allen, Rachel, Meghan, Spencer, Heather & Ralph

CatCentric.org: A raw feeding, feline nutrition, health and general cat care blog, article and resource site.

Offline jorats

• Posts Too Much!
  • There are rats in my house.
    • The Rat Shack
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2005, 02:30:39 PM »
I tried putting the levels closer together so the ramps wouldn't be so steep, but than that just gave me too much space in some areas. Also, you have too keep in mind the door openings, not just at the front but those side doors too.
I ended up selling my big cages to some great rattie people in the Toronto and Ottawa region.
Joanne
The Rat Shack

Until there's none... rescue one.

Offline Sapphire_Rats

• Posts Too Much!
  • GIMMIE!!!!
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2005, 04:35:02 PM »
I read somewhere that someone had an "all living things" cage and part of it collapsed and injured a rattie (though I suppose that could be because of the way it was put together)

I myself prefer martins, as if I ever decide to get any babies/smaller ratities, then they can't just walk right out. lol
One Ferret boy by the name of Chulo...

Rest In Peace Our Little Angels:
Boo-Boo-sep 2007 rest in peace puppy girl
Zion-male beige dumbo
Micky-Male Pomerainian
Mischief~ Our black syrian hamster
Sugar~beige white girlie
Neptune~blue/white split cap dumbo

Offline Kendra

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2005, 09:46:51 PM »
That's really weird!  It is put together with c-rings and came that way.  There's no way any of it could come loose.  The person to whom that happened must have gotten a defective cage or something.  That particular cage has the larger spacing, but their other rat-sized cage has much smaller spacing.  :)  I have one of those to which I added an extra level.  I like them just as well as my Martin's cage.  The only major complaint I have is that they are only 14" wide.  It would be nice if they were just a few inches wider.
Ratless

Offline BadRattitude

• Posts Too Much!
    • Bad Rattitude Rattery and Rodent Rescue
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2005, 09:02:38 PM »
The only cages I've heard collapsing are SuperPets large ferret cages because they use plastic clips.  I have many All Living Things cages and like them alot.  I don't like the snap on base on superpets because the pieces always break and then there is no way to attach the base.  I still prefer my Martins the most though.

Offline DragonTamer

• Posts Too Much!
  • Spider Lovin'
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2005, 03:00:03 PM »
I used to have a nice 4 level superpet cage that I wound up tossing after MANY MANY MANY years of abuse...   (from rats, to my ferret, to rats again after the ferret grew and was moved to larger cage..  then tossed when I got a second martin's ruud).   you really need to keep up and wipe the levels daily.. that was the only way I could keep it from smelling or being pee soaked.   other than that, I loved it!!   actually whiping it daily was easier than these stupid ruuds with their stupid wire levels.. gah!  lol