Author Topic: Gunky Eyes  (Read 2098 times)

Offline ~Lin

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
Gunky Eyes
« on: September 25, 2006, 12:53:28 AM »
So Tessa's eyes have been gunky for a couple days now. It started with one eye and now its both eyes. When I see them gunking I wipe it off. Shes on good food, and has no food allergies... Theres no winking, squinting, or redness that would indicate an eye infection. If it was an eye infection, I already have ointment on hand... Any ideas? I'm wondering if maybe its the change in weather or something. This didn't happen last year, but who knows.

Offline Blue Steel Rats

• Posts Too Much!
  • A proud rat owner since 1964
Re: Gunky Eyes
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 11:10:26 AM »
What, exactly, do you mean by "gunky" eyes?  Could you be a little bit more precise in your description?  Is she having a discharge?  If so, what color is the discharge?  White? Yellow? Green? Is it runny (as in thin and watery), or is it thick and sticky? Is the nictitating membrane ("third eyelid") showing? How long have they been "gunky"?  Is there any discharge from the nose? Is she showing any other symptoms such as coughing, or lack of appetite?  Has she been exposed to high wind or dusty/windy conditions?

Answeres to these questions could help solve the mystery....

Deb ~~((((8:>

Offline ~Lin

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 11:22:25 AM »
Well the mystery will forever remain a mystery. The post was over a month ago, and its gone. The nictitating membrane was not showing. If there had been nose discharge, coughing, or any other symptom I would have listed it. There was not an eye "discharge" it was mucous, normal just a bit more than normal. Like the sleep you get in your eyes, but she was having it been excessive for about a week.

Offline Blue Steel Rats

• Posts Too Much!
  • A proud rat owner since 1964
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 11:50:25 AM »
Ah.  :doh: Should've looked at the date of the post.

:doh:
Deb ~~((((8:>