Author Topic: Dog clippers wanted ( not for the rats!!)  (Read 2950 times)

SonyaFancifulRats

Dog clippers wanted ( not for the rats!!)
« on: June 26, 2002, 03:22:30 PM »
I am interested in purchasing an Oster or other clipppers set so I can shave down my long haired weiner doggies myself.  It wouldn't need to be real heavy duty as its a once a year job.  

Offline EaglesEye Rattery

• Rats are truely a girls best friend!
    • EaglesEye Rattery
Re:Dog clippers wanted ( not for the rats!!)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2002, 04:50:43 AM »
At bi-mart you can get a pretty good set for about $20 (I used it for a few years on my Cocker Spaniel) and since shipping it would be over $5 I would assume It would more then likely save money just to buy it new!!

I beleive those also come w/ a warrenty which is VERY nice to have if your clippers burn out!

Emily~
Small rattery in Salem, Oregon breeding great pets & beautiful show prospects since '98.  Also offering hand-made jewelry, and whimsical rat, dog and other animal art.

Emily Rose~  http://www.eagleseye.us

Offline EaglesEye Rattery

• Rats are truely a girls best friend!
    • EaglesEye Rattery
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2002, 04:52:36 AM »
PS  LH Doxies really don't need much trimming- just brushing.  If they are brushed once every one or two days you should be just fine!  Hopefully you won't be shaving them completely???  The long coat is the whole point of owning a LH!!  LOL

Em~
Small rattery in Salem, Oregon breeding great pets & beautiful show prospects since '98.  Also offering hand-made jewelry, and whimsical rat, dog and other animal art.

Emily Rose~  http://www.eagleseye.us

SonyaFancifulRats

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2002, 10:20:47 AM »
Emily, Thanks for the info.. I don't have a bi-mart near me, but there is a walMart, K mart etc. that may have something. I wasn't sure those cheap kits would work OK..but I'll give one a try! Especially if it has a warranty.

I know they don't "need" to be shaved BUT they spend a large amount of time outside with us in the summer and its hot, and they dig up my lawn so they are dirty and the long fur collects ticks, slugs, ants, grass.. ick. I'd have to brush them out 5 or 6 times a day before they come inside LOL.   I love their fluffiness, and if I shave them just once in the summer they are still "long' haired the other 9 months of the year. Their coats come in just fine, shaving them hasn't changed the texture or anything.

Offline kim

• Posts Too Much!
  • high drive
    • I Dream of OTCH
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2002, 09:26:53 PM »
the best catalog to check out would be cherrybrook -- its specifically geared towards groomers, and i bet you would find the best deals there on grooming supplies like clippers! they do have a website, i am not sure but i *think* its www.cherrybrook.com

ARCHX Bowie's Semper Fidelis v DRU, CDX ASCA-CD CD-H RE RL1X  RL2X RL3 ATT WAC TT CGC VC FFX-OG
Beja's Bombs Away v Bowie, CD-H RN RL1 WAC YTT PTT CGC