Author Topic: Rat-Sitter Directory -- Please help if you can!  (Read 79080 times)

Offline gothkenny

Re: Rat-Sitter Directory -- Please help if you can!
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2009, 01:20:36 PM »
I can't drive but I don't have rats. I would be willing to take other's rats into my home, will that work? If so, I'll fill out the form. :]
Abbi Conley
Lucy, Mady, and Vinnie. <3

RIP Louie, Eddie, Elliot, Stevie, Andante, Loki, Chessie, Igby, Ziggy, Sidney, Riley, Sammy, Blair, and Avery.
Chester and Sammy, I will never forget you. (:

Offline RugRat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2009, 03:54:29 PM »
Any sitters in Raleigh NC??

And thanks very much for this thread, very helpful  :thumbsup2:

Offline The Futile

• 3OH!3, Owl City, Hush Sound, Lit, Limp Bizkit <3
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2009, 05:08:09 PM »
Tallahassee, Florida (USA)

1. What your schedule is like and when you are available

On weekdays, I can come by in the evenings. On weekends, I can come by in the mornings or evenings

2. How far you are willing to drive to provide care and how often you can make the drive

Anywhere in town

3. How much time can you commit per day? Can you spend enough time to allow for free-ranging?

I can commit 1-3 hours

4. What is your experience with rat medical care? Would you be comfortable caring for a rat that has special needs?

I have given meds to rats before

5. In addition to rats, what other animals do you have experience in caring for?

Almost every small animal and reptile, cats, and dogs.

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2009, 03:22:49 PM »
Kennesaw, Georgia (USA)

~ I don't work outside my home, so I can take care of rats in their home anytime, provided traffic co-operates.  Sitting would have to be done at the rats home though, as I have my own rat-kids to take care of.  If it is over a weekend, my husband can assist me.  :D

2. How far you are willing to drive to provide care and how often you can make the drive
   ~ I can go to anywhere in Kennesaw, Marietta, Acworth, Canton or Woodstock (Georgia).  Anything farther than those places is not good for me.

3. How much time can you commit per day? Can you spend enough time to allow for free-ranging?
   ~ I can spend a good part of at least 2 hours each day, and can also allow time for free-ranging. 

4. What is your experience with rat medical care? Would you be comfortable caring for a rat that has special needs?
   ~ Yes, I would be willing to give meds to rats.  If the 'parents' leave me a vet name and number, and the vet is willing to charge the 'parents' when they get home, I can take to the vet, also.

5. In addition to rats, what other animals do you have experience in caring for?
   ~ I have a dog and tropical fish.  I've also had birds, cats, hamsters, mice, and lizards, so I can help with them also.  No spiders!  I would prefer not to help with snakes, since I know nothing about them.  And the dogs and cats need to be friendly to strangers.

We will be having our grand-daughter visiting us for the Summer, but it won't be a problem.  And the 'parents' vacation would have to be deconflicted with mine.

Anita

Offline diggy415

« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2009, 09:43:27 PM »
Lassen County

1. What your schedule is like and when you are available? Anytime after 2pm weekends and holidays too. 
2. How far you are willing to drive to provide care and how often you can make the drive30 miles
3. How much time can you commit per day? Can you spend enough time to allow for free-ranging? several hours
4. What is your experience with rat medical care? Would you be comfortable caring for a rat that has special needs? i am familiar with doeses, and have raised rats, mice hamsters for years. Can do special needs too :)
5. In addition to rats, what other animals do you have experience in caring for? reptiles, fish, dog, cats, tarantulas, goats, rabbits,

Offline JOOOWEE

« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2009, 11:15:56 AM »

Please make sure to post:

I am home Mon-Thursday all day and work Fri-Sun.

Prefer care in my home but would go to peoples houses if within 15 minute drive a couple a times a day.

All our pets get at least an hour out playing with us a day

Fairly new to rats but have a fabulous vet nearby.

