Author Topic: *2 fosters need home fast * Iowa (IL, WI border)  (Read 865 times)

Offline babydoshia

*2 fosters need home fast * Iowa (IL, WI border)
« on: May 23, 2005, 09:53:34 PM »
Hi guys-
I recently aquired 2 female rats from a friend of mine.  She was taking terrible care of them and decided she no longer wants to care for them.  She said she's just going to stop feeding them and wait for the inevitable to happen.  Anyways, when I heard this I of course took them from her.  She gave me the cage along with them which has never been cleaned in the time she's had them (omg, you can picture that one for yourself :-X )  I cleaned the cage with bleach and it looks very nice now.  The cage is actually a decent size but to give them more space I put in a shelf and a hammock. 
I cannot keep them as I am pretty much out of room and not really looking for more ratties right now.  (I have 3 girls of my own)
I'd like to find them a nice home, soon. 
It is two females.  A fawn hooded and a black hooded.  The fawn is about 1 1/2 years old and the black about 7 months.  They are not very tame but once caught dont mind handling that much.  They're pretty sweet (The fawn will sit on your lap and loves long pets) and I think that with time they will get tamer. 
I am in Dubuque Iowa, right on the IL, WI border.  Someone would have to come get them.  I can go an hour or 2 in any direction to meet you though.  Also, if you want it you can have the cage they are in now as well.
I'd love to keep them but at this time I cannot, so if any of you can help out at all please let me know as soon as possible.
Reply to me on here or email me at babydoshia@hotmail.com.

If you like, I can try and post some pics later on.

Thanks so much
-Madelon

*edit*  Here are those photos.  Not the greatest but you get the idea.  I edited my post as well.
Here's Damion.  I shortened it to Dami since it is a girl.

And here's Lucifer who I have renamed Desirea.

Here is the cage they are in (the hammock is clear)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 10:48:57 PM by babydoshia »
I love you Star. You'll forever be in my heart.[/color]

sjay

Re: *2 fosters need home fast * Iowa (IL, WI border)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 10:02:16 AM »
Can someone do transport? I'm in MN and have any empty cage. I can maybe meet somewhere... Is it possible to do a rattie train here on our forum for people who'd like to help with transportation??

Offline babydoshia

Re: *2 fosters need home fast * Iowa (IL, WI border)
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 10:51:13 PM »
Sjay, That would be wonderfull if you could take them.  I can only go about 2 hours north so unless you can come down that far we'll need some others to help out.

Anyone in the area care to help?  Or anyone closer think they can take them?
I love you Star. You'll forever be in my heart.[/color]