Author Topic: Help with a fearful Flemish Giant.  (Read 4094 times)

Offline JulesMichy

• Posts Too Much!
Help with a fearful Flemish Giant.
« on: February 05, 2007, 11:48:16 PM »
I'm volunteering at my local zoo, and they've got me socializing the small mammals. There's three rats, three guinea pigs and a Flemish Giant that they've assigned me to. My area of expertise being rats, I don't know much about guinea pigs or rabbits.

The Flemish was a case they wanted to assign me back in October, but it fell through because my schedule was sort of crazy. He was very skittish, and extremely aggressive when picked up. He tore into another volunteer's shoulder. I wasn't expecting them to still require help with him after three and a half months, but apparently he's still very fearful.

I'd like some general info on what to do/not to do during socialization of rabbits, favorite foods, foods to avoid, and the like. Any resources would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!  ;D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 11:52:12 PM by JulesMichy »

Offline MaevePotter

• Posts Too Much!
    • Meg's Magical Hammocks
:heart: Loved by: Sean, Mittens, Honey, Little Bear, Pewpew, Thomas, Midget, Benjamin, Little Heart, Petal, Piranha, and Cricket.
Mommy misses: Dumbo, Piper, Emily, Merlyn, Theo, sweet Finn, Georgiana, Winston, Lily, Owen, Nicholas, Albus, Dumbledore, sweet Daphne, Fiona, Roger, Esther, and Caius.

Offline MaevePotter

• Posts Too Much!
    • Meg's Magical Hammocks
:heart: Loved by: Sean, Mittens, Honey, Little Bear, Pewpew, Thomas, Midget, Benjamin, Little Heart, Petal, Piranha, and Cricket.
Mommy misses: Dumbo, Piper, Emily, Merlyn, Theo, sweet Finn, Georgiana, Winston, Lily, Owen, Nicholas, Albus, Dumbledore, sweet Daphne, Fiona, Roger, Esther, and Caius.

Offline JulesMichy

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Help with a fearful Flemish Giant.
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 11:59:12 PM »
Thanks so much!  :thumbsup2:

Offline MaevePotter

• Posts Too Much!
    • Meg's Magical Hammocks
Re: Help with a fearful Flemish Giant.
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 12:18:54 AM »
no prob.  I love that language of the lagomorphs website and the rabbits only forum.