Hedgehogs, any and all rodents, cats, dogs

Julie Pierce
Massachusetts
Ratty babies: Nora, Blaze, Hanna, Bella, Marathon, Chloe, Misty and Kojak

Offline RescueRatLover

Pottsville, PA, US
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2009, 11:07:37 PM »
1. I can do mornings, nights, and can spend the night if needed.  I pet sit now, for many people, and will spend nights, especially for dogs.
2. I can do all of Schuylkill County, and even into the Reading area.
3. It all depends on how much time you need me to be there, I am open to anything. I could handle free ranging.
4. I am very experienced with medical care, I have no problems dealing with medications, I work at a no kill animal shelter, and can do injections, fluids, medications, and just about everything.
5. Dogs, Cats, All small animals, even barn yard.  Just about everything!  I pet sit for multiple people, my shelter manager, a dog kennel in the area, I watch her kennel, and their own 7 dogs, birds, rabbits, and cats.   I'm just to a menagerie!
   Mom to 10 rats, 8 Dogs, 3 Guinea Pigs, 2 Hamsters, and 1 Mouse, All Rescued!

Offline ChelleAngel

• Ritten
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2009, 09:33:43 AM »
Richmond, Va I have four cats, one leopard gecko, one red corn snake and two hooded rat baby girls. I have a vet that travels to my home if I need to have access to that. You can bring your babies here and I can devote much attention to them. I play with my girls all day long and my cats check them out too. Not at all in the "I want to eat you" kind of way though.  ;D I love spending time with my girls. They are super sweet and loving. All the baby kisses and love is great!

Chelley

Offline jackie71

• blessed be
Woodstock, ON Canada
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2009, 11:01:15 AM »
1. What your schedule is like and when you are available...It depends but most of the time unless I am on vacay too
2. How far you are willing to drive to provide care and how often you can make the drive...probably no more than 30 minutes
3. How much time can you commit per day? Can you spend enough time to allow for free-ranging? I can do an hour
4. What is your experience with rat medical care? Would you be comfortable caring for a rat that has special needs?yes ... and I have my own vet emergency on call
5. In addition to rats, what other animals do you have experience in caring for? dogs, cats, horses, hamsters, fish, um...raccoons, robins, chickens, geese...LOL...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 11:05:35 AM by jackie71 »

Offline GriffinsEyrieRattery

« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2009, 10:47:27 AM »
SEVERNA PARK, MD

1. What your schedule is like and when you are available? I am in college full-time but can rat-sit during the summer months and in January

2. How far you are willing to drive to provide care and how often you can make the drive? I would be willing to drive a half an hour or so to pet sit, certainly once a day. Twice a day if closer.

3. How much time can you commit per day? Can you spend enough time to allow for free-ranging? I can commit to 2 or so hours a day in care. I've had free-ranging rats before, but not recently and would probably need a list of tasks for that :BlueDumboSmile:

4. What is your experience with rat medical care? Would you be comfortable caring for a rat that has special needs? I have dealt with twice-daily medication, rats with tumors (back in the day when I didn't have the money to pay for surgery), and very old rats who could hardly move their hind legs and had to have their peens cleaned out daily from dried urine. I've also had pregnant rats and babies. I've lanced boils, trimmed claws, disinfected wounds, dealt with bumbles... yeah, I'd say I'm pretty experienced with them rat problems. I would be comfortable caring for a special-needs rat.

5. In addition to rats, what other animals do you have experience in caring for? I've cared for dogs, cats, cockatiels, a ferret, dwarf hamsters, a guinea pig (but that was a loooong time ago), an injured wild vole, baby birds, horses, snakes, lizards, a tarantula, fish, and locusts. I'm pretty much up for anything :BlueDumboSmileTongue:

Offline Princess_J

• Ritten
Toronto, ON, CANADA
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2009, 01:49:57 PM »
Post your information here if you are willing to be contacted about sitting for members' rats while they are traveling or on vacation.

Use the subject heading to advertise your location--city, state, and country

Please make sure to post:
1. I'm a freelancer and hubby is in school, so whenever
2. Would prefer if you bring the rats to us. We have 2 females, caged
3. Depending on the day, all day, at least 2-3 hours
4. Absolutley comfortable with special needs rats, we'd had 14 rats in our life, including a runt, and adopted an old -age rat
5. Cats, dogs, etc

Please do not reply to posts in this thread--use a personal message to contact someone and work out details.

Offline Heatherr

• Ritten
    • Suicide Exchange (blog)
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2010, 03:23:13 PM »
Baltimore, MD area

I'm available almost any time. I'm a college student and have classes a couple days a week, but PM me with what days/times you need a sitter and I'm positive we can work something out.
I can cover the eastern half of Baltimore county and parts of Anne Arundel. Pretty much anywhere within half an hour's drive.
Depending on whether or not I have class, I can spend anywhere from one to three hours.
I have given medicine to rats and clipped overgrown teeth. If your rat has special needs, it's not a problem for me.  :)
Cats, dogs, hamsters, geckos, hedgies, guinea pigs, and a tad bit of snake experience. If you have it, I'm pretty sure I can sit for it.  8)

Feel free to PM or e-mail me with questions, concerns, etc.  :)

Hairless rat fanatic: because bald is beautiful.

Offline Angelwoutwings

« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2010, 02:16:57 AM »
PHOENIX, AZ (Near I-17 between Cactus and Peoria)

I am always looking to pet sit :) Ratties and other animals.

I am a college student and work part time and my schedule changes with the semester. I can usually find time though.

I am not willing to drive all that far, since I work and go to school on this side of town (ASU West), but probably within 10 miles or so.

As far as time, probably as much as needed, considering I'd probably just have the ratties help me with some homework :)

I am a newbie rat owner, but I pick up on things quite quickly and am always willing to learn.

I've cared for dogs, cats, hamsters (as a child), turtles. I won't do snakes unless it doesn't require live feedings. I love them, just not comfortable with feeding them.

If you have ANY questions, please feel free to e-mail me. I would be more than happy to help :)

-Ashley (Angelwoutwings89@aol.com)

Offline Sarabear14

• Ritten
« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2010, 12:05:20 PM »
Please if anyone can help i need a rat sitter in July i have 7 girls all in good health i have a cage and i am willing to travel i live in Matteson but my girls are with my bf in Batavia IL we will be gone for 4 days please if someone can give a little time to help it would apperciated i don't have much money but i am willing to compensate for the person who can care for my girls :) you an email me at sarabear14@aol.com

thanks alot 

Offline Wildfyre

« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2010, 08:31:04 PM »
I'm in Washington State :-)

1. I work from home so my schedule is open and very flexible.
2. I can easily drive as far as Centralia, Olympia, Rochester, etc. Tacoma maybe.
3. I could commit several hours a day if needed
4. I have experience with Myco and related respiratory issues. Limited experiences in other areas.. but willing to learn.
5. Dogs, cats, horses, goats, sheep, pigs, poultry, reptiles, amphibians, birds, other rodents, insects, arachnids, etc. I have pet sit most everything and some point in my life lol
:lurk:

Offline SwannRats

« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2010, 11:48:11 PM »
I am able to rat sit pretty much every weekday from approximately 9 a m ish two about 2:30 pmish if you are in the La Crosse, WI area. I also have experience with beardies, cats/kittens. and dogs/puppies ( pretty much all breeds, including doberman's, german sheps all the way down to yorkshires). I live in Whitehall, WI, and am willing to help anyone between here and La Crosse, towns include.. Blair, Beach Corners, Ettrick, Galesville, Holmen and La Crosse/Onalaska. Also, willing to go as far south as Viola/Readstown, Coon Valley, Westby and Viroqua, WI.   I have to be in La Crosse by 9 am then I am free until needing to return to La Crosse by 2:45 pm. I can also do anytime everyother weekend. post here or e mail me at sweetswann@msn.com  I have no problem with special needs animals. I have rehabilitated many.

Offline goddesskris

• me and sookie
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2010, 08:53:50 PM »
i can rat sit or board in my home. i live in lansdale, north wales area in PA. i work 3ed shift at a animal hotel. i have 6 of my own babys and if you would need me to watch them for a extended time i could. im kinda new to the rat thing but i have had alot of animals. and i have a vet in the area for them. i do have to warn i have a jack russell that loves to play with my boys. she doesnt harm them or act like she will. so i think she would be ok.
(R.I.P) Sookie, 12, Mazda and Dallas

Offline Gypsyrags

• The road to my heart is paved with paws...
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2010, 08:02:53 AM »
minneapolis mn hennipenn county i would be happy to sit for someone the more the merrier :BlueDumboSmileTongue: :party:
In rescuing animals I've lost my mind, but found my soul.

Offline RattiesSix

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2010, 04:03:00 PM »

I am home most of the time. When not home, I am only gone during the day and am home in the evening. I am available any time. If not, I will let you know and work with you to find an appropriate time.

