Author Topic: My boy Pepsi  (Read 3173 times)

Offline @Debs111

• Debs Mad Cat
    • My Space
My boy Pepsi
« on: February 01, 2006, 08:01:21 AM »
Ive had my bunny Pepsi for just under a year now, hes always lived alone. Originally in a 3ft Single Tier Outdoor Hutch but has now got a 5ft Double Tier Outdoor Hutch. He used to come out eveeryday in the summer for a run round the garden. But hes gone really really vicious, attacking me if I go to feed him. I cant get him out as he scratches me, I have a scar to proove it.
I was considering spaying and then getting him a female friend...would this be suitable? Do you think this would make a difference in his behaviour?
Luv, Debs
xxx

Cat: Stylus
Budgies: Chips & Nemo
Rabbit: Pepsi
Rats: Peekaboo, Bambi, Missy, Chill, Button & Caramel
Rabbit: Jamie
Goldfish: Teddy & Tony

Offline ratadoptions

• Is there anything cuter than those whiskers??
    • Rabbit & Pocket Pet Adoptions
Re: My boy Pepsi
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 08:23:23 AM »
Neutering can help with hormones. www.rabbit.org has several articles on aggression, you can find these by using their search engines. 

Is he clawing when you pick him up? He needs to be picked up more frequently to get him used to it. There are articles on picking up your rabbit and getting them more comfortable with it. If you have trouble finding the articles, please let me know.
Angela C.

Rats and other pocket pets for adoption in Southern CA.

The term pocket pets is used to describe small pets other than cats and dogs. It in no way suggests that these small pets are "throw aways" or not as worthy of proper care as "larger

Offline @Debs111

• Debs Mad Cat
    • My Space
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 08:29:40 AM »
Thanks, yeah he kicks out and it takes me ages to catch him in the first place!
I hate getting him out as once hes out, thats it, takes me over an hour to catch him again!
Luv, Debs
xxx

Offline VegetarianPetLuvR

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 07:28:17 AM »
I strongly suggest you get some boy neutered.

And it sounds to me like you'll also need to go back to square one and start trust training. You shouldn't be chasing him around either to get him out of his cage, or put him back in - all that will do is make him afraid of you.

Have you considered bringing him inside? Once he's neutered, you'll be able to litter train him and the agression will (with a bit of time - about a month) die down for the most part. If he's inside, you'll most definitely be interacting with him more. He'll get used to you be around, and getting him to trust you will be much easier.

Good luck whatever you decide, and keep up updated!

Offline @Debs111

• Debs Mad Cat
    • My Space
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 04:36:12 PM »
Inside just isnt an option...I've put him up for rehoming anyway but had no interest yet
Luv, Debs
xxx

Offline jessiree

• Posts Too Much!
  • I live for rattie kisses.
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 09:26:11 PM »
If you're going to rehome him, please don't get another rabbit.  The last thing you need to do is have ANOTHER bunny living outside in a hutch and getting little attention.
Love a rescue rat and they will love you back!