Author Topic: Post pics of your ferret homes!  (Read 57661 times)

Offline bubbleslovesfuzzies

Post pics of your ferret homes!
« on: March 06, 2006, 12:36:52 AM »
There is a thread like this in the rat forum and I thought there should be one here!

This is my 4 story ferret home that I bought from the lady who runs the ferret rescue here in our community (F.A.C.T.- Ferret Awareness Club of the Tri-cities TN). She gave me a really good deal on it since 3 of the 4 babies came from her organization. She also let me pay off the debt by coloring and cutting her hair (she's a great lady).

^^This is their humble abode!

^^This is the first floor. Litter box, water bottle/bowl, food bowl, and big blanket for sleeping (they usually just wipe their behinds on it).

^^This is the second and third floors. Another litter box, fleece sweatshirt, t-shirt and blanket covering the ramp.
Third floor has a piece of towel covering the floor with large food crock and water bottle/bowl. Also hammock hanging from the bottom of the 4th floor.

^^ This is the third and fourth floors. The ramp from the 3rd to the 4th is covered with a piece of fleece. The fourth floor has an old lady jacket/sweater thing and a large SuperPet hammock with t-shirts inside.

The bottom 2 floors have linoleum (sp) and I have an old placemat covering the cage door so their little feetsies dont fall through.

I am going to post pics of all my babies in the tails and mugs forum.

Don't forget to post pics of your baby's palaces!!!

Jenny
Adopt a rescue and save a life!

All we need is love...

So here's my freaky-deaky's:

Offline donna4909

Re: Post pics of your ferret homes!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 01:26:19 AM »
Sorry, no ferret pics here. But your little white guy is just too cute!

BTW, it's nice to see someone nearby. I live near Greenevillle.

Offline bubbleslovesfuzzies

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 02:14:51 AM »
Her name is Psycho and she was born in October around the 25th (not sure of exact date). She is a deaf black eyed white with a silver stripe and tail. Her eyes look red in the pics but they are black in person. She is a fatty ferret with tons of turbo! We can't stop laughing at her... shes a mess!

I love talking to people in the area! Feel free to message me if you like.

Psycho says thanx for the compliment!

Jenny

edit to say: She was taking a poop in that one pic! hehehe
Adopt a rescue and save a life!

All we need is love...

So here's my freaky-deaky's:

Offline loveanimals

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 10:12:36 AM »

This Picture was taken a long time ago...but the only one I have!!

I also adopted from the FACT**

Offline JohariZ

• Posts Too Much!
  • Cave canem
    • Everything Ferret
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 12:55:58 AM »

whole cage

upper cage

lower cage

it looks much better now though, I got more bedding and stuff.

Offline Lise

• Posts Too Much!
  • Animal Crazed
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 07:15:01 PM »
Because I am curious -- do ferrets chew at all?

EG: My Ferret Nation plastic pans are pretty chewed and mangled in some spots from the rats... do ferrets do that as well?  Or completely leave the plastic alone.
|| Lise ||

The Boy: Simon  The Girls: Arizona | Karma | Pepper | Penelope 

& Always Remembered: Molly, Nora, Tevy, Lucy, Guinness, Seagram, Pixie, Cleopatra, Skye, Bella, Juno, Sasha, Gibson

Offline Poppyseed

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 08:20:30 PM »
My ferrets don't chew on things at all. Some ferrets do chew on things but I haven't heard of them chewing on pans in their cage. Mostly the scratch from time to time trying to dig out. But I haven't seen them do that in ages (since I've gotten better at longer daily out times) SO if your ferret gets the out time they need every day they will probably only sleep in their cage (: That's all mine do in theirs.

But my experience with ferrets is they aren't big at chewing on things especially not at parts of their cage. They do like to find things to hide though (: And I did have a play football tore up before which they thoroughly enjoyed doing.

Every ferret is so different it's hard to say no that ferret won't chew on the cage. But I think for the most part ferrets as a whole will not chew on ferret nation pans because I haven't seen anyone complain about it. And I've seen a billion complaints on rats chewing on those.

Offline rat_hammie_lover05

• Posts Too Much!
    • Megan's Critter Page
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 08:40:32 PM »
All of my ferrets chew on things, mostly rubber things, they have never chewed on their pan though. Here is mine I can't wait until I can get the third level. :)

Offline rattietayls

• Posts Too Much!
  • "And so the lion and the lamb fell in love,"
    • my website
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 04:03:52 PM »
My sister's ferrets don't really chew, they nibble on things to see how they feel, but otherwise they don't chew.

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 05:52:20 AM »
Wow! Ferrets are soooooo CUTE!
I want one, but if I had one I'd be breaking the law :(
I was surprised to find that they had little dog-like teeth, not rat teeth, and their feet and tail and everything :P I'm so used to rats! Ferrets shouldn't need to chew as much, they don't have rat teeth that need wearing down. It's interesting, they're closer to weasels and wolverines than rodentia. Are they classified as rodents, or what? There I go again! Too much science homework for me...
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline FemaleCheetah

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 12:24:43 PM »
Pennytherat - No ferrets are not rodents. They are more like cats in the sense that the are carnivores. Ferrets are part of the weasel family. They are not rodents because they do not have teeth that continuously grow... so many people often mistake ferrets as rodents but they are no where near it.

