Author Topic: Ozzie's Monksion  (Read 8080 times)

Offline Mirabell

• Support Your Local Humane Society!
Ozzie's Monksion
« on: December 18, 2005, 10:28:47 PM »
Just wanted to post a few pics of Ozzie in her monksion.  What do you all think? 

And here are some close ups of her - she is such a ham!!

Later Days!
Stacie and the Zoo - Mira, Chiana & Siouxsie (dogs) /Pandora, Gambit, Popeye & Gary (cats) /Gus-Gus and Rizzo/ Ozzie (Quaker) & Conrad (BH Caique)
In my heart forever- Buddy, T2, Rascal, Benny, Devlin, Eek, Blaze, Baggins, Dexter, Mandark, Jethro, Rosie, Gandalf, Billy, Sammie & Ellie

Offline BlueMoon

• Posts Too Much!
    • Volunteers for Wildlife
Re: Ozzie's Monksion
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 05:15:28 PM »
Nice!! :)

Question - Do you replace the rope perches periodically? Ziggy has one that seems to have lost its bendiness over time, so I was curious if you just happen to have new ones, if you replace them, or just found better quality ones than I've got.

Offline Mirabell

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 06:36:35 PM »
I havent had to replace them at all.  I use the Booda Comfy Perches.  And Ozzie really doesn't do much with the spiral boing (in the back) so I've set it up so that it no longer if free-swinging.  It is funny, but I used to use these same perches for my rats when they were young to travel to different parts of their cages.

Is Ziggy really playful on the perches?
Later Days!
Stacie and the Zoo - Mira, Chiana & Siouxsie (dogs) /Pandora, Gambit, Popeye & Gary (cats) /Gus-Gus and Rizzo/ Ozzie (Quaker) & Conrad (BH Caique)
In my heart forever- Buddy, T2, Rascal, Benny, Devlin, Eek, Blaze, Baggins, Dexter, Mandark, Jethro, Rosie, Gandalf, Billy, Sammie & Ellie

Offline BabyBlue

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 07:55:59 PM »
My god that's a nice cage! Miki has a decent size cage for a tiel, but I'm afraid I could go bigger with my Eclectus. God only knows where I can squeeze in a bigger cage but still!

I just ordered a boing and this sphere rope perch thing. I heard that all birds just LOVE boings but wasn't sure if my guys will appreciate it. Miki isn't the most toy oriented bird and so far my Ekkie is a bit of a perch potato...

Offline Mirabell

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 10:49:21 PM »
Give your new baby time.  He is pretty young isn't he?  Then again, their known for being quiet and sweet parrots - have you tried chewing or different textures for his toys?  He might be at a awkward development stage where boings might scare him - lack of security/stable footing and all.  Just an idea - I know the my Ozzie really doesn't like swings or unstable boings.  But she doesn't have the strongest foot strength either.
Later Days!

Offline BlueMoon

• Posts Too Much!
    • Volunteers for Wildlife
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 11:27:43 PM »
Is Ziggy really playful on the perches?

He seems to have a regular schedule in terms of where he likes to hang out at particular times of day, the rope perch is where he stays in the early afternoon (usually when he's the only "person" in the house) his sits there talking to himself quietly and chewing on his toys. Hmm, I guess he probably chews on the perch sometimes too...? That might explain how worn out it's gotten.

I've never tried giving Ziggy a Boing, but he used to have a circular rope perch that could spin freely, and he wasn't too crazy about it.

Offline BabyBlue

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2005, 07:44:53 AM »
Yeah I should probably wait a bit with the boing with the new baby. He's already unstable with his big feet and heavy body, I can already see him falling off of the boing ::) Miki might enjoy it tho.