Author Topic: 31 Small Breed Dogs (Schnauzers, Yorkies, Poms, more) Ann Arbor, MI  (Read 3243 times)

Offline brandy

• Posts Too Much!
In addition to the usual 20-25 adoptable dogs + a dozen or so puppies in the Humane Society of Huron Valley, they just took in a cruelty seizure of 31 small breed dogs! They're having to put them 2-4 in a cage, they just don't have room.

I saw 18 of them, which consisted of 11 Miniature Schnauzers, 3 Yorkies, 2 Pomeranians, and 2 Silky-Haired Terriers. I know that there are also Cairn Terriers, possibly other breeds. I think the majority are Schnauzers. Need to be vet-checked and cleaned up, but they should be up for adoption in a few days! They are all really sweet and friendly, given what they've been through. All appear to be purebreds - I suspect this was a mill situation, but I don't know the details.

If you have contacts with any breed rescues who might be able to foster, please have them contact the shelter! Right now the 18 I saw are in what are usually the kitten cages - and we all know kitten season is coming soon, so they'll need the space. The onslaught of puppies has already begun!

Contact the shelter for more info - I'm just a volunteer!

http://www.hshv.org
3100 Cherry Hill Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Phone: 734-662-5585
Brandy 1, cancer 0

Zero rats currently.
RIP: Snickers, Twizzler, Nestle, Valrhona, Cadbury, Elizabeth, Victoria, Artemis, Cassie, Lucy, and Chica.