Author Topic: Is it just me?  (Read 2306 times)

Offline catsgurleygirl

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
Is it just me?
« on: March 02, 2005, 06:07:00 PM »
I was just wondering, is it just me or do any of you have trouble trying to organize all of your rat stuff?  I am not trying to be dramatic here.  I have quite a few ziplock bags with all of the cereals and stuff (for suebee mix), I have a big Tupperware bin with all sorts of various "rat" stuff, like extra yogies, some evil Kaytee mixes left, etc.  Then I have a shelf with extra meds, vitamins, comfort stuff like children's sneezing meds when they get sick, I also have to stash their newspaper bedding (per vet orders) somewhere--and that not counting all the other stuff, like yogies and other treats lying around to have on hand and toys and such.  Soon I will have my nebulizer and I will have to come up with a place for that...in the refrigerator, they have yogurt and ensure (I hide their "green mush" supplement in it), and some fruit juice, as well as fresh fruits and vegetables for them.  I mean really this is a lot of stuff here!!  And, I live in an apartment so space isn't exactly plentiful.  However, I don't consider just being able to put something somewhere as good, because I need for it to look nice too.  I mean, not like a million bucks, but if it is not well organized, I just don't feel good, in my own home--no matter what it is.  I keep all their stuff in the office where their cage is to make it more convenient to get to, but it still seems all over the place!!
My sweet girls:
Ginger, Bridgette, Paige, Phoebe, Anju, Sasha, Geetu, Kalypso, Siam

Offline Leialte

• SnugglePets
Re: Is it just me?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 06:11:48 PM »
I have a free standing cabinet I keep the girl's stuff in. Before I had that it was in my closet and underneath the cage and on my desk and everywhere! While everything is in the cabinet though, it's still rather disorganized in there... so yes and no?
- Leialte -

Rats: Zilly, Tenner, Keidas and Laraya

Offline Dianna

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 06:25:11 PM »
No, it is not just you,,,

I have so much stuff right now I just don't know what to do with it all...
I have four totes filled with cloth for hamocks, socks for nesting, toys, extra houses,
extra water bottles, nylabones, wood chews,and such. I also have a box filled with
ziplock bags filled with the extra lab blocks, and two large Tupperware containers one with
Suebee's mix the other for dispensing Lab blocks. I have a couple of shelves filled with
containers of yogies, nuts (in shell) fruit puffes, rat cookies and other treats, and tons of
napkins for nesting. I have a storage closet in the back yard filled with empty cages that I
cannot use right now because I am with a closed colony right now. I also have empty cages in the house to put my wayyyy to active foster girls when I clean their cage. I have another box
filled with jars of baby food and a small box of syringes, meds, gloves , and other medical stuff for them.

I live in a condo so I know how you feel about room for stuff I have all my stuff in several rooms.... mostly the room they are in under the tables thier cages are on. I put table clothes on the tables so you cannot see what is under them to keep it a bit neeter.

If you find a  great way to oraganize it all let us know.    :)

Offline RNPaulie

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 07:56:00 PM »
I have most of the rat supplies in between the two cages.  I have those sterlite stacking drawer units ( I think I have a total of seven drawers) Three for hammocks and such..One for towels and cleaning supplies.. One for extra clips and zips and bungies and whatnots.. One for treats.. One for brushes, extra toys etc.. The bedding goes in a big container in the closet.. Suebee's mix is in a rolling container meant for dog food and on top of that is a smaller one for the Harlan blocks.  There is a another container in the closet that we put the blankets we use for the couch at playtime.  When it's all put away it's very organized, it's just getting it all away at the end of the day that's a problem LOL

Proud Mom to 
Corbin,Zac,Lucas,Noah and Liam
miss you Melka and Brady..

Offline RKEM

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2005, 06:58:32 PM »
Nah, its just you ... my rat stuff is everywhere. My freezer is packed with lab blocks and rat purreed food for my geriatric girl. My pantry is full of ensure and about 5 kinds of pablum. Their first aid kit takes about the same room as two recycling bins, my kitchen is full fo yesterday's news bags, my closet is full of rat rugs and rags and even my bathroom is full of rat toys. Don't try to "organize" your rat stuff ... just surrender and let it take over  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline catsgurleygirl

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2005, 07:19:12 PM »
Well it's always nice to know you aren't alone  :)!!  Today, I actually think I got a handle on it!!! I have spent all of today lounging around in my purple bathrobe eating popcorn watching movies and cleaning up the office.  Here is the rat corner now!!:

My sweet girls:
Ginger, Bridgette, Paige, Phoebe, Anju, Sasha, Geetu, Kalypso, Siam