Author Topic: A New Bun  (Read 6586 times)

Offline crazydaisy

• Posts Too Much!
A New Bun
« on: March 10, 2007, 03:03:47 AM »
We may be getting another bun today and I just want to make sure how long I'm suppose to quarantine him, before introducing him to my other boy. He's coming from another home with no other buns.

Offline ~Lin

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
Re: A New Bun
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 05:04:44 AM »
Its been years since I had rabbits... so let someone else answer before you take my word, lol. But I would for a few weeks. The biggest concerns are pasturella and VHD

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 05:48:25 PM »
I truly believe that you should take your bun to the rescue/wherever you are going to get another bun (just not the pet store), and let him/her pick out the new bunny. It will make bonding MUCH easier if he picks him/her out.

- Amy

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
  • Pick the adoption option!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 05:16:50 PM »
Since he's coming from a home with no other rabbits, he's already been quarantined  :P 
  <~~ Add Chelsey's Cozies on Facebook!  :)

Offline crazydaisy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 10:30:22 AM »
Thanks I never thought of that duh LOL. I have him on the other side of our home, but he's great. Such a sweetie pie even though he was abused by kids  :(. He has a watery eye that the owner said he has allergies, but other than that he's fine.

Offline mowgley_the_rat

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 10:20:07 PM »
he's gorgeous!!!!!!!  congrats. i love rabbits.
Welcoming 3 new little ratty men:  Peanut, Butter, and Jelly. ❤️❤️❤️

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
  • Pick the adoption option!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 02:12:11 AM »
Personally, I wouldn't take the previous owner's statement to heart about his eye being watery from "just allergies."  He could have an upper respiratory problem, or even cojunctivitis.
  <~~ Add Chelsey's Cozies on Facebook!  :)

Offline crazydaisy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 07:02:02 PM »
Well I think we need to take him to the vet and have his tear duct flushed out. I really hope this lady didn't lie to us, I mean she was feeding him alfalfa hay, hartz pellets with corn and all kinds of junk in it and the worst was she gave him those kaytee yogurt drops for treats. I mean all that sugar can really mess up a bun. His chin has been all wet and he's been smacking his tongue a lot and I was thinking teeth problems or abscess, but I didn't see anything wrong in his mouth and no funny smell either. Could be from his eye though, won't be sure until I get him checked out.