Author Topic: Dor got GGMK  (Read 1978 times)

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
Dor got GGMK
« on: January 21, 2006, 11:31:15 PM »
Ok - this time the stamp is not for me!  Dor got "Gotta Get More Kitty"  We stopped by a Petsmart today that had some shelter animals there doing an adoption day.  He fell in love with a small blue tabby male.  

His name is Shadow and he's around 2 years old.  Had a really hard start due to being abused, abandoned and starved.  Despite all this, his foster mom made great progress with him and he is a very sweet boy.  He showed it a little bit with his interactions with us, but really showed his sweet personality when his foster mom got there.  

He's currently back in the laundry room/cat room under the cat tree.  He's scared but has already eaten some so that is a good sign.  I'll keep you guys updated on how he is doing.  I need to update you all on pictures on him and the girls soon too.

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
Re: Dor got GGMK
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 11:57:23 PM »
Grats!  I've always found my rescue kitties (especially the abused ones) to be the sweetest.

Offline NutKitty

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 02:54:27 AM »
That's awesome!!  I can't wait til you get the pics.  :)

I was at Petsmart today myself - grand opening just down the road.  They had some lovely kitties there too, but I'm above the allowed limit of two already...  :(  (tho we did get the ok to have three before we moved in!)

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
Re: Dor got GGMK - Pictures added!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 10:50:36 AM »
K, sharing kitty pictures, I don't think I've posted any in the past 6 months or so!

Elli - the Queen.  She's 4 years old.  Her "self assigned" sleeping spot is right under my chin, if she's not feeling really Queeny and sleeps on my pillows!

Next... the new little boy.  He's about 2 or 3 years old.  Still deciding what he thinks of everything.  Is sitting under the futon right now - everyone for the most part is letting him be to adjust.  Dor and I talk to him and I'm already calling him Elli's boyfriend, she's facinated with him and has never been happy about any other cats being in the house!  Maybe it's the second tabby like face!  Everyone is standoffish with eachother, but Elli will go right up to see him and likes to keep an eye on him!

This picture shows his face better, it's the one that was up on the site trying to get him adopted.

The babies still are the "kittens"  they turn a year next month!
Crookshanks is the black on, Sadie is the Tortie.  Shadow's foster mom told us shadow likes to play and that he was in with some kittens and really took to them due to being able to play - I can't wait to see how the 3 of them do together playing once he gets cozy here!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 04:24:32 PM by Kat »

Offline NutKitty

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 12:10:55 PM »
Aww..  they're all very cute, and Elli certainly looks the part of a queen!

I adore torties!!  I have one too.  :)

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 01:37:23 PM »
Beautiful kitties!  I can see why you fell in love (and why Elli is in love) with the new boy!  He's very handsome!

Offline Goosemoose

• Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • Goosemoose.com
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 05:14:40 PM »
Very cute.. My gf refuses to get into Petsmart on weekends since she knows the rescue kittes will be there to tempt us :)
My Day Job: Home Inspector Pro - Home Inspection Software - Allows any inspector using Windows or Mac to create easy to read reports that can be quickly uploaded online, or printed out on the job site.

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 11:26:07 PM »
He's doing well.  Still staying under furniture and avoiding the other 3 cats, but likes for Dor and I to go under the furniture to play with him, pet him, and give belly rubs.  I went under the crib with him today and he curled up against me and went to sleep.  If it had been a little more cozy I would have taken a nap with him!