Author Topic: 2 mother cats together?  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Thompson

2 mother cats together?
« on: July 27, 2007, 11:12:57 AM »
After taking on a friend's pregnant cat, another has asked me to do the same. (They both have households where they feel the kittens wouldn't be safe.)

The one cat had her kittens on Sunday, the other is due within a week or so. I was wondering if putting them in the same room would be a good thing, or a bad thing. Currently momma 1 is in the bathroom/bedroom. (Kittens in the bathtub.) Mom has free range of the bathroom and bedroom, and is let out occasionally to socialize with the other cats.

Now if I do take on another preggers cat, ideally I would also keep her in the bedroom/bathroom. Though I probably wouldn't keep the kittens wouldn't be in the bathtub with the others.

Does anyone know if this will work out? I know it probably is very dependant on the cats, but in general would the two be able to stay together? I've heard that cats will share nursing duties, but I don't know how true that is.

Also, since they will probably be a week or two apart, would this adversely affect weaning times?

Thanks.
Proudly dedicating my life to the service of:
4 rats: Marcie, Minci, Sally, and Lincoln (RIP Rosie and Washington)
6 cats: Freya, Orlin, Lya, Adria, Carson, and Ronon
and 2 Ferrets: Samwise and Sassy

Offline Auntie Crazy

• Posts Too Much!
  • How could you NOT love those furry little faces?
    • CatCentric.org
Re: 2 mother cats together?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 08:26:20 PM »
Maybe you could try keeping them in the same area and see how it goes? Sorry I don't have a better suggestion, but I think what you're doing is awesome and I wish you all the very best.

(And I'm a little jealous at all the kitten cuteness you're about to suffer from!  :cheeky:)
AC's Crew: Allen, Rachel, Meghan, Spencer, Heather & Ralph

CatCentric.org: A raw feeding, feline nutrition, health and general cat care blog, article and resource site.