Author Topic: My Grotto Cage *Updated! New pics 10/8*  (Read 3445 times)

Offline ~Lin

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
Re: My cage is done!! Grotto style *pictures*
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2006, 08:34:21 PM »
The "log" is the brown thing in the last picture. Its supposed to be a bird toy I guess, thats where I found it at petsmart. Its shaped like a log, even with a knob like a branch was sawed off. Its got an opening and is hollow inside, and all plushy. It comes with clips to hang it :)

Offline ~Lin

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2006, 01:49:15 AM »
For those of you building a grotto, I wanted to say what I used for the back panel. In the dapper rat plans, I think they used paneling and painted it to be waterproof or something. I was going to use paneling and apply linoleum tiles, but then when I asked the guy at home depot to show me the paneling, I saw this stuff... Its like white eraserboard on the front. The back is not waterproof, but the eraserboard is PERFECT. And all the joints are sealed anyhow, so who cares about the back?!

Offline ~Lin

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2006, 06:50:16 AM »
I just finished alterations on the cage :) Ive got fleece bedding instead of towels (ran into a LOT of problems with the towels...) and Ive got my Dearpie hammocks up and some more toys than before. Pretty nice digs for 3 girls huh?  :cheeky: I think I'll go add my stuff to the cage decorating sticky now!

Top levels

Bottom levels

« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 06:52:39 AM by ~Lin »

Offline gem_max

• Posts Too Much!
  • picaRAT!
    • g3mo.com
Re: My Grotto Cage *Updated! New pics 10/8*
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2006, 09:51:00 AM »
Very nice. Must be a breeze to clean and arrange stuff in with those doors. My only recommendation is to add a paper bag (if you can stand the noise :P) and some rocks/bricks, but other than that it must fit in with your house nicely.

My Pokemons attack with shirt tug, power groom and pee dribble.

Offline DazzleMe

• Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Show Up For Life
    • Dazzle Me Rattery
Re: My Grotto Cage *Updated! New pics 10/8*
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2006, 05:53:28 AM »
Now it looks super snazzy. You'll be able to change the fabric for the holidays and everything! :)

-Melina
-Melina & Crew