Author Topic: I caved!  (Read 784 times)

Offline *Tiana*

• SoCali Girl
I caved!
« on: June 26, 2007, 11:40:23 PM »
I caved and just bought a Ferret Nation. I was going to buy a customized F-475 but it would've cost me $300 so I said "NO WAY" and decided I'd subject my poor hands to the dangerous job of modding the FN with hardware cloth. I'm not sure if I'll put it on the outside or inside...I'd hate to think about them getting stuck in between the bars but I'd think cleaning would be easier with it on the outside. Any opinions? Also I was going to order black hardware cloth, a 48" x 10' roll, but it'd cost me around $80 or so and I'm not sure if it'll still be enough to mod the cage. So should I just go with the green or the black? Inside or out? And I'm gonna be keeping it on permanently. That way I won't have to re-mod when I get babies in the future.
~Tiana

Offline Pillowy

• Life is great.
Re: I caved!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 08:16:42 PM »
How exciting! You'll have to show us pictures of your decorations when it arrives.

I used hardware cloth on mine, on the corner bars. I stuck it on the outside, but I don't think it really matters. If you decide put it inside, they could probably climb up it  and have some fun. As for the color, I'd say green, but that's just me. It's really just whatever you personally prefer.

Good luck!