Author Topic: Product Reviews  (Read 64172 times)

Offline Goosemoose

• Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • Goosemoose.com
Product Reviews
« on: July 16, 2005, 12:02:15 AM »
I finally sat down for a few hours and started setting up a product review system. I promised this a long time ago and am just getting around to finally setting it up. You will probably have to log out and log back in to see it. Go to the main page of the site http://www.goosemoose.com . To see the products already reviewed click on Product Reviews under the resources menu. To submit a new product for review click on Submit New Review under the user menu on the left. I will get an email telling me that there is a new submission then I will review it and set it to published mode.

Please check out this system! I would like it to become something like epinions, but just for pet products. It could become a great resource for pet lovers. Right now only submissions for rats is working, with the sub-categories of Books,Cages,Toys,Food, & Bedding. If you have other ideas please let me know, I will get the other animal sections up soon.

The way it works is that the first person writes out the product description like what it is and who makes it, then is allowed to rate the item and give a review of it. Everyone else is also allowed to give the product a review. The system will keep track of the products ratings.

Right now you rate Durability and Ease of Use. These are pretty lame but were the quickest things I came up with. Give me some more ideas of what you would like to see rated!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 09:00:21 PM by Marybelle »
My Day Job: Home Inspector Pro - Home Inspection Software - Allows any inspector using Windows or Mac to create easy to read reports that can be quickly uploaded online, or printed out on the job site.

Offline kim

• Posts Too Much!
  • high drive
    • I Dream of OTCH
Re: Product Reviews *NEW*
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 08:35:43 AM »
i logged out and logged back in and still cant see it under resources.
ARCHX Bowie's Semper Fidelis v DRU, CDX ASCA-CD CD-H RE RL1X  RL2X RL3 ATT WAC TT CGC VC FFX-OG
Beja's Bombs Away v Bowie, CD-H RN RL1 WAC YTT PTT CGC

sjay

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 09:36:41 AM »
Me either Goose

Offline OrlandoBloomnut

• Posts Too Much!
  • I am no longer a ratty mom :(
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 12:47:03 PM »
well i saw it but it said cats and someone had posted a cat reivew
I am owned by:
1 dog Misty
Gone but not forgotten:Diamond & Citrine. Quiche & Dini and now Sweetness
I miss you .

Offline Goosemoose

• Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • Goosemoose.com
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2005, 04:20:17 PM »
For some reason it's only letting me show one section at a time. I'm working on that right now. Kim, make sure to look under resources on the menu on the left side of the screen, not the resources along the top. I haven't put it there yet. I did add a cat review on my automatic litter box. Let me know if you can see it and what you think!
My Day Job: Home Inspector Pro - Home Inspection Software - Allows any inspector using Windows or Mac to create easy to read reports that can be quickly uploaded online, or printed out on the job site.

Offline Goosemoose

• Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • Goosemoose.com
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2005, 04:40:37 PM »
Fixed! Check it out  ;D

Offline menagerie

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2005, 05:08:39 PM »
Looks great Goose.
If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it.  ~ Margaret Fuller

Offline Siana

• Posts Too Much!
  • Spotty bum!
    • Ratclub.org
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2005, 05:53:45 PM »
Goose, the review links are a weird yellow colour for me, which makes it hard to read.  I've provided a screen cap.  As you can see, the "Powered by xtdratings" link is blue, which I'm guessing is the colour the other text is supposed to be.

Oh, I also checked with Menagerie.  She sees the links as blue, so I'm not sure why it's just me.  I'm using Firefox btw (she is too).

