Author Topic: Dangerous plants  (Read 2117 times)

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
Dangerous plants
« on: February 03, 2006, 10:27:21 AM »
Thought I'd supply the link to everyone!

http://www.cfainc.org/articles/plants.html

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
Re: Dangerous plants
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 11:41:41 AM »
Whoa!  Aloe is poisonous to cats?  Bizarre.  They must not be too interested in eating it, because we had aloe plants all over our house when I was growing up.    :yelcutelaugh:  I'll be sure to keep that in mind if I get an aloe plant though, for sure...

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 12:06:47 PM »
Something to keep in mind too if you get burned and put it on the burn.  Caution if you have a cat that likes to lick you.

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 12:29:03 PM »
None of my cats are licky, so I won't have to worry about that.  It's just a matter of where to keep the plant so they don't eat it!

Offline Nelly

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
  • If my body is a temple it's Deshnok Temple, India
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 01:54:01 PM »
I didn't read the linked item properly yet, but I know the pollen of lillies, like day lillies is poisonous.  So if you have cats you shouldn't have those - they only have to walk across the fallen pollen or petals and clean their paws and it's bad news

Thanks for the link Kat, I will have a proper read.  I know crocus are bad news and my old mog, Mo, who would eat things to show her POWER over everything (and once scratched her mouth and throat ripping up spiky burberis plants!) used to try to eat the green leaves of crocus - "It's GRASS you stupid human"
Nicky&her beloved furries xx
Cats Steffi&Mac
Rats Turk Noodles Shadow Newt Ripley Tia Halle Berry Tempest Kembali Murphy
At the Bridge :icon_cat: Boris Billie Bimbo Jennyfur Mo; ratties Perdy, Mitts, Mr Pob, Manny, Zemmi, Aimee, Floss Lucy Liu Fargo Riddick Megan Melody Monkey Imogen Brenna Danny