Author Topic: Litter Comparable to Cell-Sorb?  (Read 1385 times)

Offline 1lila1

• Posts Too Much!
  • PEW's are love!
Litter Comparable to Cell-Sorb?
« on: June 15, 2006, 08:54:12 AM »
I've been using Cell-Sorb mostly.  I used yesterdays news for about a month but didn't like the smell it left after a few days.  Cell sorb is excellent at odor control but is so expensive.  Is there anything comparable?  Should I give YN another chance?  I just hate spending so much money on bedding but I will if I have to.  My rats get really sneezy at dust so I have to have something really dust free.  Any suggestions or should I just stick with the Cell-Sorb?
Mama to 5 rattie boyz, 1 kittie boy, and 1 doggie girl.

Offline lotsorats

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Litter Comparable to Cell-Sorb?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 11:29:06 PM »
I like gentle touch over everthing I have tried

Offline ArcticSilver84

• Rats are like potato chips...you can't have just 1
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 03:06:20 PM »
I have never tried cell-sorb however I do use pelleted rabbit food for bedding and its just like YN if not better and cheaper. It has a wonderful smell to it and absorbs awesomely. Super with odor control, and I was putting fleece in there for something soft for the ratties to lay on but now I bought a paper shredder and have been shredding my bills and important documents to be thrown away (no ones going to want to piece them together after the ratties have used them for a potty). But anyway, I absolutely swear by it now. Just a thought.

Offline 1lila1

• Posts Too Much!
  • PEW's are love!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 03:59:42 PM »
The rabbit pellets are not dusty?  They are alfalfa pellets, right?
Mama to 5 rattie boyz, 1 kittie boy, and 1 doggie girl.

Offline OldsGal

• Posts Too Much!
  • You Always Widdle On The One You Love
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 04:18:25 PM »
I too use rabbit pellets and no I do not find them to be dusty.  And yes I believe they are alfalfa based.  Don't worry about your rats ingesting them.  Mine tested them out when I first used them but once they realized they weren't very good they haven't touched them again.  Mine love to wrestle around in it and kick it around.  40lb bag at the farm store cost me $7.50.  Can't beat that with a stick.
Treat everyday like a dog would.  If you can't eat it or chew on it then pee on it and walk away!

Offline ArcticSilver84

• Rats are like potato chips...you can't have just 1
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 04:33:54 PM »
I dont find them to be dusty at all, and yes they are alfalfa based as Oldsgal mentioned, however my rats nibbled on them for the first few days and now don't want anything to do with them food wise.