Author Topic: rabbit humping football!!!!!  (Read 3734 times)

Offline kat_9989

• Ritten
rabbit humping football!!!!!
« on: January 11, 2007, 04:37:32 PM »
Sound like a strange question but does anyone else know of rabbits humping footballs as my rabbit precious has taken aliking to my daughters ball!!
I got her from someone who didnt have the time to look after her. I've had her for about 2 years now and think shes about 4.
Shes a large lop eared rabbit with long ish hair.
Also she has a large outdoor hutch and has full rain of the garden all day long (weather permiting) but would love some ideas for toys for her for when shes stuck in her hutch as she gets borded and thumps alot.
 :wave2:
thanks

Offline Dakota

Re: rabbit humping football!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 05:32:51 PM »
Are you sure its a female?  I've never had a female that humped, but the boys are notorious for it.  Spaying/neutering will correct this.

Plastic cat toys, ones that they can pick up and toss.  I (& Rocky) like the ones that are like hour glasses with bells inside (recently my pet store has started selling these in the rabbit/pocket pet section).  Also toilet paper tubes, a box can serve as a hide out and a chew toy, and Rocky also likes puzzle books to scratch and dig and tear and chew (when I am done with them).
2 cats: Timmy & Borealis
2 rats: Bayley & Hunter
1 rabbit: Rocky (bestest bunny ever!)
1 turtle: Fillmore

Offline kat_9989

• Ritten
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 08:08:45 AM »
When i got her was told she was a girl, do u know if its easily to tell and how?
Is she not to old to be spayed/neutered?

I got her a carrot rattle toy but unsure if she likes it, when I bring her in she has her own bed and i tryed playing with her and every time i tossed it onto her bed she growled and tossed it off!

She's lovely natured but gets moody, she hates shadow's and growls at them.

shes such a character :yelcutelaugh:

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
  • Pick the adoption option!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 09:09:53 AM »
There is no "too old" to get spayed/neutered with animals, really.  It all depends on their health, and it sounds like your girl is fine.  Though, you should know for further reference that rabbits need to be spayed around six months.  Their chances for getting uterine cancer or pyometra jumps up to 85% or more after only 2-3 years of being unaltered.  Spaying/neutering is a necessity for rabbits.

Before BunBun was spayed, she loved to hump stuffed animals, pillows, even the cats  :yelcutelaugh:  Soon as she was spayed, that all ceased.

Also she has a large outdoor hutch and has full rain of the garden all day long (weather permiting) but would love some ideas for toys for her for when shes stuck in her hutch as she gets borded and thumps alot.

Oh, poor thing  :(  She really needs to be brought inside.  Why can't you set up a dog pen for her?  Rabbits can be litter box trained, you know.  Rabbits much prefer being around family then being stuck in a hutch in the backyard.  :-\
  <~~ Add Chelsey's Cozies on Facebook!  :)

Offline VegetarianPetLuvR

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 02:31:37 PM »

Oh, poor thing  :(  She really needs to be brought inside.  Why can't you set up a dog pen for her?  Rabbits can be litter box trained, you know.  Rabbits much prefer being around family then being stuck in a hutch in the backyard.  :-\

I just really have to second this. Rabbits are very social animals and shouldn't be kept banned outside. She'll be much happier inside, very easy to litter train (once spayed) and will make a WONDERFUL house pet.