Edited to add: I just went back to the product reviews page, and now the links are blue and look fine.  Go figure.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2005, 05:57:07 PM by Siana »

Offline BionicKoi

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2005, 06:06:03 PM »
This is a great feature Goose! Thanks  :D

Offline Goosemoose

• Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • Goosemoose.com
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2005, 06:08:29 PM »
Siana,
Thanks for the pic :) You actually caught me right in the middle of changing the colors. You computer probably cached the color for a few minutes. Try reloading the page. It should show up as blue now :)

Offline Goosemoose

• Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • Goosemoose.com
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2005, 09:05:57 PM »
Okay, I have it now so that you can look at the reviews and submit your own by looking under the resources menu at the top of this, or any other page. I also put the games link and a few other links there :)

Offline Goosemoose

• Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • Goosemoose.com
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2005, 01:32:19 AM »
Okay, I got everything resolved. You can now rank other people's reviews as helpful and the entire review section has been cleaned up. I just need to mess with the colors a little (the yellow is ugly). Please check it out and post new products, or reviews for existing products! You can get to it by going to Product Review under Resources on the main menu on the top of this site.

Let me know what you think of the newer setup!

Offline menagerie

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2005, 11:47:47 PM »
I did a google search for Lixit Rody Igloo tonight and the first link that appeared was to the Goosemoose product review page. whooot, go goose.
If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it.  ~ Margaret Fuller

Offline Goosemoose

• Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • Goosemoose.com
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2005, 12:38:41 AM »
Yup Yup! Very awesome. I'm working on improving the product review module. I should have a better version in the next week or so.

Offline Goosemoose

• Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • Goosemoose.com
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2005, 06:10:09 PM »
Ok. I just revamped the product reviews section and got it running smoothly again. Anyone mind testing it out please? I hope to get it so that it lists the number of product reviews you have done in your forum profile.

Offline Kathleen

• Posts Too Much!
  • R.I.P. Delilah
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2005, 07:00:01 PM »
A few days ago, I noticed that there weren't many reviews up, so I wrote a few. But now they're gone! What happened?

Offline Goosemoose

• Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • Goosemoose.com
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2005, 07:02:22 PM »
Hi Kathleen,
 I know and you wrote a few great ones too :( The problem was that you wrote them on the day we had server corruption last week. So when I did the restore from the night before we lost it. I will be adding back the link under everyones name with how many reviews you've done. I'll make sure to bump yours a few even though they didn't get listed. Feel free to add a few more though!

Offline DolciLady

• Posts Too Much!!
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Rattie slave and lovin every minute of it!
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2006, 09:58:16 AM »
It won't let me post reviews.  Error message comes up saying "ff*something*string...not writable...please change name of image..." And I get a message in my browser bar that says "error on page". 

And what format do the pics need to be in?  URL, photobucket, off our pc...what?  I've tried several ways and none work.

HELP!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 10:05:32 AM by DolciLady »
SugarBaby...my heart rat    The sweetest love I've ever known.

Offline Goosemoose

• Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • Goosemoose.com
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2006, 01:36:23 PM »
Thanks for letting me know about that. The problem should be fixed now. Let me know if you are able to post okay.

Offline DolciLady

• Posts Too Much!!
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Rattie slave and lovin every minute of it!
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2006, 08:10:16 PM »
Posted just fine, thanks, Goose!!!

Robin
SugarBaby...my heart rat    The sweetest love I've ever known.

Offline Goosemoose

• Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • Goosemoose.com
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2006, 11:53:33 PM »
Great! Thanks for adding the review :)

Offline NillaWafers

• My blog
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2007, 03:59:45 PM »
Hmmm, it says I'm not logged in everytime I go to view a review? Do I have review first in order to see the reviews? I'm confused  ???

Offline Kimmiekins

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Rattie Lovin'
    • Rattie Love Rescue
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2007, 05:34:04 AM »
I wondered about the reviews, myself. They haven't worked in a while. Any chance they'll work again soon? I love having the resource!
Owner of Rattie Love Rescue in Cincinnati, Ohio
We serve the Tri-State Area (Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana) & beyond
Petfinder | Gift Shop

Offline Goosemoose

• Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • Goosemoose.com
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2007, 07:13:34 PM »
The problem has been that the software I used for the reviews is now charging about $100 for the new version. I've been waiting until we get enough donations to cover it, but it's not happening. Hopefully I'll have some extra money soon and I can buy it. If anyone would like to donate, they can always purchase it for us, *cough *cough*,* hint* hint*.

Offline NillaWafers

• My blog
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2007, 07:55:16 PM »
I can donate in like three weeks. I will then ;)