At this time, my immediate area would be best. I'm in Englewood, Ohio. I can travel nearby to Vandalia, Huber, some parts of Dayton. If the rats are QT'ed beforehand, they can be brought to me (Permitting both parties have had no new incomers in the last 3-4 weeks, and nobody has been ill on either side. Cages will need to be provided.

An appropriate length of time to give the rats food, water, and proper free range time at least once per day.

Extensive experience. I would be comfortable doing anything from basic oral medication to subq fluids. Have experience with URIs, abscesses, some chronic conditions. I've never used a nebulizer, but if it's needed, just show me how.

Dogs, cats, hamsters, mice, ferrets, fish, most livestock(basic care), as well as some exotics.

Offline RayN

• Unconditional Love is the Best Love
« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2010, 02:09:32 AM »
Currently in southwest Oklahoma, right on the Texas border. Military family though, so you'll have to contact me fro an updated location.

-I'm a house wife with no kids, so I have all the time in the world However Hubby is military and his work schedule tends to change, and I shift to match. IE, Currently we are on second shift, so I'm up at 1pm and go to bed at 6am

-I can drive up to an hour daily, but I'd be willing to make a longer drive every other day.

-It would need to be discussed, but I'm very willing to try my best to give free range time.

-Very little so far as for medical. And if told what to do I'm sure I could care for a special needs pet.

-Well, pretty much name it and I've raised it. All farm animals, rabbits, chinchillas, large birds, wild birds, squirrels, raccoons, dogs of every shape and size, cats, hedgehogs, guinea pigs, mice, ferrets... My family was full of animal lovers.

I currently have, love and provide for 3 rats, 2 dogs, and 1 Airman
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 02:24:15 AM by RayN »

Order Mary Kay from my Mom!

Offline MMak

• Horse & Rat Enthusiast
    • The Critter Cove
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2010, 12:21:42 AM »
Nanaimo, BC

1. Fairly open and flexible schedule.
2. Only able to take care of rats in town, unless on a bus route.
3. Able to provide as much time as you feel is necessary. Free-ranging is not a problem!
4. Have used a few hollistic methods with my boys (when it comes to the sniffles or general immune-boosting). Experience dealing with mites.
I am open to considering taking care of a rat with special needs, however it would depend on the condition. I would never take your rat under my care if I felt
I wasn't capable of dealing with an issue.
5. I also have experience with cats, dogs, hamsters, tropical fish & horses.

Offline ravensflight

« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2010, 10:50:41 AM »
I am in northeast New Jersey (USA) Montclair/Bloomfield area

1. During the week I can do mornings and nights....weekends any time is ok.
2. I can drive within Essex county upto a half hour to 40 min.
3. Mornings would be a quicker visit but evenings and weekends I can spend what I need to spend. Free-ranging time would be at night and weekends.
4. I have no medical experience with rats. I would be open to caring for a special needs rat(s).
5. I have experience with cats, dogs, hamsters, mice, guinea pigs, fish (freshwater no experience with saltwater).

Offline vivianelizabeth

• omnomnom
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2010, 11:31:28 AM »
Can we have a 'Canadian Rat Sitter' directory too in a separate thread? It's confusing to shift through all these posts.

Offline jcarter3721

Re: Rat-Sitter Directory -- Please help if you can! Cincinnati-OH
« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2011, 01:13:52 PM »
1. My schedule is very flexible.
2. I am willing to travel 25 miles.
3. I can commit 2 hours a day to letting them free range
4. I do not have experience caring for rats with special needs, but if given directions I am sure I would do great.  I also have a great rattie vet if I had an emergency
5. In addition to rats I could care for:cats, dogs, ferrets, fish, degus

Offline MMak

• Horse & Rat Enthusiast
    • The Critter Cove
« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2011, 05:45:10 PM »
Nanaimo, BC

1. Fairly open and flexible schedule.
2. Only able to take care of rats in town, unless on a bus route.
3. Able to provide as much time as you feel is necessary. Free-ranging is not a problem!
4. Have used a few hollistic methods with my boys (when it comes to the sniffles or general immune-boosting). Experience dealing with mites, URI's, arthritis & HED.
I am open to considering taking care of a rat with special needs, however it would depend on the condition. I would never take your rat under my care if I felt
I wasn't capable of dealing with an issue.
5. I also have experience with cats, dogs, hamsters, tropical fish & horses!