Author Topic: Kittens in need of a home (Iowa)  (Read 2524 times)

Offline Maypah

Kittens in need of a home (Iowa)
« on: December 08, 2004, 06:48:57 PM »
I've got 5 six week old kittens that I'm trying to find homes for. They're not mine, they only came here early this morning.

Long story short: they're farm cats. The guy who had them didn't want them, was going to dump them in a ditch somewhere if we didn't take them. So we took them.

The problem is that we can't keep them indefinitely. I'm trying to find homes for them, and as fast as I can. I think about all the longer I can keep them, unless they for sure have homes laid out, is a week. After that, whoever is not gone or spoken for will have to be taken to the humane society. It's not something I want to do, but we already have 7 cats.

Right now I'm trying my best to socialize them a bit. They've had little to no human contact so they're all very, very skittish. They hiss a lot until you pick them up and they realize that your hands don't mean DOOM, but they're still very on edge and scared. There's one little girl that has started warming up to me. She's going to be a good cat. She's already starting to get playful and curious. I'm also working on litter training.

There's 2 boys and 2 girls for sure. Another girl, we think. We actually haven't been able to tell for sure, it's being kind of ambiguous. There's one little boy with a patch of white on his tummy, other than that they're all completely black.

I live in Iowa, if anybody's interested.

Winter and the ratties: Thanatos, Balthasar, Gaspar, Ollie, Paris, Othello, Argos, Lucifer, Noel, Aleksia, Somebody Blue, Ophelia, Scarlet, Kismet, Star, Luna, Ghost and Harlequin.