Author Topic: *Need Homes Fast* Two Lab Boys - PEW - WI/IL  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Claire

• Posts Too Much!
  • Augie!
    • Rusty Rat Rescue
*Need Homes Fast* Two Lab Boys - PEW - WI/IL
« on: September 18, 2006, 03:34:42 PM »
I recieved an email today from a woman that works at a local pharmaceutical company.  Apparently, the section she works in deals with rats and mice.  She said that none of these rat are injected with chemicals - instead, they are used to test water valves (however they do that with rats, I don't know).  She needed to rehome 12 rats for whatever reason and these two boys are left and she's asking for me to take them in.  She says they are healthy, just over 6 months old, both are PEW's.  She has recieved positive feedback from people who have already adopted from her - she says that these boys are sweet and love to watch her work, and will need a bit of handling, but for the most part are very nice.  She'd actually like to take them with her but cannot due to moving conflicts.  She gave me this picture:

Of the boys.  Basically, she's asking for me to take them or provide her with a name of someone else who can - because she doesn't want to "send them to rattie heaven".  If there is anyone here that is interested in adopting these two boys, please email (puppyluver18@wi.rr.com) or PM me, or reply to this thread.  I want to get a response back to her preferably by the end of today because it sounds like these boys don't have much time left!

Offline mandycoot

• Posts Too Much!
Re: *Need Homes Fast* Two Lab Boys - PEW - WI/IL
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 04:39:33 PM »
Ohhh I've always wanted lab rescues! I'm full up right now, but I'm in NE Wisconsin and can help transport around this side of the state if anybody needs.

Offline gomezsusa

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 04:45:41 PM »
I can provide a temporary home in Carpentersville, IL until their forever home is found.  They would have a whole RUUD cage to themselves.

We are a Chicago suburb.

Offline wonderrodent

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
  • owned by three rodentists
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 11:30:56 PM »
I could help with a rattie train. I am in the Milwaukee area and could go down to like Gurnee or whatever is the most convenient place to meet.

<br/>www.wonderrodent.com<br/>
"Men have forgotten this truth but you must not forget it. You remain responsible forever for what you have tamed."

Offline Claire

• Posts Too Much!
  • Augie!
    • Rusty Rat Rescue
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 11:40:52 PM »
Thanks guys for offering help!  I'm going to wait through tomorrow to see if anyone steps forward to offer them a forever home before arranging any trains.  I'll update again tomorrow.

Offline Heather

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 05:04:05 PM »
 :puppy_dog_eyes: I really don't need anymore rats but these poor boys really need a home and I will see if I can take them in permanently. I am in Missouri, can a train get to me? I need to discuss it with my mom tonight because afterall, I am still living in her house. Is there anyway the lab can neuter them (I know it'sa long shot). They will be staying with my 8 girls so they gotta get snipped somewhere along the line. :rattysmiley:

Offline Claire

• Posts Too Much!
  • Augie!
    • Rusty Rat Rescue
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 10:49:57 PM »
I definitely don't think the lab can neuter them - for now it's just important that they get out of there because the woman is desperate to fight against her boss to have them get homes rather than be PTS somehow.  Let me know what your mom says asap.

Offline bearfootlillypad

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 10:59:38 PM »
I will be in N. IL the weekend of Oct. 13, then will be going back to Iowa. I live about 1/2 hour from the Iowa Missouri border, so I can help with that leg of a train if needed.
Playing hard at the bridge...

Offline Heather

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 11:12:44 PM »
Yup. Send 'em on here. :thumbsup2:

Offline Heather

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 10:29:01 PM »
So Claire I said I would take these boys but no one has even replied to any of my emails or posts. Can I atleast get an update? Were they adopted by someone else? Were they euth'd? Where are they now? I thought this situation was urgent.. but communication seems to be nothing at the moment. I won't be able to get these boys for about a week while I try and get a train closer to Missouri that me driving all the way up to Chicago. How far can you transport? I just want the boys in a safe home until I can get to them. Right now I feel I'm being ignored. Please get back to me.

Offline Dearpie

• Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • When you're too open minded, brains fall out!
    • Dearpie Hammocks
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 10:51:25 PM »
I'm locking this thread since the person who 'owns' these rats has posted.