Author Topic: !!Hand Made Custom Harnesses!! *Re-opened! 03/15/09*  (Read 49178 times)

Offline BarbedDragon

• Posts Too Much!
  • To whom it may concern...
Re: !!Hand Made Custom Harnesses!! RAT BEADS ARE HERE 7/24!!!
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2007, 01:31:55 PM »
UPDATE please see first post for pics of new BEADS!!! OOh LALA!  :yelcutelaugh:

My bestest friends are NEKKID!
Catering to Morticia, Harley, Quinn, Zim, Curley, Taterpants, Taco, Moose, Shrek, R2, and D2

Offline italianqt

• Posts Too Much!
  • Gennaro's hungry!
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2007, 02:14:18 PM »
Nice!!! Are you offering keychains with the rat beads? I love them!
The kittehs: Fia and Nice Kitty.

Offline BarbedDragon

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2007, 04:07:34 PM »
Sure I'd have to work up some pricing and see what I can do for materials. I'm thinking of doing one rat bead and then the word RATS And then a pretty ceramic bead on the end...

What do you think?

Catering to Morticia, Harley, Quinn, Zim, Curley, Taterpants, Taco, Moose, Shrek, R2, and D2

Offline italianqt

• Posts Too Much!
  • Gennaro's hungry!
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2007, 05:07:32 PM »
I like that idea! I can hear people asking..."What is that, a mouse?" so spelling out what they are is perfect!
The kittehs: Fia and Nice Kitty.

Offline werecatrising

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2007, 07:30:25 PM »
I took a couple of my kids outside for the first time today! They had so much fun! Sam, the dumbo, was a little more reserved. Zero, the bew, was all over the place. It was hard to get any decent pics of him.  I'll have to get pics of the handles later. They came out so cute!

Offline bug.dragon

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • To a loving rat you are the world
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2007, 11:03:18 PM »
THANKS SOOOOO MUCH! The girls LOVE them! I emailed you the pics to post since goosemoose wont let me upload any...just letting people know these things ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
A well-balanced person has a rat on each shoulder.
<:3 )~~ RIP Stella Baby and my other ratlets<:3*)~~

Pet's name: Nolita
Adopted by: Jill

Adopt your own![/URL

Offline BarbedDragon

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2007, 01:29:43 PM »
AWWWW those pics are great. Thank you so much I'm very glad they like them!

bug.dragon, I'm going to be uploading your pics either today or when I get back from my trip. Its complete chaos around here packing and cleaning. I just got 2 more foster boys (unplanned, its a long story) last night so I'm making sure they are all taken care of.

***message to all*** I will be on vacation from 8/01-8/05***

If you submit an order to me after today, I promise I will get back to you on 8/05.

If you have any questions you can e-mail me at Barbedwirecat@yahoo.com I will be able to check my e-mail but thats about it (on my cell phone).

Offline GwenL

• Ritten
Re: !!Hand Made Custom Harnesses!!% ::Vacation 8/1-8/5:: %
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2007, 04:26:09 PM »
I can't wait until you return from vacation! A few questions:

- I have four 6-mo old females - is there a reason babies don't tolerate the harness, or is there a way to help train them to accept it?
- What is the purpose of the beads? Is it okay if I prefer no beads?
- May I have a 15-foot leash? I want to sit in a protected area of the park and let them galavant around, just not too far.
- Do rats really let themselves be walked, like a dog does? Or does the rattie walk the owner?  :) If the owner really walks the rat, are there specific training techniques that help this?
- If you will give me the current web link to harness/leash colors, and let me know the prices for 15-foot leashes with no beads, and provide your address, I will likely have a check in the mail asap! Thank you for your great work!
     gwen

Offline Lise

• Posts Too Much!
  • Animal Crazed
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2007, 08:48:32 PM »
Younger rats just tend to be less tolerant of new things, and have much more "fight" in them.  I have worked with my young girls inside the house with the harness since I got my harnesses a month? two months? ago and now finally I trust them enough to go outside. (Yay!)  Like anything else, it can take patience.  Or if you have a really mellow rat that nothing bothers, even if they are babies they may be totally fine with it. :)

You definitely cannot walk rats like a dog though.    As great as that would be. :cheeky:  In my experience the rats walk the owner.  They may follow you to a certain extent but definitely not like a dog.  Mine just like to go exploring wherever they please.

Here are some pictures from my latest trip outside, with one of my younger girls who originally wanted nothing to do with the harness.  Wheee!

« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 09:08:54 PM by Lise »
|| Lise ||

The Boy: Simon  The Girls: Arizona | Karma | Pepper | Penelope 

& Always Remembered: Molly, Nora, Tevy, Lucy, Guinness, Seagram, Pixie, Cleopatra, Skye, Bella, Juno, Sasha, Gibson

Offline OwNeDbYrAtS

• I'm only happy when it rains...
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2007, 07:10:00 AM »
How much would shipping be to 30518?  I would love to get one of these.  I can't really tell what colors the cords are but anything close to purple or pink if you don't have purple and could you do like one of those little star beads, there's a clear one in the pic.  And then the rest of the beads I want alternating black and white, if you can't do the star just do the black and white.  This is a really great idea, btw.  Many of the rat harnesses I've seen either won't stay on or the ratties don't tolerate them.   :thumbsup2:

Edit-Purple cord and black and white beads.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 10:23:23 AM by OwNeDbYrAtS »
Current Ratties: Shampoo.
Rainbow Rats: Juno, Rubie, Meg, Daisie, Sandie, Oreo, Bracken, Aminta, Pie and Monkie...
Looking to get some little boys in the GA area...

Offline BarbedDragon

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2007, 06:27:52 PM »
Lise those pics are GREAT!

I really do love the last one in the tree.

gwenlbzd--I can make a 15ft leash no beads. You must understand you have to be very careful in a "park" setting, as predators like hawks, cats, and even other prey driven creatures could snatch them up at a moments notice. I had a bad personal experiance with a ferret when I was lounging in the park w/ her and a dog without a leash ran up and grabbed her and flung her around. Thankfully she was ok and only broke a tooth, but from other wild animals it could be more severe.

As Lise stated babies can be less tolorant of things, then mellow out when they get older, but they do come in ALL flavors. Some will endure them and some wont. But normally if you keep trying with them, as in Lise's example then will eventually accept it if you try it with them little by little in sessions.

The colors I have are in the first post. I haven't run out of anything as of yet---but make sure you let me know which color so I cam make sure I have enough.

I will PM you all more with pricing a little later, I'm still catchin up with cleaining.  :wink5:

Offline Snowy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2007, 05:56:16 PM »
Ooh, I want one for Colby!  I'd love to take him outside in our little backyard, it's fenced in.  I'm REALLY paranoid though that he might slip out and run away!  I suppose "practicing" with him inside for a couple weeks first would be good.  Sorry, I didn't notice in the post, but how long is the leash?  And do you have letter beads?  I'd love his leash to have his name on it, just 'cause I'm a dork.  So, you can pick what color leash and harness, how many colors of beads can you pick?  And last of all, how much is shipping to 99701 or 98026?  Thank you!
Former slave to 9 sweet ratties in heaven.  Currently overrun by 6 adorable bunnies and 3 obnoxious cockatiels!

Offline BarbedDragon

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2007, 10:53:17 PM »
Sorry I haven't been able to get a conpany to cheaply sell me JUST letter beads (I wanted ceramic ones).

But if you order a "rat bead" with it I'd be happy to put your ratties name on it :)

You get to choose from 6 beads and the center bead (which would be the rat bead, or shapes, all pictured on the first post).

I'll PM you with more pricing specifics.

Offline TeenageMary

• Ritten
Re: !!Hand Made Custom Harnesses!! New rat beads!!
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2007, 08:06:24 PM »
Hi.. I would liek to purchas one of these... however, my thing says I am not allowed to PM right now... I do not know why. But yeah. $3? E-mail me at teenagemary@gmail.com so I's can order from you.

Offline GwenL

• Ritten
« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2007, 10:45:29 PM »
Hi there Lauren! I sent you email (twice, to Thenekkidratzoo@yahoo.com). Did you get it? I'm hanging in there waiting for a bit more information and then I'm ready to send the bucks (not the deer kind). thanks!
   gwen
===================================

:bow: Hi, BarbedDragon, this is Gwen Lindsey, hoping for a quote soon? You sure have a lot of cleaning up to do.  ;D

I'm the one who wants 15-foot leashes with no beads. Before I choose the leash type, I would prefer one without glitter or a metalic feel. Do you have "plain"? What is the leash material made of? And do they come with wrist handles? I would need to put a wrist handle on each ankle and each wrist, and lay out like a snow angel on the grass to let the four girlies gallivant and cavort.

