Author Topic: URGENT!!! Help Needed!  (Read 2053 times)

Offline bug.dragon

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • To a loving rat you are the world
URGENT!!! Help Needed!
« on: June 09, 2007, 01:26:18 AM »
My mom has a set of lamps with bead fringe shades...I just waltzed in on my bun chewing on them and managed to het 6 beads out of his mouth, but I am worried that one may have gotten past me...they're tiny, about the size of the period on your keyboard, but they're made of glass, there are no emgernecy vets around here...should he be able to pass it if it's only one or two? I don't think he managed to break the beads, he didn't have enough time to chew that hard, and they're smooth unless broken, but I'm nervous as it's saturday and the vet here is closed today and tomorrow
A well-balanced person has a rat on each shoulder.
<:3 )~~ RIP Stella Baby and my other ratlets<:3*)~~

Pet's name: Nolita
Adopted by: Jill

Adopt your own![/URL

Offline BunGirl

• WildRescue Blog
Re: URGENT!!! Help Needed!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 04:16:49 PM »
Sorry I didn't see this sooner...  My advice in situations like this is always to just keep an eye on the rabbit, particularly noting eating and potty behaviors, until you have a chance to talk to your vet about it.  Really though, it sounds like these beads were small enough that they should pass right through.
Secretary, WildRescue Inc.

Offline bug.dragon

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • To a loving rat you are the world
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 06:28:07 PM »
yeah, he seems fine now...i was just worried he'd break one, and there's be a small but sharp edge cutting up his tummy but he's fine and happy and binky-ing about 24/7 so i guess they passed through   :)
A well-balanced person has a rat on each shoulder.
<:3 )~~ RIP Stella Baby and my other ratlets<:3*)~~

Pet's name: Nolita
Adopted by: Jill

Adopt your own![/URL

Offline BunGirl

• WildRescue Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 06:41:11 PM »
I'd keep an eye out for a week or two, just in case.  If he starts eating less, pooping less, or just loses energy, take him to the vet, but otherwise don't worry overly much about it.
Secretary, WildRescue Inc.