Author Topic: Ferret.com Shipping?  (Read 952 times)

Offline BarbedDragon

• Posts Too Much!
  • To whom it may concern...
Ferret.com Shipping?
« on: June 26, 2007, 09:14:19 AM »
Hey I know a bunch of us ordered FN's from ferret.com for the 5.00 shipping. Did they tell you it was gonna take 2-3 weeks too?

They told me it has to be sent directly from the manufacturer. Yea. I mean I can wait---But I swear someone said their shipping on cages was fast......

My bestest friends are NEKKID!
Catering to Morticia, Harley, Quinn, Zim, Curley, Taterpants, Taco, Moose, Shrek, R2, and D2

diffuse01

Re: Ferret.com Shipping?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 09:35:00 AM »
I ordered one, it came about.. a week after I ordered it =]
They told me it could take 2-3wks. too, but it def. wasn't more than 10 days.

Offline MadHatter

• Tiny hands.
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 11:59:00 AM »
Mine took about a week or so.  They told me also that it would be sent straight from the manufacturer (though they didn't know where the manufacturer was located  :doh:)

Offline Pamnangel

• Posts Too Much!
  • Stand for something or you stand for nothing!
    • Pam's Petsitting
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 12:08:31 PM »
Most companies will give everyone a 'worst case scenario' estimate on how long shipping will take.  Makes the customer real happy if the item arrives earlier.
Pam
Pam's Petsitting
AuntiePamsPantry/Etsy
ElderRat Care Center
Roseville, CA

Offline Mischief Mistress

• Posts Too Much!
  • I <3 My Rats.
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 02:09:30 PM »
 :rattysmiley:
Hey! I never knew that!
That's interesting.
Mom to 2 kids
Lactation Consultant
Student Nurse!
Army Veteran!

Offline WanderingMind

• My Myspace
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 03:29:37 PM »
Just an FYI, Petsmart WILL match the Ferret.com price on the double level FN's. They didn't give me any flak at all about it. Didn't even take the $5 shipping into account. They matched the 154.99 price or whatever it is.
Owned by 3 horses (Star, Bubba, Brandy), 1 cat (Ty), and 8 ratties (Norah, Lola, Bob, and Ruppert). Rip Josie, Ella, Brianna, Cian, Evie, Dilly, Missy and Holly Anna.

Offline BarbedDragon

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 03:43:33 PM »
Oh, we had a thread awhile back that they would not honor it anymore due to the ferret.com price being a "sale" price. WE had a few people denied at the time due to this. I ordered my first FN from them and they did pricematch at the time, however they do charge TAX (and at 9.8% is kinda sucked for me) tho they don't charge shipping.

Petsmart DID get the cage out to me in 4 days tho.

I guess its the particular rep you get. ferret.com didn't charge me tax (thus far) I assume because they are internet based only. Petsmart is required to as long as they have a store within your state.

Catering to Morticia, Harley, Quinn, Zim, Curley, Taterpants, Taco, Moose, Shrek, R2, and D2

Offline embryodb

• Posts Too Much!
  • (Cara)
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 07:38:47 PM »
Ferret.com told me that it would take 2-3 weeks as well.  I ordered it the evening of June 5, shipped out June 6 and I got it June 14. 

I'm about to order another one for a friend of mine...wonder if I should give Petsmart's price-match a shot just for the heck of it?

Offline BarbedDragon

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 08:14:44 PM »
Go for it, but just remember you might end up payin more for it that way w/ taxes even with the free shipping. You'll get it quicker tho, and gosh I mean it like 5-10 dollar difference to get it there sooner *shrug*

Offline Pamnangel

• Posts Too Much!
  • Stand for something or you stand for nothing!
    • Pam's Petsitting
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 09:13:21 PM »
Well, I just joined the FN club.  Couldn't resist the 142 with that sale price and $5 shipping.  The rep estimated 1-1/2 to 2 weeks for delivery.
Pam
Pam's Petsitting
AuntiePamsPantry/Etsy
ElderRat Care Center
Roseville, CA

Offline embryodb

• Posts Too Much!
  • (Cara)
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 06:38:23 AM »
Go for it, but just remember you might end up payin more for it that way w/ taxes even with the free shipping. You'll get it quicker tho, and gosh I mean it like 5-10 dollar difference to get it there sooner *shrug*

Unfortunately, this doesn't matter because I'm in PA so ferret.com charges me tax too.. *pouts*  But I didn't go for the Petsmart thing...too tired and eager to get the cage (again)  ;D

Offline WanderingMind

• My Myspace
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2007, 11:08:04 AM »
If you are having it shipped, I'm sure Ferret.com is the better deal. However, I have a Petsmart in my city, so I just walked in, asked if they would pricematch (I printed the screenshot of the cage/price/etc). The cashier said she was sure she could and called her manager and he said yes right away to the price. She found someone to get a hand card and he loaded it up for me, I paid, and he helped me out to my car with it. By far the best service I have EVER gotten from Petsmart. I think I only paid like $165 after the taxes were added on. It's like, 7 or 7.5 here (I never can remember).
Owned by 3 horses (Star, Bubba, Brandy), 1 cat (Ty), and 8 ratties (Norah, Lola, Bob, and Ruppert). Rip Josie, Ella, Brianna, Cian, Evie, Dilly, Missy and Holly Anna.

Offline BarbedDragon

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2007, 08:32:29 PM »
Yea, I'm stuck with ordering it online because my petsmart won't even special order it for me. They are kinda evil that way sometimes.