Author Topic: Bathtime!!!!!!!!!  (Read 4752 times)

Offline NutKitty

• Posts Too Much!
Bathtime!!!!!!!!!
« on: April 07, 2003, 10:11:09 AM »
All three of my ratties got a bath last night!  I'm a weirdo.. I decided to take them with me when I took a bath last night coz I wanted to watch them run around.  I was just soaking and reading a book anyway...

The thing is, I didn't know they could jump to the ledge of the bathroom, and gosh knows they wanted to be near "mommy"!  So here comes Noelle, my little dumbo blue russian girl..  then SPLOONK!  She fell right in!  I caught her IMMEDIATELY...  she didn't have time to even surface before I had her in my hands..  her head went under tho. :(  Didn't seem to faze her a bit!  So I cuddled her for a second then let her run around on the bathroom floor a bit more.. then decided to wash my Hannah, since she's a PEW and the back of her neck was filthy!  Now she's absolutely white, and her tail is sooo much cleaner!  I of course grabbed Trinny too, just to be even. :)

They were all incredibly easy to bathe, barely any squirming... although Hannah squeaked bloody murder - but she's also the same one who squeeks every single time you pick her up, lol...  no, she's not scared...  she doesn't mind being held - it's just when you grab her!

Anyways, that's my nice little story!  It was actually the very first time I'd given Noelle or Trinny a bath..  Dave had given Hannah one before coz of her neck getting dirty..  (which she IMMEDIATELY got dirty again coz we put her back in her cage while still wet..  we let them run around in a heated room until they completely dried before I let them back in their cage this time!)

stripedrats

Re:Bathtime!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2003, 10:21:00 AM »
and no "presents" decided to swim with you?? How selfish of your ratties to NOT give you any presents!!  ;D

Offline NutKitty

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2003, 10:25:29 AM »
and no "presents" decided to swim with you?? How selfish of your ratties to NOT give you any presents!!  ;D

Oh thank GOD they didn't!  Ewwww!  I was in the tub while I bathed them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOL!  Trinny DID leave a nice gift on the bathroom floor tho... hehe...  gratitude? :)

Offline sagsgerbils

• Splinter
    • Prospect Street Rattery
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2003, 03:57:24 PM »
LOL! I can only begin to picture this rat jumping in the bath tub with you. I've had 2 cats in my life (one currently) who will jump in the tub with me everytime i take a bath or shower if I don't keep the door closed.

But a rat who jumps in the bath with you! Too funny! :)
Sarah and the Rats of Prospect Street Rattery
The girls: Mary Jane, Levina, Abby, Uno, Daisy Mae, Taylor, Mya, Icon, Pixel, Chiara, Josephine, Allie, Squirt, Kenzi, Blinkie and Fiona
The boys : Jesse, Psycho, Rascal, Kody, Rudy, Oliver, Splinter, Chopper, Dylan, Chester, and Keeper Jeremiah.

Offline Korfa

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2003, 03:59:57 PM »
is this cat a bengal?

Offline NutKitty

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2003, 04:20:11 PM »
Hahaha!  That's like one of my cats!  Sebastian will literally walk onto my belly and legs while I'm bathing!!!!!!!!!!  The water goes up almost to his chest too when he does that!  It's sooo funny...  all three of my cats are fascinated with water..  Sasami has fallen into the tub more than a few times too from being OVERLY curious...  ;)

Offline starsevol

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2003, 04:51:40 PM »
My wonderful cat Rumpus who I lost in December  (he was only 13 :()hated it when I took a shower. He was positive the water was hurting me so yowling,he would jump to the back of the toilet then jump to the top of the medicine chest so he could see me in there! It was so funny,him up there keeping an eye on me!
Ruger and Remington.

Forever in my heart-OSED Rain Beau, OSED Cosmic Cloud, OSED Grand Finale, Art Vandelay,Bobbiesue,Billiejo,Risotto,Wellington,Winchester, Roosevelt ,Marshmallow and Luger.