Author Topic: URGENT PA 3 black labs need homes by Sept 6!!  (Read 3029 times)

Offline Ratwings

• Posts Too Much!
    • My Elfwood Art Gallery
URGENT PA 3 black labs need homes by Sept 6!!
« on: August 26, 2005, 10:43:43 PM »
Posting this for a friend of a friend....

The owner of the dogs is moving to Europe and can't take his 3 beloved lab boys with him.  He's been looking everywhere and now it's almost time for him to leave so he's getting desperate and really upset because he wants his "sons" to have a good home.  They are older... I think the oldest is 9.  they are all black.  I don't really know all the details but I said I would spread the word as much as I could to try and help these boys.  The story just breaks my heart.... I would LOVE to have one of these boys becaause i have such a soft spot for black labs since I raised my Seeing Eye pup... but alas I am in no position to be adopting another pet... if my parents would even consider it.  I didn't even think to ask the location of the dogs... I am assuming they live near my friend, who's near me.  Which is just outside of Philadelphia, PA.  So if ANYONE is even remotely interested or might know someone who would be interested in adopting an older, loving lab please PM me and I will get you in touch with my friend.  Feel free to post this at other forums... I don't know any other dog forums.

Thanks for reading!
~Julie

Offline trubandloki

• Posts Too Much!
Re: URGENT PA 3 black labs need homes by Sept 6!!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 08:07:08 AM »
Has he checked into a lab rescue?  I would think that would be the best place to start.

Offline Ratwings

• Posts Too Much!
    • My Elfwood Art Gallery
Re: URGENT PA 3 black labs need homes by Sept 6!!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 07:59:20 PM »
He has checked all the local lab rescues, and they are all full.  He is only checking rescues and no kill shelters but they are all full at the moment.  I would think a rescue could put him in touch with foster families... :-\
~Julie