Rats Rule! > Rat Tails & Mug Shots

gah. Stupid kid. --rant. Yes rat related--

<< < (10/20) > >>

Chaosbadgerling:

--- Quote from: Aesear on June 16, 2007, 10:33:13 PM ---Sasha- though I am a bit late to this thread, I know how uncomfortable you must have felt with your age group getting "slammed" on. I still feel that way when people talk angrily about teenagers, even though I'm 25. On the other hand, you may want to take it as a compliment:  because of how maturely you act on this forum, I think a lot of people forget your age.

--- End quote ---

LOL  yeah, I forgot (till Sasha mentioned it)  that she was only a chillun.  :poke: 

snugs her lots.  You have a lot of maturity hon, and thats a good thing. :cookie:

Sasha(Rattatoulli):

--- Quote from: Chaosbadgerling on June 17, 2007, 12:27:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: Aesear on June 16, 2007, 10:33:13 PM ---Sasha- though I am a bit late to this thread, I know how uncomfortable you must have felt with your age group getting "slammed" on. I still feel that way when people talk angrily about teenagers, even though I'm 25. On the other hand, you may want to take it as a compliment:  because of how maturely you act on this forum, I think a lot of people forget your age.

--- End quote ---

LOL  yeah, I forgot (till Sasha mentioned it)  that she was only a chillun.  :poke: 

snugs her lots.  You have a lot of maturity hon, and thats a good thing. :cookie:

--- End quote ---
:BlueDumboSmile: :BlueDumboSmile: :BlueDumboSmile:

JulesMichy:

--- Quote from: anita1216 on June 15, 2007, 07:33:15 PM ---Its a shame to see so many claiming their dislike of children here. I suppose some forget all to soon that they were once children themselves?

--- End quote ---

I see this argument come up in a lot of the anti/pro-kid threads in forums that I frequent, and I always wonder how anyone thinks it makes any sense. How are those two things related at all? Yes, I was a child once. Now I am not. What that has to do with my like/dislike of children, I don't know.

For the record, I like most kids. But I don't have any compulsion about being "mean" to them, either. If a kid is rude to me, I'm going to be rude right back.

I babysat for years, sometimes for children that other people warned me away from. Three of those kids that I received dire warnings about turned out to be my best kids, and the ones I had the most fun with. Their mother absolutely could not believe it when I didn't quit at the end of the night. Apparently she'd gone through a lot of babysitters. And when she asked me how the kids had behaved, I told her: "pretty good." She looked like she was about to fall over from shock. Granted, the kids had started out the night throwing dry cereal at one another in the living room and when I told them to clean it up, they refused. So I changed tactics and said: "Okay, no Playstation until the mess is cleaned up. You can watch TV, go outside, or whatever else you want. But no video games. Now, who wants to help me clean this up?"

Worked like a magic charm. It became a game, and the kids started competing amongst themselves to see who could get the most pieces of cereal.

anita1216:
I see this argument come up in a lot of the anti/pro-kid threads in forums that I frequent, and I always wonder how anyone thinks it makes any sense. How are those two things related at all? Yes, I was a child once. Now I am not. What that has to do with my like/dislike of children, I don't know.

*sighs* I expect far to much from humans and as usual I am disappointed and wish I had said little or nothing at all. My point? HAVE SOME PATIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I should have just said that to begin with. You were once a child and likely annoying, crass and rude. Maybe its that Im not shocked by children and the things they say. I spend alot of time with kids, so Im not easily surprised or annoyed by them.

JulesMichy:
Fine, patience. Yeah. But the fact is that some people have little of it, or are easily irritated by loud/obnoxious behavior, repetitive questions, etc. Reminding them "you were a child once" is only going to annoy them further, because it does nothing to help them deal with their irritation now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version