Author Topic: !!Hand Made Custom Harnesses!! *Re-opened! 03/15/09*  (Read 48081 times)

Offline BarbedDragon

• Posts Too Much!
  • To whom it may concern...
!!Hand Made Custom Harnesses!! *Re-opened! 03/15/09*
« on: May 10, 2007, 10:26:12 PM »
ETA: I've found a little more time on my hands now that the busy season has calmed down. I'm have re-opened as of 3/15/2009!!

Feel free to e-mail me at Barbedwirecat@yahoo.com for faster processing

Special Offer!! If you buy 3 you get the 4th free!!!
Can be combined, buy 6 get two free and such!!

I made these to be Nekkid friendly, meaning NO Metal clasps to pinch or pop open unexpectedly. The toggles I use are very strong and will hold under strain. The cording used is very soft and non irritating to nekkid skin. The "nekkid friendly" cording color choices right now are Black and White. The color choices for Furry rats are pretty much anything you desire, I have sparkley and metallic.

Colors:
Iridescent "foil" woven

*Update* due to local business not stocking most Iris colors, I only have Iris white, Iris black, and Ice blue Iris until further notice.

Silvery same color "foil" woven:

Pink has been discontinued.

Bead colors:

I have pretty much any color you can imagine, and if I don't have it I don't mind trying to find it for you. Metallic, neon, clear colored, glow in the dark, and a few shapes (which I try to include in each one).

Shapes INCLUDE: Butterfly, Star, Hear, Flower.

I will try to color match the toggle to the desired cording color or beads.

You also have a choice of beads on the leash handle, up to 3 colors can be used, or if you desire a particular shape or style let me know I will try and accommodate. I'm just doing plain beads right now, but promise I will be doing customs and fancy beads as soon as I can get a decent bead provider (I should know within the next week)

Beads come in any color imaginable, I even have puce.

So here are the prices:

Standard Plain/w beads
3.00 per leash w/ beads (your choice of three colors-beads and 1 color leash) plus shipping and handling to you door.

Add 1.00 per rat bead to any order.
Add 2.00 per beaded NAME to any order.

I NOW DO KEYCHAINS!!
Keychains are base price 4.00 and you get 1 rat bead and a nice assortment of coloful beads (your color choice)
Beaded Names are 2.00 extra.

sorry about the cruddy pic, my camera's on its last leg.

Here's a photo of Goober modeling our Standard Version:

Goobers experience using the leash is good, he walks on it on the grass and does not chew at it. I make sure to leave a pinkie's room between the harness and him. These are NOT recommended to be left on unattended rats (but who would leave their rat outside unattended?) or for LONG periods of use. I also do not recommend these for "anxious" or flighty rats as they might have a tendency to get chewed.

NEW PICS!

These are the standard leashes (you can see the color is sparkly) and the beads on the end.
Our lovley model today is Eve:

***extra note*** I have added more beads to the handles, these are just begining pics so they do have more beads now.

-----Please read-----

Like a few of the hammock makers on this forum I am doing this to no benefit of myself and all proceeds will be donated to various organizations. This is also why I have decided not to give out the instructions on how to make them. I hope anyone purchasing these will understand this is for a good cause and to not be used for mass production or to personally financially benefit said users. I know, they are relatively simple and easy to make, but these are to benefit the rats, and really these put NO money in my pocket AT ALL. SO you can donate money to a rat rescue and feel good, AND you can get a leash to boot.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 03:22:57 AM by BarbedDragon »

My bestest friends are NEKKID!
Catering to Morticia, Harley, Quinn, Zim, Curley, Taterpants, Taco, Moose, Shrek, R2, and D2

Offline MaevePotter

• Posts Too Much!
    • Meg's Magical Hammocks
Re: !!Hand Made Custom Harnesses and Necklaces!!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 12:22:01 AM »
how much for a necklace for me with 11 rats on it?
:heart: Loved by: Sean, Mittens, Honey, Little Bear, Pewpew, Thomas, Midget, Benjamin, Little Heart, Petal, Piranha, and Cricket.
Mommy misses: Dumbo, Piper, Emily, Merlyn, Theo, sweet Finn, Georgiana, Winston, Lily, Owen, Nicholas, Albus, Dumbledore, sweet Daphne, Fiona, Roger, Esther, and Caius.

