Author Topic: Ferplast Jenny?  (Read 1484 times)

Offline Caitak

Ferplast Jenny?
« on: July 10, 2005, 12:21:37 PM »
Next week it seems is going to be a busy day for me. I'm off to PAH to pick up my new rat cage. It seems at the moment I'll be getting the Ferplast Jenny, providing it fits in the car (I'm just about to dig out my tape measure and check).

I have a couple of questions about it.

Several people on the fancy-rats.co.uk reviews have mentioned some problems with cleaning it, I was wondering if anyone here could post some pictures of their cage layouts and let me know if they've experienced any problems with it.

How many rats are you keeping in it? I'm going to be getting two, and the fancy-rats website says it'll hold six. Is this true? I want to make sure that I have enough space just in case GGMR sets in.

Also, the cage doors. I didn't look at it for very long in the shop yesterday (I should have when I had the opportunity, but I didn't realise that I'd be getting it so soon). According to the reviews the top door is fairly big but it has two side doors which are rather small. My Dad had a rat who was very skittish and didn't like to come out of his own accord, and the doors of his 'starter cage' (a horrible contraption which has since been skipped) were not big enough to lift him out of. Does anyone have the measurements of the doors?

As I said before, I'm curious to see how other people have set up this cage, I'm going to be out at Uni for about five days a week as well as work from nine til five on most Saturdays, so I want to make sure that they have plenty to do while I'm out during the day.

I'd also like to know how easy it is to assemble, because if it'll fit into the car whole then I can set it up at the car park of PAH to take with us to pick up the rattles. Then they can go straight into their new home rather than being stuck in a small plastic carry case on what may turn out to be a fairly warm day. At least in an open cage they'll feel the benefit of the AC or an open window. Or would they feel more comfortable in a small carry case?

Anyway, thanks in advance to anyone who can answer these questions for me.

Cait