Author Topic: Tiels learned the waterbottle! (pic heavy)  (Read 7808 times)

Offline Tracy

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
Tiels learned the waterbottle! (pic heavy)
« on: February 04, 2006, 08:43:06 PM »
Ok, so they weren't as quick at the parakeets. So what if the keets picked it up in 10 minutes even with another water source. So what if the tiels took...well...longer! They-okay 2- FINALLY got it today! Yay! Ok, so I had to remove their favorite water bowl and leave the one waaaaay down at the bottom but it worked!

I saw Livvie playing around with it first. He just stared then proceeded "taste" the metal and just about gave up. Then he got wet. There began his first bottle experience.

About two hours later, Grampy rediscovered the bottle with Kaya by his side.

He makes a bet with Kaya that he'll figure it out how Livvie got water on the top of his beak.

Grampy assesses the situation while Kaya whiiiiiiines and Livvie giggles softly in the back.

He finally got the whole push thing while Kaya looks on intently. And I got sort of a tiel-ish tongue pic.

As you can see, once Grampy got the hang of it, he started chugging and no birdie could get in.
What does not change is the will to change.
Rescue Rats Looking for Love

"People who want their Children to experience the Miracle of BIRTH should first come to an animal shelter and Witness the Sadness of Death/Euthanasia"

Offline kim

• Posts Too Much!
  • high drive
    • I Dream of OTCH
Re: Tiels learned the waterbottle! (pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 08:49:24 PM »
awwww.... you crazy bird lady :)
ARCHX Bowie's Semper Fidelis v DRU, CDX ASCA-CD CD-H RE RL1X  RL2X RL3 ATT WAC TT CGC VC FFX-OG
Beja's Bombs Away v Bowie, CD-H RN RL1 WAC YTT PTT CGC

Offline Goosemoose

• Administrator
  • Posts Too Much!
    • Goosemoose.com
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 08:52:33 PM »
Cute pics :) No more dirty water bowls!
My Day Job: Home Inspector Pro - Home Inspection Software - Allows any inspector using Windows or Mac to create easy to read reports that can be quickly uploaded online, or printed out on the job site.

Offline Tracy

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 09:01:09 PM »
awwww.... you crazy bird lady :)

Not crazy. Eccentric! Eccentric!!

"People who want their Children to experience the Miracle of BIRTH should first come to an animal shelter and Witness the Sadness of Death/Euthanasia"

Offline aphoeniceus

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 12:43:09 AM »
Human slave to 8 snakes, 2 cats, and 1 conure

Offline MMFH

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 04:22:27 AM »
hi. That is really cool how ur bird learned to drink out of a water bottle. I have one of those water troughs for my parakeets but that size seems too small for my cockatiel. Are water bottles better then water troughs??

Offline Tracy

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 10:24:27 PM »
I found the bottles were much cleaner than the bowls. Never tried the other product you mentioned.
I was tired of cleaning the bowls every time I passed by the cage. They are very messy birds!

Offline looneycartoonie

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 10:10:00 AM »
The real question Tracy is how long did it take you to get them to pick up on the bottle? My cockatiel is definitely loopy. She might die before she learned that it spouted out water.  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline SA_ejw

• Rats rats and rats!
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 12:51:21 PM »
I am so going to try this! My cockatiel Maya is obsessed with pooping in her water
Boys: Arrow, Dash, and Jayson
Girls: Molly, Amy, Jewels,
RIP Mickey and Gwenn, love you babies

Offline MaevePotter

• Posts Too Much!
    • Meg's Magical Hammocks
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 03:55:40 PM »
aww! What cute birdys! It makes me miss my ex boyfriend's dad's macaw! He was so sweet. 
:heart: Loved by: Sean, Mittens, Honey, Little Bear, Pewpew, Thomas, Midget, Benjamin, Little Heart, Petal, Piranha, and Cricket.
Mommy misses: Dumbo, Piper, Emily, Merlyn, Theo, sweet Finn, Georgiana, Winston, Lily, Owen, Nicholas, Albus, Dumbledore, sweet Daphne, Fiona, Roger, Esther, and Caius.