Offline munkeesmama

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 02:02:08 AM »
Can you make the 2nd type of bead into a keychain?

Elaina, owned by 11 rats, 1 dog, 3 kids

Offline BarbedDragon

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 10:09:46 AM »
Absolutely, if thats what you would like let me know I'll get the materials and give you a price :)

The beads are being shippied on monday, I hope to have them next week!!

Catering to Morticia, Harley, Quinn, Zim, Curley, Taterpants, Taco, Moose, Shrek, R2, and D2

Offline BarbedDragon

• Posts Too Much!
Re: !!Hand Made Custom Harnesses and Necklaces!! Ceramic rat beads
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 09:44:25 AM »
 :poke:

Anyone still interested in these??

I made a few more and will post pics later tonight.

Anyone still want keychains?

Offline OrlandoBloomnut

• Posts Too Much!
  • I am no longer a ratty mom :(
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 04:00:18 PM »
I would love to see more pics please :D
I am owned by:
1 dog Misty
Gone but not forgotten:Diamond & Citrine. Quiche & Dini and now Sweetness
I miss you .

Offline Lise

• Posts Too Much!
  • Animal Crazed
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 06:56:47 PM »
I got my harnesses yesterday.  My younger rats won't tolerate them (I kinda figured that might happen LOL) but it seems like the older ones may. 

Its a bit chilly and very windy this weekend, but as soon as it gets nice out I will take them outside and see how they like it!  Thanks BarbedDragon.

PS -- One comment... you need to make the knot on the end in the harness much bigger.  It came out very easily when I was trying to adjust the harness.  And I had a heckuva time getting it back through.  :)  Other than that, its great!  Thanks.
|| Lise ||

The Boy: Simon  The Girls: Arizona | Karma | Pepper | Penelope 

& Always Remembered: Molly, Nora, Tevy, Lucy, Guinness, Seagram, Pixie, Cleopatra, Skye, Bella, Juno, Sasha, Gibson

Offline BarbedDragon

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 11:25:49 PM »
 :shocked2: :shocked2:

Oh man I though I tested that shoot I'm sorry, let me know if theres anything I can do to fix it for you.

(I might need some more "testers" hehehe)

Yours was kinda the...well...first run. I think I'll be putting a pony bead on that so it doesn't happen again. Plus it'll be easier to pull.

My little guys don't tolorate it either. The older ones are pretty good about it. Goober....well he's just a blob of fat, nothing really bothers him.

Offline MaevePotter

• Posts Too Much!
    • Meg's Magical Hammocks
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 01:25:06 AM »
yeah more pics :poke: Did you take a pic of what a mock up might look like?
:heart: Loved by: Sean, Mittens, Honey, Little Bear, Pewpew, Thomas, Midget, Benjamin, Little Heart, Petal, Piranha, and Cricket.
Mommy misses: Dumbo, Piper, Emily, Merlyn, Theo, sweet Finn, Georgiana, Winston, Lily, Owen, Nicholas, Albus, Dumbledore, sweet Daphne, Fiona, Roger, Esther, and Caius.

Offline BarbedDragon

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 09:00:36 AM »
MP--I still have not gotten the beads yet. I cannot make a mockup without the beads. I ordered them earlier this week, they were supposed to be here by now. I promise I'll make you a mockup up of the necklace as soon as they arrive.

Offline werecatrising

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2007, 10:25:14 PM »
I got my harness today! It's great, thanks!

Offline Lise

• Posts Too Much!
  • Animal Crazed
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 10:39:30 PM »
I got to take my older girl out for a "walk" this evening for the first time.  Thanks BarbedDragon, for this great product.

And here is a video of Tevy on the harness, she had a blast:
http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t139/CrazyRatLady/?action=view&current=tevyonharness.flv
|| Lise ||

The Boy: Simon  The Girls: Arizona | Karma | Pepper | Penelope 

& Always Remembered: Molly, Nora, Tevy, Lucy, Guinness, Seagram, Pixie, Cleopatra, Skye, Bella, Juno, Sasha, Gibson

Offline MaevePotter

• Posts Too Much!
    • Meg's Magical Hammocks
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 10:49:14 PM »
thats so cute lise!

