Author Topic: Monster cage! pic  (Read 1675 times)

Offline ~Stacey~

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
Monster cage! pic
« on: April 15, 2006, 01:29:53 PM »
I did intros today with the 6 girls (3 adults and 3 baby/teenagers) in the Martin and the 3 girls I got from Rusty Rat. I decided to make them a giant cage because my baby girls that were in the Martin's have out grown it (I know 6 was too many but they weren't near being full grown yet) I opened the flip top on the Martin's and put the Super Pet one on top. All I have to do is cut the 8 zip-ties and I can remove the top for cleaning. I'm going to replace the Super Pet one with the 695 I get from Mirabell.

The total size now is 75 x 30 x 18. I'm going to add hammocks to the top of the Martin's so if they fall out of the SuperPet it'll be a cushy landing.

Intro's went super-fan-tab-u-lous too!

(Please ignore the junk/trash. I'm always messy when it comes to rearranging and cleaning cages lol)

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
  • Pick the adoption option!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
Re: Monster cage! pic
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 01:37:47 PM »
Oh wow, look at that!  How creative of you!  And that's great to hear of introductions going well.  Hopefully when I introduce Ichabod and Widdershins it'll go as famously  ::)
  <~~ Add Chelsey's Cozies on Facebook!  :)

Offline ~Stacey~

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 01:42:09 PM »
;D All's it takes for smooth intros is a monster cage lol

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
  • Pick the adoption option!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 01:44:28 PM »
;D All's it takes for smooth intros is a monster cage lol

Hah!  I beg to differ!  Man, I wish that's all it took.  My big homemade cage can house 13 rats, per Cage Calculator, but the group of four that are in there are SO fussy about who can join their little clan.  I'd probably have tons more rats if they weren't so silly about other boys.
  <~~ Add Chelsey's Cozies on Facebook!  :)

Offline ~Stacey~

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 01:47:17 PM »
lol I tried  ;D I've been terribly lucky. Out of they 18, I haven't had any problems, maybe I have so many they don't notice the new ones  ;). With my luck, after I post this, they'll probably start fighting :confused:

Offline mandycoot

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 02:53:53 PM »
That is one fab cage! I can't believe how big that is. I just emailed Martin's about a custom F-477 which is 30x24x66. Eeek! Now I've got a real idea of how much space it'll take up :o Kind of exciting though!

Offline ~Stacey~

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006, 04:08:32 PM »
My girls just LOVE it! Plus they now have 2 spots for food and water bottles.

I put plastic canvas/mesh over 1/2 the opening of the Martins to give them a different "texture" to play on. I added it too just incase they fall, it can catch them. Put's me in mind of the net under a trapeze lol.