Author Topic: where do your cat sleep?  (Read 3163 times)

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
where do your cat sleep?
« on: March 23, 2006, 09:22:35 PM »
I layed down to go to sleep last night and had Shadow on my knees, Crookshanks on my upper legs, Sadie on my chest/belly and Elli laying next to me... What I get for being the one who doesn't move so much in my sleep!

Offline osutigeress

• Posts Too Much!
Re: where do your cat sleep?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 09:30:12 PM »
when I actually go to bed, Safety Cat sleeps on my pillow with his cheek pressed against mine...during the day, he normally sleeps on my almost brand new Lazy Boy Recliner

"I feel as if i am looking at the world from the bottom of a well..."

"I am beautifully broken and I don't care if I show it"

Offline rapforjane

• Posts Too Much!
  • Ich kam, ich sah, ich siegte
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 09:50:36 PM »
Angel sleeps where ever I want to be. She's a pain, lol.

She really sleeps right next to me, most of the time, other times she's in between my knees. Marle tries to sleep on my   side of the bed, will not share it with me, so she usually ends up in the compy chair.

Offline FrizzleLover

• Posts Too Much!
  • Kissing ratties NEVER get's old!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 10:03:45 PM »
The bed, the other bed, and the other bed, and the bed on top of that bed, and the floor, and my lap, and..
Play hard at the bridge Frizzle and Skittle.

Offline mandycoot

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 11:31:47 PM »
Everywhere! Buster and Bones own the house and they know it. They love my bed the most though--I leave my electric blanket on all day for them :) I don't consider it a waste of energy if one of them is always using it!

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 01:01:03 AM »
Wherever they feel like!  Ha! 

Some mornings I wake up with 26 lbs of cat laying on the blanket between my legs, keeping me from moving.

Offline NutKitty

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 01:39:45 PM »
It depends...

<-- Sasami likes to sleep on the covers, between my legs, or in the crook if I'm on my side.  In the mornings she is ALWAYS on the kitchen counter on a little cat mat (that you can heat, haha) that is there.  She can be found on my computer chair very often too.

My bengal, Yuki, sleeps where Sasami does on the bed if she isn't there.  Otherwise he's on Dave's computer chair, or on the couch.

Kinomi (tortie) is always on Dave's lap, or under the largest cat tree on a cat bed we have there - or she somehow pulls her way inside the linen closet.  ^^;

Offline FrizzleLover

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 09:25:35 PM »
Why did you name your cat "Bones"?

Offline mandycoot

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2006, 02:04:30 AM »
Why did you name your cat "Bones"?
About twelve years ago, we went to the shelter to adopt a kitten to replace my poor cat who died from a reaction to his vaccinations at the vet. While we were there, my brother fell in love with a kitty too so we got both. I named mine Buster and Mike's was named Bonus, because the cat was a "bonus." Bonus is an admittedly lame name, so we usually call him Bones or Bony...or Boner when we slip up. ::)

Offline FrizzleLover

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2006, 12:47:08 PM »
I like that name! Maybe when I get my kitty (in a LONG time) I'll name him/her that...

Offline bluratz

• Posts Too Much!
  • Just remember what's important..
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 12:47:24 PM »
Marley sleeps out on the living room window ledge on his wooly cat bed (but comes in and bounces around on the bed in the morning when he's ready to go out), Juno sleeps in the cat/dog bed in our closet, and Maximus sleeps in between our pillows on our bed.  If anyone rolls over and wakes him up, he starts purring and bats your face as if to say, "it's okay you woke me up this time, just don't let it happen again..."
The rabbits: Snow, Daisy, Giggles
The cats: Juno, Maximus and Marley
The fish: eaten by Marley
The boy: Nolan
The fosters: Hot Wheels, Lego, Transformer

Offline NutKitty

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 01:33:18 PM »
When I woke up to the alarm this morning, I had two cats on me, over the covers.  One stretched out beside me, and one between my legs.

It was VERY fun trying to wedge myself out from under them to turn the darned alarm off!   :P

Offline RKEM

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 12:04:13 PM »
Usually stretched out on my bed somewhere but she moves during the night. Sometimes she will lick me or start chewing my hair or lie down on my chest. She also likes to sleep on the window ledge and leap from there directly onto my head about 20 seconds before the alarm goes off (how she manages that still eludes me) but lets just say that the "furry kamikaze" is a very effective way to wake me up.

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 09:12:18 PM »
"furry kamikaze"

Shadow divebombs dor at night if he will not pet him, jumps off the dresser and keeps doing it to him!

Offline andrea1970

• Posts Too Much!
    • My Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 05:39:46 PM »
Sadly, I have to lock my cats up in the laundry room at night because my one cat is just ridiculously disruptive at night.  If he'd just lay down somewhere, it'd be fine.  But he's totally obnoxious, pacing around on the bed and trying to get you to pet him, laying on my hair, etc.  THey have a litter box, food/water, and a big pillow bed to sleep on.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."  -- Thomas Jefferson
Andrea DeJarnett

Offline Elaken

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Rats are my obsession!
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 09:31:35 PM »
I have one cat, Sergi who just sleeps on the bed and doesnt' get disturbed by anything.  I can practically roll over him and he just stays there.  He does the same thing when he gets mowed down by dogs when he lays by the front door...a little bit of a weirdo.

My other cat Oogie can be so horrible.  She will get right by my face and tickle me with her whiskers.  If I roll over she will follow me to do it again, no matter how I shift she just seems to shift with me.  Thankfully she only sleeps with me occasionally.

I have a disruptive cat too Andrea1970.  Zephyr, early in the mornings, will decide it is time for me to get up and start playing with his stupid catnip mouse.  The only toy he will at all play with.  And he puts it on the bed and bats it around and when I toss it he just goes and plays fetch.  So usually I lock him out or put the catnip mouse up.  I like my sleep.
I was lucky enough to have been part of Willie's life and I am eternally grateful for the 2.5 years she gave me.