Author Topic: Rat-Sitter Directory -- Please help if you can!  (Read 80588 times)

Offline packratties

• The Pack Rat
Re: Rat-Sitter Directory -- Rochester Hills, MI, USA
« Reply #125 on: June 29, 2014, 08:46:57 PM »
Samantha W. - Rochester Hills, MI, USA.

1. What your schedule is like and when you are available

My schedule is pretty flexible, so it shouldn't be hard to figure out a schedule!

2. How far you are willing to drive to provide care and how often you can make the drive

I can drive about 20/30 minutes out from my central location.

3. How much time can you commit per day? Can you spend enough time to allow for free-ranging?

I can spend at least a couple hours with your little fuzzbutts to give them proper free-range time.

4. What is your experience with rat medical care? Would you be comfortable caring for a rat that has special needs?

I've had my fair share of ill ratties over the years and my fair share of giving meds. I could totally care for a special needs rat.

5. In addition to rats, what other animals do you have experience in caring for?

Besides rats, I have experience with most other small animals as well as dogs, cats and a few reptiles and birds.

Offline ratsareausomepets

Re: Rat-Sitter Directory -- Please help if you can!
« Reply #126 on: August 11, 2014, 09:16:38 PM »
Brooklyn, New York

1. What your schedule is like and when you are available?
Flexible, unless something comes up.
2. How far you are willing to drive to provide care and how often you can make the drive?
I cant drive but I can bike/subway/bus/walk if needed.
3. How much time can you commit per day? Can you spend enough time to allow for free-ranging?
Yeah I can give them about 45 minutes to an hour free range time.
4. What is your experience with rat medical care? Would you be comfortable caring for a rat that has special needs?
I have experiance with sick ratties before, plus I have read the rat health care booklet.
5. In addition to rats, what other animals do you have experience in caring for?
Dogs and cats.

Offline TheFirstTimer

« Reply #127 on: November 22, 2014, 03:55:12 PM »
East Lansing, Mi.
1. Reasonably flexible, best in afternoons/evenings.
2. I have a car I can use, usually.
3. An hour-hour and a half, so probably enough time for a free-range.
4. Very minimal, but I have read the booklet and have done work as a CNA.
5. Dogs, cats.

Offline MarilynPearl

• Ritten
Florence, South Carolina - USA
« Reply #128 on: December 02, 2014, 08:15:29 PM »
1. I work nights, so I typically am out of the house between 6PM and 2AM EST, but any other time, I'm pretty much free.
2. Provided I am compensated for gas (about $5 ever 30 miles), I'm willing to travel up to an hour in any direction to care for ratties.
3. I spend at least an hour handling each of my rats, and they're trained well enough to free range pretty much any time I'm home, they even sleep with me at night (yes, they have access to their cage)
4. I have very little experience with rat medical care, I'm blessed that mine have been perfectly healthy so far.
5. Though I don't have any other pets but my rats at the moment, I've owned 3 dogs, 7 cats, 3 snakes, countless fish and a dwarf hamster in the past, so I can care for pretty much any other pet as well.

Offline Freakforreal

« Reply #129 on: October 15, 2015, 06:49:29 PM »
Hi all,
I'm in Union Grove, NC. (I have a Care account if that helps anyone https://www.care.com/p/faithb1020/pc)

1. I'm available pretty much whenever. I am kind of bound by my rides though as I am unable to drive myself.
2. See above. Normally 30-40 miles for multiple visits. If it's just once then we could go an hour out.
3. I personally have no schedule so I could probably commit to at least a few hours.
4. I have some minor experience with giving topical and oral medication to rats, I'm willing to learn more though.
5. In addition to rats, I have experience with cats, dogs, fish, and some lizards.
You can't take the sky from me

Offline flatsound

• Foxtrot Rattery in the making <3
    • Tumblr Rat Blog
Gresham, OR, USA
« Reply #130 on: November 04, 2015, 12:11:54 AM »
1. I'm a student, but I do all my schooling online so I am very portable
2. As long as you're within distance of trimet I'll find a way to get to you, OR you can leave your ratties and supplies with me, though I do have other pets :)
3. I can commit as long or little as you prefer
4. I know how to give rats medicine and preform cpr/heimlich, i know how to stop healing, etc
5. Reptiles, fish, dogs, cats, hamsters, and guinea pigs
Ratties: Jude, Scout, Charlie, Timmy, Henley, Templeton, Kingsley, Sebastian, Onion, Olive, Opal, Apple, Marina
Dogs: Ebony, Sweetie, Peanut
Kitties: Oliver, Tiger Lilly
~Angels: Lillith, Mocha,Ghost, Romeo,Pandora, Peaches