Author Topic: Pumkin seeds  (Read 2716 times)

Offline bug.dragon

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • To a loving rat you are the world
Pumkin seeds
« on: July 24, 2007, 02:46:25 PM »
Hello,
I was wondering if non-salted, plain old regular pumkin seeds were ok for buns to eat...i foudn that my girls had dropped a couple into his pen and as i was cleaning them up, he dashed over and ate one before running away...i've re-arranged my rat babies' cage so no more seeds might drop down on him, and i'm pretty sure that ONE pumkin seed won't hurt, but i thought i'd ask to see if i can give him a few more since he seemed to like them so much...i've cheked all the site in the last 20 posts about bunny diet and did not find anything about pumkin seeds in them, so i thought i'd ask to see if anyone here knew :poke:
A well-balanced person has a rat on each shoulder.
<:3 )~~ RIP Stella Baby and my other ratlets<:3*)~~

Pet's name: Nolita
Adopted by: Jill

Adopt your own![/URL

Offline BunGirl

• WildRescue Blog
Re: Pumkin seeds
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 10:19:07 AM »
Well, they're not on the poisonous list, but just to be on the safe side, I'd give him just one or two and then watch him for 24 hours, checking for loose stools or belly gurgling.
Secretary, WildRescue Inc.

Offline bug.dragon

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • To a loving rat you are the world
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 02:07:49 PM »
wow...kinda of surprised to see that poison ivy was on there...is it just me or does that kinda go without saying?  :poke:
A well-balanced person has a rat on each shoulder.
<:3 )~~ RIP Stella Baby and my other ratlets<:3*)~~

Pet's name: Nolita
Adopted by: Jill

Adopt your own![/URL

Offline BunGirl

• WildRescue Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 07:33:31 PM »
LOL  Yeah, but if they didn't put it on the list, some fool would try to feed it to their rabbit and sue when the rabbit got sick.   :doh:
Secretary, WildRescue Inc.