So, plain leash, 15-foooters, handles, no beads, mailed to 94610. If you can give me costs, I'll send you the info on which leashes, and a check, asap! thanks,

gwen  :wave2:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 11:44:50 AM by gwenlbzd »

Offline BarbedDragon

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #90 on: August 15, 2007, 11:28:55 PM »
Done and done....sorry about that folks. I had a major brain fart.

I'm sorry I know you guys can't PM....for anyone else you can e-mail me at Thenekkidratzoo@yahoo.com

Offline Snowy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2007, 04:33:16 AM »
Yay!  My leash arrived today!  Colby also got neutered today so it's kind of a consolation prize for him.  I put it on him and he did great (except for when I was tightening it and pinched his skin and made him squeak, sorry baby  :-[).  Didn't fight when I put it on and didn't try to get it off, just ran around exploring!  Here's a picture of him in it, he did lots of exploring but I couldn't get a good picture then because he was moving so fast!  We're going to practice inside for a while before we go outside, though it really did feel quite secure.  I will post more pictures when we go outside.  THANK YOU!

(Oh yeah, the bead fell off over the knot so I untied it then re-tied it around the bead)
Former slave to 9 sweet ratties in heaven.  Currently overrun by 6 adorable bunnies and 3 obnoxious cockatiels!

Offline BarbedDragon

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2007, 02:46:47 PM »
I'm sorry about that :( my hands is not what they used to be, I'm getting more pain in them. I normally tie a double knot  :doh: But I try to work on about 5-6 orders at a time so I might have slipped on that one. *make mental note to triple check EVERYTHING**

I'm very glad he likes it!! :BlueDumboSmile:

Offline Snowy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2007, 08:32:51 PM »
No problem!  It took about 20 seconds to fix.  Also, I wanted to say that I was surprised how well he did with it!  He's only three months old and quite a busy boy, but I had it on him and adjusted in about 45 seconds.  He wasn't bothering it at all once on.  Awesome!

Offline w1ngs0fate

• w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com
    • DeviantArt Gallery
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2007, 12:26:41 PM »
Wow, this is wonderful, BarbedDragon, what you're doing!  Those harnesses are great.  I might consider buying one in the future, but I'm not sure if my boys, Ghost and Gizmo, would let me put it on them and if they would chew at it.  (They still don't even like to be picked up.)

You say you can make keychains too?  Do you have an example of one so I could see?  I might like one of those. ^_^  Are you able to put a rat bead on it?

Offline BarbedDragon

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2007, 04:26:27 PM »
Yep, I'm actually working on my first keychains tonight. I'll take a pic as soon as they are complete. I don't think we have had any chewing incidences *yet* but we all know its not impossible. I think if they are still iffy about being handled it's probably a good idea to wait and let them let you know how they will be. The harnesses aren't for every rat.

But the keychains are for every rat parent  :BlueDumboSmile: and I can put a rat bead on it.

I'm also working on a necklace which I will post too :)

Oh and guys, I finally bought a cheap toaster oven, so I might have FIMO creations soon as far as beads go.

Offline Spatx

Re: !!Hand Made Custom Harnesses!! Keychains 09/04!!
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2007, 02:16:46 PM »
Thank-you for making such wonderful Harnesses! My rats are truly enjoying theirs :D

Here's Tessa, one of my younger girls sporting the harness for the first time :D

Shelley's owned by 13 rats.
Boys: Maurice, Sparrow, Bobo & Vincent
Girls: Lily, George, Ella, Luna, Mora, Zoe, Cocoa, Tessa & Addie

Offline GlitterFlame89

• Animal Guardians
« Reply #97 on: September 08, 2007, 09:23:13 PM »
Great HArnesses BD! I think I want to place an order for two. How much altogether to be shipped to 19020 zip code. What I'd want is a Metallic Blue with Green beads (varied ones, if possible) with my rat's name on it. The other would be Metallic Green with varied blue beads and my other rat's name on it. Also, could the little clip part be lue on the green leash and green on the blue leash? Thank you so much! My e-mail is GlitterFlame89@Aol.Com . Thanks! (I will be ordering just as soon as I make a final decision on my newest rat's name, tee hee!)  :rattysmiley: :BlueDumboSmile:

Offline BarbedDragon

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2007, 03:20:06 AM »
Sure thing that sounds very pretty! Shoot me an e-mail when you are ready and I will write out and invoice for you ;)

The nekkidratzoo@yahoo.com

-Lauren

Offline werecatrising

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #99 on: September 09, 2007, 03:21:21 AM »
I can't wait to see what fimo stuff you come up with!