Author Topic: *Update 10/22/06 at bottom* Found Home!  (Read 16741 times)

Offline mishymoo37

• Posts Too Much!
*Update 10/22/06 at bottom* Found Home!
« on: May 06, 2006, 10:31:44 PM »
We are moving and cannot take our animals with us.  We'd much rather know they will be well taken care of and will be loved than put into a shelter, so we are asking adoption fees for these dogs (prices negotiable as long as you are an approved home).

Hansen: My sister is selling her purebred cocker spaniel, Hansen.  He is 11 months old, and has already been neutered and had surgery to correct cherry eye (please see links below to find out what that is).  To help cover a portion of the cost of his care and surgeries my sister would like to get $50 for him.  He must be an indoor only dog (he is potty-trained) and needs lots of attention as he is very energetic and loves to play fetch with his ball!  Before considering Hansen, please do research on cocker spaniels as they have breed specific care needs (such as ear cleaning, constant brushing of the fur, cleaning the eyes, etc.)

Here is a link to a plethora of useful resource links: http://dmoz.org/Recreation/Pets/Dogs/Breeds/Sporting-Gundog_Group/Cocker_Spaniel,_American/

Bailey:  Bailey is my dog and I am heartbroken to give him up.  He is a 9 month old unaltered Beagle mix with a lot of spirit.  He is very friendly and outgoing and loves to give kisses all over!  He is also partly potty-trained and loves to chew up all his toys and bones.  Before considering Bailey, please do some research on Beagles (even though he is a mix, the Beagle look and personality definitely comes out in him) as they are very active dogs that need lots of attention.  I am asking $45 for him to ensure he gets a good home.

Both of these dogs get along with kids and other dogs...but not cats.

Please contact me through email (as I do not visit this section of the forum very often): mishymoo37@hotmail.com if interested or have any questions, thanks!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 04:28:52 PM by mishymoo37 »
~To all my babies I had to let go...Momma will ALWAYS miss you guys; you all will forever be in my thoughts as you have left your little footprints on my heart.  I love you all so very much and miss you more than you will ever know.~

Offline mishymoo37

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Three puppies needing to be adopted, Southern CA
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 02:01:02 PM »
bump, now available and additional animals/info added as of 08/14/06.
~To all my babies I had to let go...Momma will ALWAYS miss you guys; you all will forever be in my thoughts as you have left your little footprints on my heart.  I love you all so very much and miss you more than you will ever know.~

Offline trubandloki

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Three puppies needing to be adopted, Southern CA
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 08:05:28 AM »
You do not mention, is your beagle mix neutered?

Offline moonsingingfreak

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Three older puppies needing to be adopted, Southern CA
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 10:25:10 PM »
He is a 9 month old unaltered Beagle mix
This is a week ago now.... I wonder how things are going?

Offline trubandloki

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Three older puppies needing to be adopted, Southern CA
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 10:53:31 AM »
He is a 9 month old unaltered Beagle mix

Thanks, she edited to add that....

Offline mishymoo37

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Two older puppies needing to be adopted, Southern CA
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 01:08:08 PM »
These pups are still available if anyone is interested.  Thanks. : 0)

Offline mishymoo37

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Two older puppies needing to be adopted, Southern CA
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 12:15:33 PM »
Original post edited to down the price of Hansen (the Cocker Spaniel) as we don't really care about the money, we just really REALLY need to find them homes ASAP and find them GOOD homes!

Offline mishymoo37

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Two older puppies
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 02:12:29 AM »
Update: They keep changing their minds on whether they want to keep Hansen and Brownie or not...so I'll just post for Bailey at this point...Bailey (my Beagle mix) NEEDS to find a home ASAP or my stupid bro-in-law (BIL) is taking him to the Humane Society where he will likely be PTS!  Here's the problem..we live in a modular house that sits up on stilts (I guess that's it?) and he keeps ripping open the side paneling on the house to get under the house and is a pretty strong dog and they're afraid that he'll knock over the stilts..not to mention get bit by a black widow or brown recluse or something...PLUS the side paneling will need replacing since we rent...grrr... we currently have to keep him chained up (and I am absolutely AGAINST keeping dogs chained up...but I don't have a choice according to BIL and sis) to keep him out of trouble cuz I've already been threatened by stupid BIL that Bailey's gone if he does one more thing wrong...is there ANYONE out there who'd be willing to adopt a sweet, playful, energetic pup who just needs someone with a lil patience, attention and TLC to give to him???
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 02:16:33 AM by mishymoo37 »

Offline trubandloki

• Posts Too Much!
Re: *Update* Beagle mix MUST find home ASAP or it's the HS for him! SoCA
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 06:33:03 AM »
Mishymoo37 why not get Bailey neutered, up to date on his shots, and take him to obedience classes?  All those things will make him far more adoptable.  I bet if he was fixed and crate trained and knew his obedience people would be wiling to adopt him in a minute.

Offline mishymoo37

• Posts Too Much!
Re: *Update* Beagle mix MUST find home ASAP or it's the HS for him! SoCA
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2006, 06:34:29 PM »
The problem is money...I've got way more bills than I do income coming in...I had planned to get Bailey neutered in April and have been trying to do so since..but something more important keeps jumping in front of me right after I call around to vets (e.g. car had to get several new parts, etc., had an emergency visit to the hospital, etc....)  So I'm still working on getting him fixed because I do prefer he be neutered so no one gets the chance to use him as a stud (I find the idea of breeding of any kind to be morally repugnant when there are so many homeless animals in the world)..plus I'm hoping neutering will calm him down some since he can be hyper at times (ok pretty much all the time : 0P).  As for obedience, he's actually already come a VERY loooong way.  He can be smart when he wants to be, but knows when I come out after he's done something he shouldn't that he did something bad and lays down on the ground, hiding his head...he just isn't smart enough to realize he shouldn't do it again! lol...grrr...I have been told on several occasions to take him to obedient training and I would love to if I had the $100 to at least get him started...like I said..it just boils down to the money issue...but I'm hoping to catch up on my bills and finish paying some of them off even in the next 4-6 months or so...  But anywho, thanks for the suggestions..I am still working on Bailey, daily...

PS: Bailey IS up-to-date on all his shots. : 0)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 06:36:51 PM by mishymoo37 »

Offline mishymoo37

• Posts Too Much!
***UPDATE 10/11/06***

Southern California (Lake Elsinore/Perris)

We're definitely moving within 3 weeks (Nov. 1st), but will still be renting our current home until Nov. 7.  We are under no circumstances allowed any pets of any kind at our new house..if all else fails I will have to surrender him to a local shelter (as an absolute LAST resort). His name is Bailey; he is a Beagle mix though I do not know what he is mixed with. He's very sweet, energetic and loves attention! He will need a large backyard to play in. He MUST have a new home by Nov. 7 or I will be forced to surrender him!  At the very least I ask, no BEG, someone to take him for about 5 months until we are financially ready to make the big move out to Oklahoma in the Spring of 2007.  Vet care, food, toys and anything else he may need will be taken care of by myself as long as I can find him a temporary place to stay until about April 2007. 

Please do not reply to this thread as it will likely not be responded to. Contact me through email for more info. or suggestions.

jenhead37@gmail.com

Offline mishymoo37

• Posts Too Much!
***UPDATE 10/22/06***

Bailey is getting neutered within the week and going to a local rescue here and Hansen and Brownie are being kept by my sister and her husband. : 0)

Offline trubandloki

• Posts Too Much!
***UPDATE 10/11/06***

We're definitely moving within 3 weeks (Nov. 1st), but will still be renting our current home until Nov. 7.  We are under no circumstances allowed any pets of any kind at our new house..

So glad he is getting neutered!!!!

You say your sister is keeping her dogs, but here you said you were not allowed any pets in the new home.  I hope it does not cause any problems with the landlord.  Good luck.

Offline mishymoo37

• Posts Too Much!
Re: *Update 10/22/06 at bottom* Found Home!
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 11:47:28 AM »
ok..bear with me..my brother-in-law's brother and sister-in-law are taking the dogs in for several months so that my sister and her husband can keep them.