Author Topic: i dont know what to do!?!?!?  (Read 2698 times)

Offline andrea4437

• Ritten
i dont know what to do!?!?!?
« on: May 27, 2007, 03:22:36 PM »
i have a cute little bunny that ive had for a while, but she is very picky. she is starting to get very long teeth, but she wont chew on any of the blocks that i get her. ive gotten her flavored ones, spongy ones, regular wood blocks, and just about anything else that i could find, but she still wont chew on them. what should i do?

Offline bug.dragon

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • To a loving rat you are the world
Re: i dont know what to do!?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 03:54:14 PM »
Try getting fun ones...maybe some ones that you can hang and make noises...my bun prefers those to ones that just sit on the floor...if she doesn't start chewing soon though, I'd say you'll have to take your bun to the vet to get her teeth trimmed
A well-balanced person has a rat on each shoulder.
<:3 )~~ RIP Stella Baby and my other ratlets<:3*)~~

Pet's name: Nolita
Adopted by: Jill

Adopt your own![/URL

Offline BunGirl

• WildRescue Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 05:45:54 PM »
It sounds like everything you've tried is wood.  Try some other options.  My buns have a chew stone (a rough piece of stone designed for filing down growing teeth) and some plastic toddler toys that they love to chew on.  Those big, plastic keys that are really popular for teething tots are great for bunnies -- they can pick em up, throw em around, and they make a neat rattling noise when the bunny tosses them.  Another option for you might be willow toys, like the ones carried by Busy Bunny.  (Warning: the site seems to be running really slowly right now, but it's totally worth the wait!)
Secretary, WildRescue Inc.

Offline bug.dragon

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • To a loving rat you are the world
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 09:01:07 PM »
in that case...are tennis balls safe for buns to play with? i thought Salvador might like them b/c they roll around and he can push them but his cage is in my room, therefore he needs SOME toys he can play with that are quiet so i can sleep...i thought a tennis ball might be nice, but i dunno if he'll be in trouble b/c of the fuzz on it, or if he manages to eat his way through...he's only twice the tennis ball's size, so maybe it'd make for a good baby toy? i don't think he could even open his mouth wide enough if he wanted tot o bite into it
A well-balanced person has a rat on each shoulder.
<:3 )~~ RIP Stella Baby and my other ratlets<:3*)~~

Pet's name: Nolita
Adopted by: Jill

Adopt your own![/URL

Offline BunGirl

• WildRescue Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 09:09:18 PM »
the fuzz can be a problem.  They make wicker balls he could roll and chew and toss though...  something like these might work. 
Secretary, WildRescue Inc.

Offline Rose

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rodentia Dementia!
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 05:54:17 PM »
We have a very good pet store here (in Sunnyvale, CA) that sells maize and seagrass mats,  willow balls and little basket toy items that have not been treated with anything bad for buns.  They also have a wooden toy that looks like a television remote.  With I had found those before the buttons on mine got chewed off.
http://www.forotherlivingthings.com/pages/1/17/

Clean cardboard boxes with hay hidden inside can also be recreational.  You can make 'em or buy.

http://www.forotherlivingthings.com/pages/1/20/

Beware of SARS-Suddenly Acquired Rat Syndrome