Author Topic: Looking for a ferret in Ohio  (Read 10454 times)

Offline Thompson

Looking for a ferret in Ohio
« on: March 07, 2007, 09:28:07 PM »
A couple of weeks ago one of my two ferrets passed away, and now I am looking for a companion for my remaining ferret. If anyone knows of any ferrets needing adoption in Ohio, let me know. My little guy is rather lonely.  :( Thanks so much.
Proudly dedicating my life to the service of:
4 rats: Marcie, Minci, Sally, and Lincoln (RIP Rosie and Washington)
6 cats: Freya, Orlin, Lya, Adria, Carson, and Ronon
and 2 Ferrets: Samwise and Sassy

Offline nyx5233

Re: Looking for a ferret in Ohio
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 02:20:59 PM »
Hey, not sure if you're still looking for a ferret or not.. but try www.petfinder.com  I just did a quick search and found lots in Ohio.  Not too sure where you are located, but there's a whole bunch, around 50 in Cleaveland and Columbus.  http://search.petfinder.com/search/search.cgi?action=1&pet.Animal=Small%26Furry&pet.Breed=ferret&pet.Age=&pet.Size=&pet.Sex=&location=oh&preview=1&scope=2&x=9&y=9      Hope that helps!!!!

Offline wordweasel

• Ritten
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 08:53:36 PM »
Try Ferrets Unlimited ferret shelter in Cleveland.

http://www.ferretsunlimited.org

They have about 50 ferrets there right now. :)

Offline BaraLahatiel

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rodere Rattery and Rescue
    • Rodere Rattery
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 02:07:10 AM »
Where are you located? My boss and his wife are looking to place their ferret, Sassy. She makes a good companion to other ferrets, but she's not too great with people. She's got a nasty biting habit unfortunately and they are afraid she'll end up biting a customer when she gets loose. She is very good at getting the door open during her play time and they could be sued if she injured or hurt someone. She doesn't usually break the skin, but it does hurt. Her cage mate died this past fall. he was 8-9 years old. Sassy is about 3.
Our first litter was born March 25th, 2008!!

Offline Thompson

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 11:16:20 AM »
I'm located in Findlay, Oh. (Northwest. About 45 minutes South of Toledo.) I wouldn't mind the biting. My ferret has recently started biting as well. (We think it is because he doesn't have anyone to "fight" with.)

Offline BaraLahatiel

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rodere Rattery
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 11:12:17 PM »
We think that is part of Sassy's problem. She was better when she had some companionship, but she still did always bite a little. She was at a petstore for a long time without ever being adopted and my bosses daughter got her severely reduced because she thought her mom could stop her. Libby has rehabed and kept two ferrets that were found outside and were near wild. They were happy and healthy until the day they died. But Sassy has thrown her for a loop!

How far would you be willing to drive? You are about 4 hours from me. I'll see about getting some pictures. :) Libby and I would love to see Sassy go to a home where she'll have a buddy. That'd be awesome. We went through a ton of ferret rescues to try and get her one, but they wouldn't work with me instead of the actual owners. They demanded they go to the library and use a computer there  :doh: And come and visit with Sassy before they considered adopting to them. It was a nightmare.

Offline Thompson

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 12:36:03 AM »
I know what you mean. I've been trying to adopt a ferret but it has been rather difficult since I can't find any located near me and they normally require home visits and more often than not they adopt out in pairs.

I can travel some distance. I'm not sure where you are, but I live in Findlay (Northwest) but go to college in Athens. (Southeast). Athens might be closer. Just let me know and we can try and work something out.

Offline BaraLahatiel

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rodere Rattery
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 12:35:22 AM »
I've PMed you :)

Offline elmonte4266

• Ritten
ferrets for adoption in SoCal
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 07:29:14 PM »
I have 2 great ferrets for adoption in the SoCal area I can meet any where from San Diego to LA.  Both ferrets are spayed and de-sented, and I have a great ferret nation cage model 142 for them.  Please e-mail me if you are interested at jeffhacker@cox.net.

Thanks.