Author Topic: Help with Guinea Pig Care! URGENT  (Read 2158 times)

Offline OldsGal

• Posts Too Much!
  • You Always Widdle On The One You Love
Help with Guinea Pig Care! URGENT
« on: November 25, 2006, 08:10:59 PM »
I just read an email from someone on another list and I know that keeping a GP in a 10g aquarium is wrong let alone two.  She is asking for information on how to care for a preggos GP and I want to give her more information.  Anyone have a GP guide I am e mail to her to help her out to learn how to better care for her GPs.  She seems open to advice.

Thanks
Staci
Treat everyday like a dog would.  If you can't eat it or chew on it then pee on it and walk away!

Offline DazzleMe

• Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Show Up For Life
    • Dazzle Me Rattery
Re: Help with Guinea Pig Care! URGENT
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 10:06:36 PM »
There are several good Gpig websites to check out...

www.cavycages.com
www.guinealynx.com

Those are two fantastic websites.

-Melina
-Melina & Crew

Offline werecatrising

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 10:17:56 PM »
Those are excellent sites. I feel sorry for the piggy. Pregnancy is very hard on them. Does she have them in a 10 gallon tank now? Cavy cages has a lot of info on building c& c cages. Hopefuly she'll do that.

Offline tamena

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm NOT a llama!
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 12:10:12 AM »
there is also a lot of info here:
http://www.cavycompendium.com/forums/index.php?s=6a24b62bdc477e00d8b1d992ae485c3d&
and there's a bunch of people on it at pretty much any time of the day.  They're very good at helping and offering suggestions when needed.

If the owner of these pigs can't get something else to keep them in right away you might want to suggest a large laundry basket for a few days just to get them out of the tank.  At least they'd have some room and be able to breathe like that

and I mean something like this:

not this: