Author Topic: Ferret Nation pics, everybody post your FNs here!!  (Read 708458 times)

Offline Kiwi_and_Mango

• Ratless...But they live on in my heart
Re: Ferret Nation pics, everybody post your FNs here!!
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2007, 03:56:01 PM »
Aww fuzzybee thats great, one day I will end up getting a FN from that website  :) I could just about afford the actual cage right now, but i'd want to buy loads of new stuff to furnish it with like fabric for the bottoms and new hammock fabric and stuff. Im 14 so it will take me a while to get enough money, heh, and I get quite a lot of pocket money every week as it is so its not really fair to ask for more  :) And when I get one I will be taking a lotta tips from here thanks to you lot!
Use your wings now little ones.
Marley and Archie - <3

Offline tara7884

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2007, 06:05:36 PM »
Mine just came yesterday. It's pretty sparse compared to everyones. You guys gave me some good ideas. I can't wait till my two boys are old enough to go in it. They are about 8 weeks old now. Thanks everyone for sharing your great ideas.

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
  • Pick the adoption option!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2007, 07:47:25 PM »
I forgot that I got mine at Kmart instead of Walmart  :P  What I got can be found here.  I honestly don't like them very much and ended up taking out one  :P

SoA, what don't you like about that shelving thingy?

Robin

They're too small to put anything good on  :P  The only thing they're good for are soda boxes.  They took up too much space considering the fact that don't hold a whole lot.
  <~~ Add Chelsey's Cozies on Facebook!  :)

Offline Dori

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Me and my best guy!
    • Safe Haven Humane Society
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2007, 07:52:18 PM »
Mine just came yesterday. It's pretty sparse compared to everyones. You guys gave me some good ideas. I can't wait till my two boys are old enough to go in it. They are about 8 weeks old now. Thanks everyone for sharing your great ideas.

It looks great the way you have it all color coordinated! Your two boys will love all that room to run around in!

Offline jorats

• Posts Too Much!
  • There are rats in my house.
    • The Rat Shack
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2007, 03:23:17 PM »
Wow, I love the paw print design, looks great, I also like the idea of making the fleece/cloth go all the way down from the second level, looks very sharp!
Joanne
The Rat Shack

Until there's none... rescue one.

Offline tara7884

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2007, 05:46:41 PM »
Thanks for the compliments :) I credit my cage to all the wonderful ideas I got off this site!! And I love my FN cage so thanks for that too! ( As a new rat owner, I had no idea where to start in making them a comfy home.)

Offline jorats

• Posts Too Much!
    • The Rat Shack
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2007, 03:49:37 PM »
Another cleaning day and more pics. Still love my FN... cleaning it is just so easy.

The bottom part with the wonderful wonderrodent palace!!

And a pic of my sweet Bijou in a wonderrodent cube!!

Joanne
The Rat Shack

Offline wonderrodent

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
  • owned by three rodentists
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2007, 03:54:53 PM »
YAY!!!!
So how long does it take you to clean the FN?

<br/>www.wonderrodent.com<br/>
"Men have forgotten this truth but you must not forget it. You remain responsible forever for what you have tamed."

Offline jorats

• Posts Too Much!
    • The Rat Shack
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2007, 04:00:53 PM »

So how long does it take you to clean the FN?

Right now, it's taking me about an hour but that's because I'm having so much fun decorating and trying new stuff, changing stuff around. But eventually, it should take me about 30 minutes for the big once a week scrub down. Keep in mind, I do daily clean ups and I also only have 7 rats in there right now. I'm sure if I had the 12 allowed, then it would be a little more.
Joanne
The Rat Shack

Offline DolciLady

• Posts Too Much!!
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Rattie slave and lovin every minute of it!
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2007, 04:15:28 PM »
Yeah, it's not the actual clean-up that takes long, it's the redecorating!!   :yelcutelaugh:  It takes longer to wash the igloos and toys than it does to sweep and scrub the trays, shelves, and ladders. 

Robin
SugarBaby...my heart rat    The sweetest love I've ever known.

Offline JR1030

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2007, 04:49:30 PM »
Drat you all!  I just got a Martin's, and can't get another cage, but now I've got GGFN!!!  I saw one at Petsmart, and was so tempted to walk out with it. (for $220  :o)  Argghhhh!!!
~Rebecca

Offline gem_max

• Posts Too Much!
  • picaRAT!
    • g3mo.com
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2007, 12:24:59 AM »
I'm the same! I spent 2 hours on just one half once :P all because my inner perfectionist kicked in (also I hadn't blocked the boys off from the half and they 'helped' and rode the cloth around the entire time). I then spent probably a total of another two hours lecturing the ratties on moving the furniture and placemats around. It's fun, it's hell, but I just can't stop perfecting it all!

I'm loving all the red in that cage jorats. It makes my eyes dart all over the place. *must get waffle houses this week  :BlueDumboSmileTongue:*

My Pokemons attack with shirt tug, power groom and pee dribble.

Offline DragonTamer

• Posts Too Much!
  • Spider Lovin'
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2007, 07:45:52 AM »
OH man.. I'm VERY Tempted to get a FN now, but not for the little rats, for the BIG rat!   Matisse's cage is a midwest ferret playpen, and it's getting old (it's older than him by a year, so it's almost 5 years old).  He's chewed the heck out of the thing, and at first I wanted to make a cube cage for him like my two bunnies have, but he's so clever and destructive, that I had decided against it. 

Is this cage good?  Does it have a lot of floor space?  the martin's ruud isn't long/wide enough for the 'Tisse. 

Dog crates aren't big enough, and I'd rather have the height as well as a decent width/length (something wider and longer than the martin's basically.  the midwest cage is fine as far as that goes, though).  Also, the bars need to be thicker than the martins cages have.. heh

Offline OldsGal

• Posts Too Much!
  • You Always Widdle On The One You Love
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2007, 08:13:51 AM »
OMG....I didn't even think about Matisse and this cage!  I personally think this cage could be perfect for Matisse.  The only thing you might have to worry about if he is a big chewer is that he could chew the pans that are the full floors of the cage.  However their are bars under it so he would not escape if he did.  This cage is so unbelievable sturdy I can't believe how well made I personally think it is.  The bars a definately stronger than martins wire.  I have bar chewers and they have not ruined the coating on the bars yet.  And can you imagine being able to throw open the doors and play with Matisse!  Other's can give their opinions too but I think it would be a great cage for him. 

Staci
Treat everyday like a dog would.  If you can't eat it or chew on it then pee on it and walk away!

Offline jorats

• Posts Too Much!
    • The Rat Shack
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2007, 09:15:47 AM »
Absolutely, it would be a great cage for Matisse!!! It's got so much floor space and a full second level with two balconies, he'd be running all over the place in that thing. It's also super sturdy.
Here's one exemple that my mom had noticed, a big Silent Spinner in a Martins and the whole side will wiggle when you have a strong runner but in the FN, the side doesn't move at all, super sturdy.
Before buying the FN, even though I drooled over the pics on here, I went over to ferrret forums to lurk and read up on what they think of the FN, and they all loved it as well as their ferrets. So I knew it was a good cage.  ;D
Joanne
The Rat Shack

Offline lkblair

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2007, 04:10:30 PM »
I think Matisse would love it, too.  My best friend has her dwarf bunny in one, and he bounds all over the cage.  The only thing she had to do was reinforce the shelves with cable ties.  One of the shelves wouldn't seat well in the slots, so if he bounced on it too hard, it would fall off.  The cable ties have taken care of that problem, though.  And that's only going to be an issue if the shelf has problems anyway.
Lisa
1 husband, 4 kids, 7 rats, 1 dog, 1 cat, and way too many fish
gone to the bridge in 2006 - rat: Socks, 10wks  cats: Trinity, 15; Rascal, 17

Offline mommachocolaterat

« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2007, 04:21:11 PM »
i wish i was older i cant afford a new cage for my girls  am not even old enough to work so i cant afford a new cage and my mom wont buy me one :crybaby2:

Offline Notamuised

• Forum Enabler
    • Ratrascals Rescue
We've Got a FN!!!!
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2007, 07:15:02 PM »
YEAH!!!! I picked up my FN cage on Friday and it is fabulous!!! I love it. I can already see how much easier it is going to be to clean. I love the wheels on the bottom and the space is unbelievable. I was somewhat taken aback by the size of the whole thing but don't regret getting it for a second! In fact, I'm going to buy another first chance I get!

Now I'm suffering from GGM FN Stuff!!! Got some cubes on the way & am getting there. I re-arranged my huge Martins cage today, so I've got more stuff to decorate the FN!

Just my opinion, but all shelters, rescues etc. should have these cages! Imagine a wall of FN separated into sections for different groups of ratties!  I just wish there was a rat version with smaller bar spacing so that I could buy one form my girls.

So far Aidan & Steve are loving the top floor. Can't say who the bottom is for (it's a secret)  :wink5: and eventually, I want to move in Peanut, once I can manage a successful intro.

From "No, you can't have a rat" to a Ratty Nation...
My girls ~ Shadow, Maddy, Bloo, Eve & Mo, Rylan, Kit, Willow & Sophie, Peaches & Snowy, Berta & Emily
My boys ~ Simon, Peanut, Aidan, Calloway, Webster, Marty .... oh, and excuse me :) Charweeee!

Offline jorats

• Posts Too Much!
    • The Rat Shack
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2007, 07:20:17 PM »
Weeee! Notamuised, how wonderful!! I've been wondering all weekend... did she get her FN yet? Does she like it? Why is she not posting pics...lol
What do you mean a secret???? Do tell girl!!
Joanne
The Rat Shack

Offline Notamuised

• Forum Enabler
    • Ratrascals Rescue
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2007, 07:27:04 PM »
What do you mean a secret???? Do tell girl!!

Don't want to jinx it so you'll have to be patient & wait!!!! (Insert evil laugh here  :cheeky:) Perhaps we shall reveal the secret next weekend? Maybe, we'll have to wait & see!  :-X

My family keeps asking, "Why is it sectioned off? Who's the bottom for?" I just tell them I haven't decided yet. They shake their heads in GGMR disbelief and wander away. But they keep looking at the cage and then looking at me like I've gone absolutely bonkers.  ::)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 07:29:12 PM by Notamuised »
From "No, you can't have a rat" to a Ratty Nation...
My girls ~ Shadow, Maddy, Bloo, Eve & Mo, Rylan, Kit, Willow & Sophie, Peaches & Snowy, Berta & Emily
My boys ~ Simon, Peanut, Aidan, Calloway, Webster, Marty .... oh, and excuse me :) Charweeee!

Offline lkblair

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2007, 09:04:45 PM »
I just wish there was a rat version with smaller bar spacing so that I could buy one form my girls.

I highly recommend the flight cages found on ebay. See a couple (incl mine) here: http://www.goosemoose.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,118/forum,rat/topic,4016851.0

And here are ebay links to the ones pictured:
small: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270065673961&rd=1&rd=1
large: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270045609231&rd=1&rd=1
Lisa
1 husband, 4 kids, 7 rats, 1 dog, 1 cat, and way too many fish
gone to the bridge in 2006 - rat: Socks, 10wks  cats: Trinity, 15; Rascal, 17

Offline Elysium

• Once you go rat, you never go back!
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2007, 10:30:09 PM »
Yeah, it's not the actual clean-up that takes long, it's the redecorating!!   :yelcutelaugh:  It takes longer to wash the igloos and toys than it does to sweep and scrub the trays, shelves, and ladders. 

Ditto!  :yelcutelaugh:
Roxann
|Hotchner |Gideon |Spencer

RIP: Ella, Bella, Scully and Reyes

Offline alybaba11

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rats are love
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2007, 08:00:43 PM »
I feel like a terrible ratty owner..seeing all these amaizing cages makes me want to send my ratties to you guys so they can live it up. ARG, I need an FN and some crazy sewing abilities!

Pets name: Arnold
Adopted by: Alycat

Adopt your own!

Offline unglued

« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2007, 09:05:14 PM »
here's mine, i'll be re-decorating once i decide on the new theme :p

the top
i can sew(the tubes, sleep sack and hammock and double decker hammocks are made by me, i'm thinking maybe a corner hammock or 2nd wheel..)

the bottom.

the whole thing

Offline jorats

• Posts Too Much!
    • The Rat Shack
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2007, 09:57:04 PM »
Unglued, that looks great!! What's the little thing on the top level? There's even a rattie in it!
Joanne
The Rat Shack