Author Topic: - Help no longer needed! =)  (Read 2424 times)

Offline TheBoarTribe

• Ritten
- Help no longer needed! =)
« on: March 18, 2007, 09:03:01 PM »
*Update* - we're not being transferred, so these guys are staying with us.  :)

I have 4 rats that need new homes very soon. They were in the care of a previous roommate who passed away in December of last year, so we took over their care. We recently found out that we will be relocated to Oregon in April/May, and we will not be able to take these guys with us.

There are two females about 8 months old, 2 males about 8 months old. The two females live together, the two males live together. The females are a Russian Blue Berkshirre Dumbo and a mostly white Dumbo with some spots of Russian Blue on her head and face. The two males are Russian Silver Hooded Dumbo and a Russian Blue Hooded Dumbo with some white on his face. I'm not 100% sure on the markings, this is just the info I could gather from websites showing markings.

All of these rats are very healthy, they are on a cereal/grain/dog food mix diet and get fresh fruits and vegetables regularly. They are very friendly and are easy to handle. I do have cages available for them, if needed. They are Martins cages.

*Update* The older boy has found a new home. Both the younger boys and girls are now in R-670 cages. These will be included with them free of charge! Plus accessories!

Please, please send me an email or message if anyone can assist in placing these rats. I am located in Elkton, MD but I work in New Castle DE and I am out that way all the time. I would not be able to do any transporting, so I would need someone who could meet me near home to take these guys. Please message me if you can help.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 09:52:58 AM by TheBoarTribe »

Offline xXAshleyXx812

• Cutie butt <3
    • Lucky Aries Rat Rescue
Re: Urgent! 5 rats in need of new homes fast! MD/DE
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 01:48:29 AM »
if anyone can do any transporting to PA, or close by philly I would love to take them.

Offline Sweet Whispers Rattery

• Posts Too Much!
    • Sweet Whispers Rattery
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 03:59:30 PM »
Same here w/o possible tranpsort I'd love to help out, but that doesn't seem like a reality currently.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 05:29:34 PM by TruPitBull »

Offline xXAshleyXx812

• Cutie butt <3
    • Lucky Aries Rat Rescue
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 07:10:46 PM »
If someone can get them near to PA, I can pick them up, and I can bring them to trupitbull and myself!! Any possible transport avaliable? I can pick up from South NJ as well...

Offline TheBoarTribe

• Ritten
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 06:54:13 PM »
I still do not have anyone seriously interested in these guys that can come get them, and I'm getting more and more desperate the closer to April it gets. We'll be packing up stuff and sending it out on moving trucks and I won't have any time to attempt to find homes for these guys. I really hate to even think I may have to drop them off at the humane society or something before we leave. I really, really do not want that to happen to these guys.

I am willing to include the cages for these guys and girls for free to anyone who can take them in. The cages would be 2 R-670s (one for girls, one for boys) in good condition. One has a flip-top, the other is regular. Both are powder coated black. I am including their accessories (non-drip water bottles, locking crock food bowl, some food, hammocks, etc) with them as well.

Anyone who can help, please send me an email as soon as possible. Thanks so much.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 06:58:51 PM by TheBoarTribe »

Offline CanadianGolden

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 11:03:10 PM »
Have you put them on Petfinder? I am about to adopt 3 babies (hopefully) and don't have room, sorry. I will spread the word, though (I am in Brookeville).

Offline Asyria

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 10:51:03 AM »
This breaks my heart!  :'( I know I'm new here, but I'd be willing to take in the girls. I miss my blues and I'd love to have some again. But I'm also in PA and I can't drive all the way down there to get them.

I really hope you find someone to take them before you have to leave!  :worry:
Let nothing dim the light that shines from within.

Offline Arlene

• Posts Too Much!
  • Be kind to every living thing!
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 11:16:59 AM »
Have you tried to contact Small Angels Rescue? Maybe they can help you.

http://www.smallangelsrescue.org/
Arlene & my 6 rats, 2 mice, 2 ferrets, 9 cats (3 house kitties,3 feral, 3 fosters), 3 dogs Missing: 135 rats, 15 ferrets, 5 cats, 7 dogs

Offline grreen007

• Ritten
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 09:08:36 AM »
Hi,

Please contact me ASAP I may be able to help.

debbie.green@cox.net

Offline BluEye3104

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 10:52:51 AM »
I sent you an email about taking in your rats and I haven't heard from you yet.
Do you still need someone to take them?

email me,

BluEye3104@Yahoo.com

Offline TheBoarTribe

• Ritten
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 01:43:49 PM »
I've been checking my emails, and I haven't received an email from you, Blueye3104. I was trying to get more information on members here, but I can't view anyone's profile. Anyone know why that might be? I'm confused and frustrated.  ???

Offline PricklyPear

• Forum Enabler
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 01:59:51 PM »
You have to have posted a set number of times before you can view profiles or send private messages.
Playing Pied Piper for:
Poe, Maui, Willow and Aspen
Tag, Tobin, Deacon and Shepherd
Frost, Pirate, Batman, Victor
Saka, Aang
Cloud and Seph
Wisper, Ninja, Echo and Feather

RIP beloved heartrat Perfidy(4/08) and all my other tiny friends, now too many to list

Offline BluEye3104

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 03:35:09 PM »
I sent an email to theboartribe@comcast.net
I'll send it again..

Offline grreen007

• Ritten
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 03:26:08 PM »
Hi,

I sent an email too.  It looks like you have two potential takers, so please follow up with one of us!  I just want the ratties to have a good home, so whatever works out for the ratties works out for me though I will take any or all of them!

My email is debbie.green@cox.net

Offline TheBoarTribe

• Ritten
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2007, 09:51:43 AM »
Okay, I have some good news! We just found out today that we are not getting transferred out this month. In fact, it might not be until August or later, so these guys don't need new homes now.  :hyper:

Thanks so much to everyone who replied, and those that offered assistance. I really appreciate it!

Now to cancel the moving service, call about our rental and unpack.  :P