Author Topic: SuperPet Water Bottles  (Read 3225 times)

Offline critterkeeper

• I could NOT be any cuter! Well, maybe..........
SuperPet Water Bottles
« on: March 03, 2005, 08:05:03 PM »
I just recieved three new Flat-Bac SuperPet waterbottles. HOW do these things work! I can't understand the bracket thing, it seems SO impractical to have to screw them on all the way with the door open on the other side! I was thinking I could just remove the bracket and use the "springs" that Martins Cages give you to connect the cage to the base! Anyone know of any GOOD Flat-Bac waterbottles that can be hung on the outside of the cage (preferrably from Petco, PetsMart, or The Ferret Store)??? Any help and advice is GREATLY appreciated!
The proud trainee of 22 Rats:
Loki~Nemo~Snoopy~Paris~Dipsy~Kiwi~Mac~Otis~Coconut~
Billy~Mr. Maple~Twinkie~Montegue~Callie~and 8 new Jelly Beans!!!
3 Guinea Pigs:
Winnie~Mitzi~Hershey
1 Cat
~Sami~

Offline Cass_Cass

Re: SuperPet Water Bottles
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 11:39:59 PM »
I have no experience with the flat backs, but I recently got my girls a Super Pet Critter Canteen. I love it! Just a suggestion for another water bottle (just in case worse comes to worse and you can't find what you are really looking for.) Sorry that I wasn't very helpful  :-[

Offline Suebee

• Honourary Canadian!
  • Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Rimmer: 7/26/99 - 08/31/02
    • ratsrule.com
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 08:57:33 AM »
I exclusively use Flat Bac bottles, and I think they're fantastic... sure, it's a little awkward to get the bracket on the first time, but once it's on, you don't have to fiddle with them anymore. I've had two on my 695 for almost 3 years now.

it seems SO impractical to have to screw them on all the way with the door open on the other side!

Maybe it's the "happy drugs" in my prescription cough medicine, but I have no idea what you mean by this...

Offline Elaken

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Rats are my obsession!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 12:34:32 PM »
I am with Suebee I was a little confused with what exactly are you asking?  I use to have a flat bac and it wasn't a problem, except for intial putting teh bracket in.
I was lucky enough to have been part of Willie's life and I am eternally grateful for the 2.5 years she gave me.

Offline RatHead

• Forum Enabler
  • Joey & Koko
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 03:10:57 PM »
HOW do these things work! I can't understand the bracket thing,  it seems SO impractical to have to screw them on all the way with the door open on the other side!

If it's like mine, it's a translucent blue bottle with a white bracket. The white bracket part unsnaps from a ridge on the bottle. It is sometimes difficult with a new bottle. I do like the new bottle design as it doesn't seem to be as prone to leaking, but that bracket could stand a little improvement.
So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste.

Offline critterkeeper

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 08:03:09 PM »
OOOOOOOO- So you don't have to take off the whole entire bracket! I still don't understand- Is the bottle itself supposed to be on the outside of the cage or the inside of the cage ??? ? I have had problems with the screw- I just said "screw it" lol. It wouldn't come off- but I'll try again. Thanks
3 Guinea Pigs:
Winnie~Mitzi~Hershey
1 Cat
~Sami~

Offline aphoeniceus

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 11:00:14 PM »
The bottle itself snaps into the bracket, it is made so that the bottle is outside of the cage with the "nozzle" inside of it (to prevent chewing).  You make sure that the bracket is outside and that the metal piece that screws in is in the inside of the cage.  I dont know how else to explain, sorry if that didnt help.

Offline critterkeeper

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2005, 03:02:13 PM »
The bottle itself snaps into the bracket, it is made so that the bottle is outside of the cage with the "nozzle" inside of it (to prevent chewing).  You make sure that the bracket is outside and that the metal piece that screws in is in the inside of the cage.  I dont know how else to explain, sorry if that didnt help.

Thank you SO much! I FINALLY did it  :D !!! YAY!!! My ratties love it, and it is almost 3 1/5 times the size of my other water bottles! Thank you all!
3 Guinea Pigs:
Winnie~Mitzi~Hershey
1 Cat
~Sami~

Offline Suebee

• Honourary Canadian!
  • Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Rimmer: 7/26/99 - 08/31/02
    • ratsrule.com
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2005, 09:07:44 AM »
I've been using this bottle type for so long, I have three different brackets. I hated the first one, LOVED the second one, and now HATE the new one. I wish they went back to the other design...

Offline critterkeeper

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2005, 04:46:49 PM »
Now it's leaking  :P
3 Guinea Pigs:
Winnie~Mitzi~Hershey
1 Cat
~Sami~

Offline aphoeniceus

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2005, 05:55:45 PM »
Now it's leaking  :P

After all that work!  ::)

Yeah I had the same problem with mine, I actually have had really good luck with the Lixit and LM water bottles, and they are the cheap ones!  I have also recently tried the All Living Things ferret water bottles where it doesnt leak (the bottle doesnt operate on a vacuum) but they ratties need to press a lever in the nozzle to have water drip, they dont like that one as much, too much work I suppose  :P

Offline Auskan

• Aussie living in Kansas!
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2005, 06:07:14 PM »
I got that All Living Things bottle about a week ago but mine haven't figured it out yet.  I even let the other water bottle drain dry for a little while in the hopes that they would try to figure this one out when they got thirsty, but no go.  They just kept trying the empty one.  I put them side-by-side too.
Ebony, Reject, Hadrian, Galeno (Linda & Carmen - RIP - you are missed).