Author Topic: Nasal trouble / snorting with 17 yr. old male  (Read 1178 times)

Offline pepperannie

Nasal trouble / snorting with 17 yr. old male
« on: March 27, 2007, 10:31:57 PM »
 ???Just wondering if anyone has had this with their kitties.....  Bootsie has had this reoccuring problem for atleast one year if not longer.  I have taken him to 2 different vets.  They tell me that he could have a tumor in his nasal passage that flairs up and causes his problem.  He is too old to make it through that operation if that is what it is.  This is what he does..... He starts with those backwards sneezes but really fast.  His sides go in and out.  This lasts just about 20 or 30 seconds.  Then he'll throw up some mucus or his food if he just ate.  Once the vet gives me antibiotics he is good for about 4 months.  This last time though it only stopped it for about 1 month or so.  I just don't know what to do. Otherwise he is in great condition for being 17 yrs. old.  The vets can not believe how strong and build good he is.  He does not seem in pain.  He had blood work done and nothing showed up.  He does eat and drink alot but his results showed no diabetes or kidney trouble.  Puzzling?  The vets like when I imitate his backward sneezing episodes.  It is like a pig snorting for about 20 seconds... 
Any ideas???
Proud to be have been loved by my rats.... RIP...Turtleneck, Pepperannie, Steveo, Jack, Gwennie and Stephanie! I love you all so much!  Also loved by Bootsie, Elvis and Katie!