Offline Ilovewinston

• I love my zoo
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 12:36:11 AM »
this is my FN

older photo of it(newspaper on bottom since hes not completely litter trained. BUT he ONLY uses the bottom part. gah lol

photo taken today but i just made adjustements

the sweater didnt stay on. i had tried it on(im sewing it up) to see if it fit properly. hes not liking it lol.

this is how my ramps are made. dollar store socks that are all soft and nice and pretty. 1$ per ramp. put one sock on the bottom. the other sock on the top and the hooks slide out of the socks.

Offline Moonbeam

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 07:42:00 PM »
Hello

I thought I would post the pics of my new ferret home. I have 3 ferrets and love them. I mostly let them free roam but not when I am at work out of fear something might happen. Lately I have had allot of extra hours and have felt horrible each time I had to put them in the cage. So I got an idea to have a cage built that is large enough that I don't feel so badly. I had a stage like area in my basement and it was not used for anything. I looked up a bunch of info and then asked my Dad if he thought he could do it. It cost me around $280 for the cage, and another 50 for flooring and carpet. It is 12ft length, 8 ft width, & 4.5 ft height. So now they have a secondary play place. I have been buying odds and ends at different stores and on ebay as well as making homemade items to keep it new and interesting for them. Once a week I totally change everything out and they love it.

Here are some pictures before it was finshed, I have not uploaded the newest yet. There is only carpet in these, I had the floor sealed and had flooring laid down. It's so much easier to clean. I am in the process of doing the rest of the basement so that they have the whole area. I thought I would post in case anyone else needed a visual as I had a very hard time finding pictures. I am also having an outdoor yard built this spring so I can bring them outside with me more.I have been buying the supplies here and there.I'll try to get the new pictures up soon. I have a smaller cage that is not in the picture, I keep that inside the big one because they like to sleep there. It works out great, and the temp stays perfect for them. I won't have to worry about heat in the summer because it stays level. My basement is heated so cold is not problem if needed. I really only used the basement to work out and I still have the room for that so it works well.

Offline ratlover08

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 11:50:30 AM »
I have a CN for my ferret xP

Offline PixieSeer

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2009, 12:35:04 AM »
Moonbeam, I'm sure your ferrets ADORE you! Those lucky ferrets! I'm jealous! *must not let my ferrets see... they'd leave me!*  ;D
Mom to:
   1 rattie: Twilight
   1 G-pig: Zorro
   3 dogs: Pepper, Player, and Jasper

R.I.P: Jas(Jasmine) and Lily. We miss you. <3

Offline Lauren_22

• Posts Too Much!
  • "A house is not a home without a pet."
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 11:24:21 AM »
I've never shared my two fert's cage before! Deuce and Jensen live in a FN 142.

Bottom

And a sleeepy Jensen after all the playtime!  ;D

-Lauren

Offline Moonbeam

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 12:09:42 AM »
Moonbeam, I'm sure your ferrets ADORE you! Those lucky ferrets! I'm jealous! *must not let my ferrets see... they'd leave me!*  ;D

Oh so much happened since that picture! My job transfered me so no more big cage. It was either transfer or no work so I took it. I am in a rented place now so no basement but I like the ferret nation I got them, it is a very good cage. They get free roam when I am home so it works out okay. That was a fun project though, the new owner of the house liked it, but he has a pitbull and the dog chewed right through it so I heard.

Offline htsr4

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2010, 07:48:41 PM »
The weasels cage.

The weasels
Rikku

Rena

Risa

Offline shooper

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 10:59:40 AM »
Love Rena's WHITE coat!  All the cages are awesome!
Mom to 3 dogs (Trouble, Josie and Trooper), 2 chinchillas (Charlie and Inca), 1 sugar glider (Clyde)
and 9 ratties (5 girls and 4 boys)

Offline ZeppelinLadyLove

• Zepps Thread Work Hammies
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 07:44:39 PM »
My ferrets cage is only temporary until wednesday when the FN gets here! :yelcutelaugh:

But thought i'd post  a pic anyway. I actually will use this cage for my rats once the ferrets move into the fn.

Im new to owning ferrets so im still experimenting with what toys they like hammocks etc.

http://zeppsthreadworkhammies.webs.com/

Owned by 9 rats, 2 dogs, and 2 ferrets<3

Offline K1Baker

• I <3 my Ferret
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2011, 05:13:07 PM »
Halloween cage

Offline shooper

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2011, 11:00:32 PM »

Mom to 3 dogs (Trouble, Josie and Trooper), 2 chinchillas (Charlie and Inca), 1 sugar glider (Clyde)
and 9 ratties (5 girls and 4 boys)

Offline K1Baker

• I <3 my Ferret
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2011, 01:46:14 PM »
Aww the tiger fabric is super cute

Offline ZeppelinLadyLove

• Zepps Thread Work Hammies
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2011, 07:04:23 PM »
I switched to a pen type thing. It needs a lot of work and more toys but they love it so far:]

I  want to build a cat tree type thing for them that can hang hammocks from, to replace the temp cage i have in there ::)

http://zeppsthreadworkhammies.webs.com/

Owned by 9 rats, 2 dogs, and 2 ferrets<3

Offline Suzanne81

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2011, 03:15:31 PM »
Here are some of my setups