Offline ratlets

• Posts Too Much!
  • Kerfuffle is my heart rat!
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 10:56:27 PM »
omg... that video makes me want to take mine out!
Owned by: Bandit, Ushi, Sheepster, & Devil

I'll never forget my Big Boy Kerfuffle, my Scruffy Scruff, & my little Peanut.

Offline BarbedDragon

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2007, 09:05:58 PM »
Thanks so much for your support guys!! I really do appriciate it and so will the rats you are helping out.

I'm making sure I gather enough in donations to send to the rescues equally (it would be unfair otherwise).

I'm really sorry I haven't gotten any pics up of the other harnesses, I just haven't had the time (I get home after dark) on the pretty days and the days I'm off it always seems really icky outside. I should have a nice clear day tomorrow and I will take more pics then.

Offline BarbedDragon

• Posts Too Much!
Re: !!Hand Made Custom Harnesses and Necklaces!! New Pics 5/23
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 10:02:16 AM »
OK i still haven'received the beads they were supposed to be here over a week ago...it looks like they hav been lost in the mail...yippee. Well we'll try this again.

Offline KittyRat

• Posts Too Much!
  • I Believe
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 03:16:05 PM »
Are those regular pony beads? cause if they are, I have a ton of them I can send you  :balloon:
Rats: RIP~Makani Pokani,Cloud,Janis,Rooster,Sphinx,Lily&June
And welcome home Maverick & Goose
Dogs: Lexi & Akima
4 doves Paloma, Gwen, Beau & Breeze

Offline BarbedDragon

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2007, 07:51:20 AM »
Yep they sure are. I have decent ammount but I am always looking for new colors. PM me if you'd like to send them my way :) Thanks!!

Offline Foxx

• Eep!
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2007, 04:02:10 AM »
Could you possibly post instructions (or PM them to me)?  These look interesting, and I'm just wondering from a construction standpoint how they compare to some other rat harnesses I've seen around.

And do you take Paypal?

Offline BarbedDragon

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2007, 09:34:03 AM »
I do take paypal. I actually prefer paypal :) I will take checks and Money orders, but checks will have to clear, and Money orders take time to get here. Not that I mind at all, but I'd rather get the harness out to you guys ASAP for your rats to enjoy :BlueDumboSmile:

I do apologize, I will not post instructions or privately send them, as these are for rescue benefit. I'm not thinking that you would try to take the idea, but I did state in the first post I would not--and I can't make an exception to the policy :/ Otherwise I'm obliged to give them to everyone.

They are simple, but strong---and I have not found any problems (minus the one Lise had with the first run, which has been fixed) and my older guys and gals love them.

Offline BarbedDragon

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2007, 09:37:02 AM »
Also to add----I have given up on the rat beads. I have had 2 shipments not arrive yet and I have been waiting about 3 weeks or more. I'm really sorry to those who were looking forward to them. I'm trying to find another vendor at the moment. It was really hard to find these in the first place  :BlueDumboBigEyes:.

Offline Foxx

• Eep!
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2007, 02:17:43 PM »
My apologies--I thought you said you WOULD.  I'm sorry.  Reading should always be done with glasses if needed, I forget that.   :-\

What would shipping be on three regular leash/harnesses to 89512?  I imagine they ship inexpensively, being so light and simple.

(I might get these a bit later on so knowing what it's worth now would be useful)

Offline BarbedDragon

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2007, 02:35:23 PM »
No worries I'll Pm you with it  :BlueDumboSmile:

Offline BarbedDragon

• Posts Too Much!
Re: !!Hand Made Custom Harnesses!! New Pics 5/23
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2007, 09:35:55 AM »
I'm taking the necklaces off until I can find beads. (or MAKE them teeheehee)
Thanks so much ALL for your support.  :cookie:  :cookie:

Just to add---I am doing FLAT RATE shipping : this means I can put as many harness's that will fit in the package regaurdless of weight right now, so feel free to order as many as you like and not worry about the shipping going up.

Offline ratlets

• Posts Too Much!
  • Kerfuffle is my heart rat!
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2007, 03:36:48 PM »
Got mine today!!! Thank you so much! I can't wait to try it out :D  Will post pics as soon as I do!
Owned by: Bandit, Ushi, Sheepster, & Devil

I'll never forget my Big Boy Kerfuffle, my Scruffy Scruff, & my little Peanut.