Author Topic: Looking for ferrets to adopt!~ found one and brought him home.  (Read 3652 times)

Offline JohariZ

• Posts Too Much!
  • Cave canem
    • Everything Ferret
Looking for ferrets to adopt!~ found one and brought him home.
« on: December 06, 2005, 02:41:38 PM »
Any age, any gender, and color. Would like two... I am in the Norfolk Virginia area and just want to give a couple of ferrets a good home. Of course if anybody knows where I can go in this area to adopt or find ferrets, please let me know...

Also looking for cages that people want to sell...

Z
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 06:24:44 AM by Zechnas »

Offline Sunilata

• Posts Too Much!
  • one tough lobstahgirl
    • Island Gliders
Re: Looking for ferrets to adopt!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 03:43:11 PM »
Have you checked out http://www.ferrethaven.org/? If they aren't close enough to you, you can scroll down on that first page and they have a small list of other ferret shelters in Virginia. You can also post on other ferret-specific forums, check local bulletin boards and papers, and things like Craigslist. There are always ferrets in need of homes! Kudos to you for wanting to adopt instead of buy. :)
islandsugargliders.com

Offline scrubjay

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 05:27:21 PM »
www.petfinder.org in my area (Pacific Northwest) literally has about a hundred ferrets looking for homes.  People must impulse buy them and give up easily.  Some sound very sweet.

Offline VegetarianPetLuvR

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2005, 05:35:13 PM »
Give your local Human Society/Animal Shelter a call, and see if they have any frets waiting for homes.

Good on you for choosing to adopt!

Offline JohariZ

• Posts Too Much!
  • Cave canem
    • Everything Ferret
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 06:24:02 AM »
I got him. about a month ago. Found him I think on ferrethaven.. I don't remember.