Author Topic: Kota has some weird bumps- He was just neutered.  (Read 2658 times)

Offline cerulean.blue

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm up and dressed... What more do you want?
Kota has some weird bumps- He was just neutered.
« on: December 03, 2004, 11:20:19 AM »
Well, as it says in the subject my dog, Kota, was neutered not too long ago. They used those dissolving stitches inside. Most of the stitches on the outside are gone, except for one or two. I checked it yesterday and there's bumps around where the stitches were. It started out with one, but then a couple more popped up later. Could it be some sort of allergic reaction or infection caused by the stitches?

Offline Blue Steel Rats

• Posts Too Much!
  • A proud rat owner since 1964
Re: Kota has some weird bumps- He was just neutered.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 01:48:02 PM »
It could be.  Make sure you keep the incision site clean, even though most of the sutures have already dissolved.  Wash the (bumpy) skin a couple of times a day with warm soapy water, rinse, and dry.  Keep an eye on it.  If it doesn't start clearing up on its own within a couple of days, head back to the vet.

:dog:
Deb ~~((((8:>

Offline kikoalex

• Posts Too Much!
  • I love my little stinks.
Re: Kota has some weird bumps- He was just neutered.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 03:57:30 PM »
When I had my rat Emmie spayed, she had a similar reaction to the dissolvable sutures.  It turned into a huge ordeal, as the bumps were absesses inside the body (including where the uterus was tied off).  I'd recommend doing in and having your puppy checked out.  Perhaps antibiotics will be able to fight the infection.
-Tibeca AND the ratties:
Angel, Mikie, Monkie, Natters, Princess, Snow, Baby Emmie, Sam the man, Sarah and Jubilee.  :)