Author Topic: Just Ordered a Martin's R-695!  (Read 2273 times)

Offline ~Chelsey~

Just Ordered a Martin's R-695!
« on: January 10, 2006, 06:49:01 PM »
I am soooo excited!  I just ordered a Martins R-695 for my three girlies!  :BlueDumboSmile:  The whole Christmas break I've been saving and making things for in their cage.  The blue berk girl will still be in QT when the cage gets here, but Miko and Moka can enjoy it until then!  I'm so excited!  If anyone has any pics of their 695's that aren't in the cage decorating pics post them for me to drool over : :cheeky:

Offline ~Chelsey~

Re: Just Ordered a Martin's R-695!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 01:45:52 PM »
I just got an email that the R-695 is backordered...it won't be shipped for another one to two weeks  :BlueDumboBigEyes: :confused:

Offline DolciLady

• Posts Too Much!!
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Rattie slave and lovin every minute of it!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 01:50:10 PM »
Aww, Chelsey.  That stinks that you have to wait.  I'm about to order a 695, also.   

Robin
SugarBaby...my heart rat    The sweetest love I've ever known.

Offline ~Chelsey~

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 02:32:22 PM »
I agree that it sucks.  I think that they should put a notice up on their site when items are backordered...I feel that it's a common courtesy  :-\

Offline menagerie

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 02:48:33 PM »
Your cage will be there before you know it. Besides then everyone can move into neutral territory together. It will be much better.
If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it.  ~ Margaret Fuller

Offline wonderrodent

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
  • owned by three rodentists
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 04:27:15 PM »
I am sorry that you have to wait - that's disappointing! I have a 695 too for my two girls. If I knew how to post pictures I would (still don't know how it works although I read the post about posting pictures  ???). Anyway, there are some great posts (with pictures) in this forum about cage decorations (look at the first subject in Home squeak home).

<br/>www.wonderrodent.com<br/>
"Men have forgotten this truth but you must not forget it. You remain responsible forever for what you have tamed."

Offline ~Chelsey~

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 06:27:24 PM »
I just got an email saying that my cage shipped TODAY!!!  I'm confused but VERY excited!  :BlueDumboSmile:

Offline vanbo

• Ritten
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2006, 12:31:56 PM »
I just got an email saying that my cage shipped TODAY!!!  I'm confused but VERY excited!  :BlueDumboSmile:

Same here; place the order on the 8th, received notice of backlog on the 9th, then shipping confirmation on the 12th.  Scheduled delivery of the 17th.

Offline heather_nsg

• http://www.myspace.com/poeticrat
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2006, 01:15:11 PM »
Sweet! I got the same cage for Christmas, you won't regret it! I also added the flip top lid to mine for an extra 10 bucks, and I'm glad I did, it lets me put the wodent wheel on the top floor and makes it easier to clean. The cage is awesome size for the price  :rattysmiley: My two boy ratties love it, they have it all to themselves for now, but I do plan on adding two more boys eventually. Your three girls will be in heaven in there! It'll be there before you know it, I think mine only took like four days from the day we ordered it to arrive. Congrats, be sure to post some pics when you get it all finished if you can  :)
Treasure life above treasure.

Offline ~Chelsey~

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2006, 01:31:20 PM »
Cool :)  I didn't do the flip-top lid thing, but I think it'll still be ok.  I've been sewing like crazy over Christmas break making hammocks and stuff for the new cage!  I've got several different types of fleece so that they won't do without while their bedding is being washed.  According to FedEx the cage should arrive at my dorm on the 17th.  I won't be able to take pics for quite a while as I won't have a digital camera at my dorm room.  I sure am excited though!  The 695 can hold up to 5 rats, correct?  It might be time to go to Miko and Moka's pet store and look at doe kittens :cheeky:

Offline heather_nsg

• http://www.myspace.com/poeticrat
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2006, 02:12:08 PM »
Yeah, its good for up to 5 ratties, maybe six if you have petite girls, but I'd stick with 5 personally. I also got a sewing machine for Christmas too, so I can make more rattie hammocks. I have to learn how to use it first though, but my mom said she'd help me with that  ;) The flip top is good, but my other cage a martins 690 doesn't have one and I do just fine with it too - I've had that cage for like a year and a half and its still going strong. I am just going to cut off the zip ties from the top of the cage when I clean it so I can put the girls new wodent wheel up there instead of on the bottom and then zip tie it back lol. It's mainly good if you have large decorations/cage furniture to put in that won't fit through the front door of the cage. And it does help with cleaning too if you don't want to rinse it every time. With the 690 I just take the wire part outside once a week when I clean it out and hose it. The only thing about the 695 is that it is a bit awkward to move but nothing you can't handle. Its worth it for the extra floor space  :BlueDumboSmile:
Treasure life above treasure.

Offline ~Chelsey~

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2006, 04:21:50 PM »
Cool :)  I live in a dorm right now, but it's got HUGE showers, so I don't think taking it down the hall to clean it will be much of a problem, especially since I ordered another handle.

Offline ~Chelsey~

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2006, 11:04:38 PM »
It's here It's here!  I've got it all set up and MAN those girls LOVE their new cage!  Molly is still in QT with mites and lice (going away hopefully, still see signs of mites though...I'll do the full 30 days of QT and continue treatment), but I'm sure that when she gets in the cage with Miko and Moka she'll love it too!  My roommate got a digital camera for Christmas, so we took pics of the cage and I'm able to show you :)

I hope you guys enjoy...I know my girlies are!  :BlueDumboSmile: