Author Topic: Zip Ties?  (Read 1210 times)

Offline dragonmaster

Zip Ties?
« on: July 11, 2006, 01:25:45 PM »
I've noticed in a lot of these pictures that many people use zip ties to hold things to their cages.  I'm just wondering where you buy them from.  I'm not sure I'd know where to begin looking, but it sounds like such a good idea.

Offline kreestole

Re: Zip Ties?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 01:37:47 PM »
Anywhere from Walgreens (or another drugstore) to Walmart to Home Depot. You find them in the electrical/hardware depts. They are cheap, easily replaceable, and easy.
3 kids: Alice, Drake, and Dylan
1 cat: Lucy
3 Rats: Fiona, Poppy, and Violet

Offline lilspaz68

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 01:42:53 PM »
If you are going to get zip ties or cable ties (same thing) then make sure you get the smaller or medium sized ones.  The big ones are harder to clip off when you are finished putting something up with them.  The smaller ones are just as strong, less noticeable and easier to make a nice non-sharp edge when trimming them.

I got mine at Canadian Tire but Home Depot or somewhere like that would have them.  Probably any hardware store would but you might not have the selection you would get at a bigger store.

Offline dragonmaster

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 01:45:24 PM »
Ok, cool.  Thanks for the info.  I will have to check those places out the next time I am up that way.

Offline mishymoo37

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 05:13:43 PM »
they also have them at some .99 stores.  : 0)
~To all my babies I had to let go...Momma will ALWAYS miss you guys; you all will forever be in my thoughts as you have left your little footprints on my heart.  I love you all so very much and miss you more than you will ever know.~

Offline Dearpie

• Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • When you're too open minded, brains fall out!
    • Dearpie Hammocks
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 05:58:44 PM »
You'll need about 100, or more.  Once you start using them, you'll find many uses for them!  I'd recommend both small and medium, and having a couple larges on hand isn't a bad idea.  They work great for hanging a water bottle, when you lose the metal U shaped hanger.  ;)

Offline ~Stacey~

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 09:10:13 PM »
I get 500 for 7.00 at Lowe's (in the electrical department)